Tsukihime on PSP

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread post by Message » March 22nd, 2007, 5:58 am

Yeah, it's kind of a long play until you get there... I kind of forgot where in the game it was exactly. ^__^;;

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » March 22nd, 2007, 10:29 am

bah, i'm playing pc and psp side by side, so I'll get a good view of it soon.

and the psp ingame video recorder works! but it makes game laggier than vista in beta.

fender78564
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by fender78564 » March 27th, 2007, 12:46 am

Well I was going to try to put Tsukihime on my PSP, but after reading the whole process and scratching my head for half an hour, I decided this was way out of my league. :cry:

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » March 29th, 2007, 2:55 pm

tsukihime is the simple process actually. at least compared to the 5-6 hours i spent on fate...

fender78564
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by fender78564 » March 29th, 2007, 10:59 pm

After reading over I managed to figure out almost the entire process, all I have left is to figure out how unpack the arc.sar and arc.nsa files...

EDIT: Okay, I have figured everything out now except for one thing, what program did you use to resize the images?

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » March 30th, 2007, 2:03 am

hmm...well, the one provided in the pack above does the job for the original tsukihime files, but i had to resize the mirror moon files manually, with acd see 3.1. i just looked at their type-moon counterpart( after their resize) and gave the mirror-moon files the same size. quite a long process...

Unread post by Message » March 30th, 2007, 6:07 am

The easiest way would be to find the percentage of shrinkage you would have to apply, then find a tool that can batch resize images. Google is your friend I suppose. Artvaark, does the tsukipsp 0.txt converter also fix button area locations? I can imagine that resizing things manually and then having the pixel coordinates of placement changed automatically by another program, might tend to misalign more often than not.

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » March 30th, 2007, 11:56 am

hmm...i remember everything i used to make the tsukihime conversion was on insani's webpage, and it seemed to have correclty modified the pixel coordinates. i can't explain it well, but it seems that even before i resized mirror-moon's files, it already had done the pixel coordination thing. by resizing manually your files, i just adjusted the images to the same size as their japanese counterparts, thus making the hyperlinks (dunno if i can use that term, but i lack better words.) working correctly.hey, message, you have a homebrew-enabled psp? it would be far simplier if i could just send you the results...

Unread post by Message » March 30th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Unfortunately, I have no PSP at all. Not that I would want one very badly to begin with, I am merely interested from a technical perspective.

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » March 31st, 2007, 12:20 am

aww damn. i really suck at explaining stuf...but honestly...doing all the tsukihime thing and fate stay night merely requires logic and good visual comprehension...oh, and i think i hit where the fight scene is supposed to happen in fate...it just skips the scene i think. it's where archer fights berserker, right?

Unread post by Message » March 31st, 2007, 5:36 am

Yes, exactly. But it SKIPS it? O__o Bah, that's a great disappointment... Those scenes are the gems of the game. :(

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » March 31st, 2007, 3:51 pm

I'm still happy that i managed to get this on the go. not perfect, but it works! the Japanese text is pretty neat and easy to read.( if you understand, of course). Now i gotta find a way to put melty blood final tuned on my psp...hey, i can dream right? just imagine being able to play MBR on your psp, and why not add wifi multiplayer?

hmm..*drool* well, dreaming gets me nowhere. anyone knows what kind of game engine it is? i'm sure there's a way...

Unread post by Message » March 31st, 2007, 8:28 pm

MB has its own engine. If it had been anything in wider use or, heaven forbids, open-source, TheXev, ArchDemon and co wouldn't have had such a horrible time getting for example subtitled video to work on it...

Anyway, if ONS F/sn is really supposed to skip the scenes with incompatible content... Then it is a REALLY bad implementation. That's not porting, that's deporting. >_____< Big, big shame on whoever is to blame for that. :-(

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » April 1st, 2007, 5:01 pm

yeah well, let me attempt something...i wonder if it would be possible to turn the fights into a video file...i think onscripter can handle mpeg files, no? may not be the best port, but i'll see if i have enough skill to do that. first step, get to the fight scenes on the pc version and make a video out of them. next, i think i'll need help.

Unread post by Message » April 1st, 2007, 6:42 pm

Hahaha, I dunno, that seems like kind of the long way around. Just play the bloody game on your laptop. :P

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » April 2nd, 2007, 3:50 am

laptop? i don't have one...will pocket pc do?

Unread post by Message » April 2nd, 2007, 4:40 am

Hmmm, that's an interesting question. I don't think so, but to be honest I'm not sure. zalas and tjm are more of the KRKR experts, I've only really played around with ONS myself.

fender78564
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by fender78564 » April 3rd, 2007, 10:11 pm

Yeah, well I got Tsukihime working a few days ago, it was actually pretty easy, like you said. I ran into some quality issues with the batch rescaling, but thats a pretty easy fix. I'd try F/SN, but sadly I am still learning Japanese.

Sparky
Addict

Unread post by Sparky » April 3rd, 2007, 11:08 pm

Just a something i noticed while reading... I thought in the fight scene between archer and berserker... that the original H-game didn't show or explain what happens, just tells you the end result, which would be why there is no fight scene shown, thus making it not the first fight scene.

Sorry for being ambigious, didn't want to throw a spoiler out there accidently, but I hope you catch my meaning.

Unread post by Message » April 4th, 2007, 2:12 pm

Err, wait, Berserker? I was thinking about Archer vs Lancer... orz