Tsukihime on PSP

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby sabata2 » December 20th, 2008, 11:11 pm

Okay disregard a majority of my complaint.

I found out a way to actually get to and view Arc's Good ending.

For those who are stuck it's kinda easy, though you won't get the "recognition" that you've beaten her endings.
First off, save your game BEFORE the epilogue starts. (Where doesn't matter much)
Complete the game.
Wait until you are asked to go to Ceil-Sensei's Lesson.
After you read the text about "Congradulations you got Arcieud True, yadda yadda..." Hit Triangle and reload your save.
From here you can access Arcieud Good.

If you want you can make this a new save so that you can have 1 for each ending, or just overwrite your old one to have both in one.

The only problems that remain is upon returning to the Start Menu is still frozen, so they won't enter into your Endings List.

I'm going to fiddle around more with possible placement of when Arc True is seen but as of this moment, you (the Dev) still have a freezing game after Arcieud True on a "fresh" file, and are practically forcing the player to get a Ceil ending to view/play any of the other ones.

I'll test getting the ending on a completed game to see if it's simply a "first time" problem.
I'll then also test, instead of reloading the current save, reloading a different one and saving it. (Possible reset of the start menu?)

I doubt either of those will be "fixes", but eh may as well try.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby sabata2 » January 3rd, 2009, 11:57 pm

*sigh* okay reinstate my complaints...

I've played through all 4 possible endings prior to completing the game for the first time (Including Arc Good... cause I just HAD to see it).

Each one resulted in a frozen game Title Screen after Ciel's lesson.

I tried every thing I could think of that might reset this "counter" that causes the game to freeze, and in the end corrupted my main game to be frozen on start up.

So, simply put, I hope you guys are atleast somewhat still working on this.
Because as of right now the PSP version only allows for Ceil Good, Ceil True, and Arcieud True endings. (Arc Good with some manipulation)

I haven't posted this in the bug thread because I figure that's for the PC version of the game and not the PSP one.
But seeing as I haven't seen response nor support in this thread I guess I have no choice but to bring it there.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Message » January 4th, 2009, 10:22 am

sabata2 wrote:But seeing as I haven't seen response nor support in this thread I guess I have no choice but to bring it there.

Of course you have a choice. We do not support the PSP builds, so keep the PSP discussion in the PSP thread thank you.

Unread postby Atvaark » January 11th, 2009, 7:34 pm

hmm. well for now the only solution i found was to bring up a complete save file from your pc version and slap it over the psp version. of course, depending on the ons on your psp, it probably won't work. however if you luck out, it will work. now i don't understand why the eclipse title screen still bugs out, but on some rare occasions it will keep working.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby sabata2 » January 12th, 2009, 2:24 am

By complete save file do you mean one that has everything or just one that has completed the game enough times to access each possible storyline?

Also, by ons do you mean some sort of flag inside the PSP's software or Tsukihime data?

And that "fix" won't work with me as I don't have access to a complete save.
A friend of mine has the game, the actual disk, and he said I should try it. But he didn't offer up his disk, so all I had access to was the PSP version.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Message » January 12th, 2009, 7:28 am

sabata2 wrote:A friend of mine has the game, the actual disk, and he said I should try it. But he didn't offer up his disk, so all I had access to was the PSP version.

Uhm... You still need to have the disc in order to install the PSP version. No warez talk, sabata2.

By the way, ons = ONScripter.

Unread postby sabata2 » January 12th, 2009, 4:56 pm

You'd be surprised what can be done with just the Disk's data, Message.

But I'm not here to try to get people to get the game illegally. (It's not like I'm telling people where to go to get it)
I'm just here to try to figure out how this can be fixed, seeing as the only ones willing to help are those who post in here.

Anyways, I'll take a look into the ONS stuff at the start of this topic and see what I can find out.

For all I know this may just happen on the Phat and not the Slim due to slightly different softwares.
THAT would majorly blow though...
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Atvaark » January 12th, 2009, 6:04 pm

the slim and phat psp behave the same towards tsukihime past firmware 5.00 tried both. i got the eclipse title screen to function correctly 6 times out of 10. i have no clue what is wrong though. maybe i should try it again with the latest script from mirror moon? i still use the version 1.0
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby sabata2 » January 12th, 2009, 7:31 pm

I just read/skimmed all of the topic.

How's that new ONS working for you?
I probably have an earlier version so that could be the problem.

I'm also working with a Phat 4.01 M33-2
I don't know where to look to find it's firmware though.

On a side note, I found that if you put the PSP into Sleep mode while playing, you'll eventually get a bus_err.
The only reason I could think that this would happen is if the PC version doesn't expect your computer to enter Hybernate mode while playing.

If you want to we might be able to collaborate via MSNIM
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby TonyFlakes » February 7th, 2009, 5:11 am

working very well in PSP SLIM!! but screen resolution 358x268 sux
i want to make this work in 480x272 >_< and font litle more bigger somebody help?

EDIT: i seem more high resolution game dot's work :( but finally i can play this in psp slim to bad for really little font :(

someone as fixed that?.
TonyFlakes
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 7th, 2009, 7:18 am

TonyFlakes wrote:someone as fixed that?.

Change the setwindow commands in 0.txt.

Unread postby TonyFlakes » February 8th, 2009, 4:02 am

Message wrote:
TonyFlakes wrote:someone as fixed that?.

Change the setwindow commands in 0.txt.

i really try but i'm really a dump and i also read insanidotorg for ons info, i try all lines but nothing change the event font size, only i can change the main font size and opening font size :(
maybe can you tell me the line?

and also for the savegame crash, here is mine work, perfectly with tsukihime port, without crash.
100% pure hack savegame, all routers and CG unlocked, for the people who want to play hisui and other pj routers =P but they have freeze main menu :) this work nice, 0 problem to me(for now)

check spoiler for link.

megauploaddotcom/?d=79HMAQW1
TonyFlakes
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Zeke » March 5th, 2009, 10:52 am

TonyFlakes, you rock. I can confirm that the files he just posted work like a charm. All scenes, all CGs, even the Easter eggs are available on the PSP with those files. In particular, I've been playing through Hisui's route, so the Far Side routes are definitely possible. [ETA: Not quite. See below.]

Before this, I was having the same problem as everyone else: I could watch Near Side endings, but they didn't register as "seen" and didn't unlock anything. Copying the Arc-complete files from my computer just gave me a frozen menu screen. I'd love to know how TonyFlakes fixed that. For the record, my PSP's a Slim, so I can't swear it works on the Phat, but there's no reason it shouldn't.

By the way, I second the request for instructions about increasing the text size. I'd like to try that, but I took a look at 0.txt and there are a million setwindow commands in there.
Zeke
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Zeke » March 20th, 2009, 3:07 am

I've afraid I have to amend that last post. No matter what I try, Kohaku's route will not work even with TonyFlakes' files. I went through Hisui's whole route and watched both endings, and they were already in the gallery anyway (as is Kohaku's). No go. Subbing in savefiles from my PC doesn't work either; if the PSP version detects a save from Kohaku's route, it reverts to freezing at the menu screen.

Since all choices are unlocked, I'm allowed to make the critical Kohaku choice on day one ("About the girl by the window") which isn't supposed to appear unless her route is available. And I can make all the other choices that build points with Kohaku. It just doesn't work -- I only get scenes from the Akiha and Hisui routes, and I'm locked into one of them soon enough.

Can somebody else with a PSP have a go at this?
Zeke
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TonyFlakes » March 24th, 2009, 5:42 am

Work fine for me :S i play Hisui-Akiha and Kohaku rutes with both endings (Kohaku only have 1) without problems

mmm :S

the Onscript Eboot you made it? (compile yourself)?
What version is?

o where you get it?
TonyFlakes
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Zeke » March 26th, 2009, 4:20 am

What version is?

I didn't make it, and I... um... don't know what version it is. From this, you can probably deduce where I got it. (The .rar came with Phat and Slim "editions", so it's at least that recent.) How can I check the version?
Zeke
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TonyFlakes » March 26th, 2009, 6:58 am

Zeke wrote:
What version is?

I didn't make it, and I... um... don't know what version it is. From this, you can probably deduce where I got it. (The .rar came with Phat and Slim "editions", so it's at least that recent.) How can I check the version?

Something like "Tsukihimepsp11a"? i think that onscripter versino is from 2005
compile someone version from 2008 that should work... In teory lol
TonyFlakes
Totally hardly posted

Re: Tsukihime on PSP

Unread postby Itachi61 » May 16th, 2009, 8:42 pm

Hello dear mirror moon users :)
Sorry to dig out a old thread but i got a few questions how to convert it, they may have been answered already but im quite dense so please bear with me...

1.What exactly do I have to extract? I know i need to extract the original arc.sar and the arc.nsa out of the translation folder and overwrite the original pics with the ones i extracted out of the arc.nsa right?

2.Do i need to resize and convert the ICONS (.bmp)?

3.How do i create an eboot that is able to run it on slim psp?

If a psp phat is required for something i also got a phat so that wont be a problem.

Thanks in advance :)
Itachi61
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atvaark » September 27th, 2009, 10:17 pm

oh man...i reformatted my computer and didn't save my work on the psp tsukihime files. and i changed my memory card to a 32gb one and forgot to reinstall the game before. now i don't remember everything i did to make it work before (partially...). sigh. i tried to re-follow my own instructions. and man, do i suck at explaining things. I'll start over from scratch i suppose. i owe the community at least this much.

also, using the last custom firmware available 5.00 m33-6, be aware that you still need the 1.5 kernel plugin to make the onscriptor for psp runnable.
I'm going to search the net of course for a more up to date ons that would work using the present kernel, since it would give access to the upper 32MB of ram available in the slim. sorry i can't do much. i can't compile a build to save my life...
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » October 14th, 2009, 1:57 am

Wont work on a 5.50 gen b fat psp. Dont know how to make this work. Probably have to downgrade to get this to work.
"Now Say, Fuzzy Pickles!"
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat