Kagetsu Tohya Save Issues

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Kagetsu Tohya Save Issues

Unread postby Riknas » August 11th, 2012, 1:21 am

Alright, so. I've done some looking around, and while I'm not one for boasting, I think I've found the greatest issue for resetting a save for Kagetsu Tohya yet.

After finishing one playthrough on my own, I could tell that I missed a lot, and so I wanted to figure out how to unlock everything else. Good ol' Ciel Sensei goes and tells me to get rid of the sav21.dat.

Alright sensei, let's do that. As a note, I've installed the Japanese version of the game, and then followed up with the English installation. Now, when I go to check the English installation of the game, I can't find a sav21 file. Odd. Eventually I started deleting things haphazardly until I realized I was doing something stupid, and then elected to simply uninstall the English version of the game, and reinstall it. Hurray, now it works!

Wait, no it doesn't. After saving once, I happily exited the game to start again the next day; I find out later that I still have the epilogue, advanced opening, and the nine side stories I unlocked. "Hmmm," I say to myself, "I must not have uninstalled it correctly." So just to be thorough, I uninstall the English version, and then the regular japanese version. Okay, surely this will work, right?

Haha, of course not Riknas, that would be too easy!

I have repeated the process of uninstalling and reinstalling repeatedly, trying to figure out what I've done wrong. Somehow Kagetsu Tohya, after being closed once, manages to recover my old information. Somehow, and I can't seem to reset it. I've even searched my entire computer for a sav21 file, and made sure to remove the Kagetsu Tohya information from the Registry, and yet I still can't get a full reset of the game. I've got myself at wit's end and have no idea what to do next. Any help or advice would be deeply appreciated.

Notes:

Also, after starting up the game for the first time and saving once, I get the new Ncscroll and Nscrfoll (or something like that) files, but neither removing them or leaving them there seems to have any effect.

As another follow up note, I checked the Japanese application of the game, and this does not carry over the english saves. Just in case that's relevant somehow.
Riknas
Totally hardly posted

Re: Kagetsu Tohya Save Issues

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 11th, 2012, 9:06 am

It should be either the glovalsave.dat file or it may be within the file folder itself. I mean when i doubt surch the folder to see if the file is around. Although I think it maybe just the glovalsave file.

So you just need to remove said file from the folder, but you have to make sure you did delete the correct file beofre going in all haphazardly again.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 11th, 2012, 11:12 am

If you have installed the game in either C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86), check the corresponding VirtualStore directory to see if the saves are there.
For example, if you installed the game to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kagetsu Tohya English v0.5, then the corresponding VirtualStore directory would be %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Kagetsu Tohya English v0.5
Just type in %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore into the Windows Explorer address bar and you should be able to navigate to the directory you want and delete the saves.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Riknas » August 12th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Hey guys. Archdemon, I had no idea about that virtual storage folder, the advice was spot on! I had no idea about that folder, I actually found some excess files in there I didn't need and got the chance to clear that from my hard drive.

Thanks a ton!
Riknas
Totally hardly posted

Return to Tsukihime Chat