Tsukihime on PSP

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Atvaark » April 4th, 2007, 6:45 pm

eh...i didn't see the lancer fight either. maybe not having a berserker/archer fight was just a way to spare us from archer's wacky English?

sooo...i never even noticed psp version skipped lancer/archer...to be honest i forgot about lancer until i saw the front page...
gay bolg.
Last edited by Atvaark on April 7th, 2007, 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sparky » April 4th, 2007, 11:04 pm

Actually it was not there because the whole story is from Shirou's perspective, and since Shirou isn't present while the fight is going on, it isn't shown.

The fight between archer and lancer is extremely short though in comparison to most the other fight scenes, so you might have just passed it over thinking it wasn't a real fight scene =p. I would think the first true fight is the first one between saber and berserker, was that one shown?

Edit: trying my best not to need to ROT13 the whole thing since this is the tsukihime forum
Sparky
Addict

Unread postby Atvaark » April 5th, 2007, 11:43 pm

woohoo! first hang! nope. it crashes on me. then again, maybe it,s because i used a different onscripter than the one the site told me to...unfortunately, using the recommended ons for psp doesn't let me load up my old saves, so i'll have to start up from scratch. on a second note though, i find it weird that an older version of ons actually speeds up the game and lets me play it nearly at the same pace as the pc version...the version recommended is older than the one i was using previously. weird. gonna button mash my way back to the crash point. unfortunately, the port disabled the fast test feature.

hey message, you're the admin of how many forums???saw you on visual news while trying to check up on haeleth...think anyone over there would be skilled enough to port the latest ons (english) to psp?
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » April 7th, 2007, 8:21 am

Sure, there are a lot of tech-savvy otaku in the gemot. You're more than welcome to start a thread about it. :)

Unread postby Atvaark » April 7th, 2007, 4:27 pm

awesome. if someone manages to do that, I'm 100% sure i can get a perfect English tsukihime done in no time!
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » April 17th, 2007, 5:40 pm

well, enough about fate stay night, my Japanese skills are no match for any kind of info available to fix my troubles. so I'll just get back on topic and talk about English tsukihime on my psp.

well, i managed to play through arcueid's entire route without problems (yay) unfortunately, the game now hangs with the new title screen.Okay, hang is a big word, the music still plays, i can exit the game with the home button, but i can't choose any options anymore.no new game, no options, no nothing.
in other words, i screwed up it seems.

can't wait till someone replies to me on that other forum...theoretically, if i get someone to port the latest ons in English to the psp, you think your onscripter patch would be applicable to it?
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » April 17th, 2007, 9:29 pm

Atvaark wrote:can't wait till someone replies to me on that other forum...theoretically, if i get someone to port the latest ons in English to the psp, you think your onscripter patch would be applicable to it?

Probably not, it's based on a diff with the current insani builds. But you can probably find the new codelines in plaintext if you open it in a text editor. BTW, did you post in the gemot? Because I cannot see your post anywhere.

Unread postby Atvaark » April 18th, 2007, 6:11 am

i...i think i did...
let me check..
*opens new tab*
huh...either it didn't register, or dreamed it all...weird, i can't log in either...
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » April 18th, 2007, 6:13 am

Well, at least the user atvaark doesn't exist... But you can post without registering, if that helps.

Unread postby Atvaark » April 18th, 2007, 6:23 am

i did register a few seconds ago...argh. my current avatar is too large. damn, i really like it.time to make a new one. at least i can do that.
yeah. i guess last time i failed to register and posted as a guest i think. i dreamed it, that's the only explanation i can give.
*edit* posted it. asking first, can i link to this thread?and damn...i wanna learn how to compile stuff but i can't even get a guide anywhere that doesn't need me to know about 100 other things first. although i do find these books quite useful when i have trouble sleeping.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » April 18th, 2007, 4:57 pm

Atvaark wrote:asking first, can i link to this thread?

If you can name me one good reason why I would say 'no'... ?__?

Unread postby Atvaark » April 19th, 2007, 1:27 am

unwanted traffic? i dunno, it just seemed like a normal thing to do before doing so...done! now i just have to wait...
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shintis » November 24th, 2007, 12:00 am

Hi I’ve begun on this project (getting the translated version of Tsukihime onto a PSP). And I need some assistance. Overall I haven’t done some parts (like the batch image file conversion) But here’s what I’ve done

1. Downgraded my PSP to 1.5.
2. Installed onscripter on the PSP (did this with just drag on drop)
3. Made the following files for Onscripter

I have made a ?arc.nsa? with the combined files of mirror moon’s ?arc.sar? and ?arc.nsa?
I have track01-track10 (mp3 versions) in a folder named ?cd?
I have sounds (also mp3) SE_01-SE_15 in a folder named ?sound?
I have a txt file named ?0? which is the script from mirror moon’s nscript.dat

I also have a font file from mirror moon’s translation (I used a different one earlier)

Using these files I started onscripter on my PSP.
First I was actually given some music (I think it was track09). Using the earlier font file (not mirror moon’s) I was given just some character blocks (things you see when windows doesn’t recognize the text UNICODE) as if it was trying to give me the first prologue. Later I tried mirror moon’s font and it gave me periods instead (…..). I skipped all of this using the SQUARE button and it ended up giving me a error message.

The ?stderr.txt? file (which apparently finds the errors every time onscripter is activated) now gives me this
Code: Select all
can't open any of 0.txt or 00.txt or nscript.dat or nscript.___
 *** plugin jpgplgin.dll|jpg is not available, continuing ... ***
 *** plugin jpgplgin.dll|jpg is not available, continuing ... ***

What am I doing wrong?
Shintis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 24th, 2007, 7:55 am

Shintis wrote:I have a txt file named "0"
> can't open any of 0.txt or 00.txt or nscript.dat or nscript.___
What am I doing wrong?

Look closely. Possibly your file is named 0.txt.txt. To prevent this from happening, open explorer, click Tools->Folder Options->View and disable "Hide extensions for known file types".

Shintis wrote:I have sounds (also mp3) SE_01-SE_15 in a folder named "sound"

Bad idea, mp3 isn't loopable. Either use wav or use ogg for soundeffects.

Unread postby Shintis » November 24th, 2007, 3:24 pm

Message wrote:
Shintis wrote:I have a txt file named "0"
> can't open any of 0.txt or 00.txt or nscript.dat or nscript.___
What am I doing wrong?

Look closely. Possibly your file is named 0.txt.txt. To prevent this from happening, open explorer, click Tools->Folder Options->View and disable "Hide extensions for known file types".

Shintis wrote:I have sounds (also mp3) SE_01-SE_15 in a folder named "sound"

Bad idea, mp3 isn't loopable. Either use wav or use ogg for soundeffects.

No it's 0.txt. And my mistake the sound files were .wav files (is that ok?).
Shintis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 24th, 2007, 4:10 pm

Yes, wav files are the best for soundeffects. Not sure why it cannot open 0.txt... Correct folder? Try a random nscript.dat?

Unread postby Shintis » November 24th, 2007, 6:44 pm

Message wrote:Yes, wav files are the best for soundeffects. Not sure why it cannot open 0.txt... Correct folder? Try a random nscript.dat?

Yeah I'll try it again. I think I may have not used mirror moon's nscript.dat. But the original (Japanese) Tsukihime one.

EDIT: It was the wrong file. I now have Tsukihime working on my PSP

However I do need to resize the images (the display is very bad for the main screen). Text is a bit small

For some reason the game froze during the prologue. I'll try it again I think it only happens when I try the "skip to next choice function" for a while..
Shintis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 24th, 2007, 8:59 pm

You can increase the text size by changing the 'setwindow' commands. There are several of them, so look around before changing stuff. Also see the translated manual on insani.org for details.

Unread postby Shintis » November 30th, 2007, 8:47 pm

Message wrote:You can increase the text size by changing the 'setwindow' commands. There are several of them, so look around before changing stuff. Also see the translated manual on insani.org for details.

Thanks I wil try that.

I tried the game a bit more. The sound effects don't work (school bell ringing and such). I'll try recompiling the the sounds within the combined .sar/.nsa file.
While I'm doing that I'll convert the images aswell.

EDIT: I also appear to be having trouble remaking the combined .sar/.nsa file
Do you put the NSA files into the SAR files. Or vice versa.
Shintis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » December 1st, 2007, 8:25 am

It shouldn't matter, but since sar was deprecated a long time ago, I'd suggest using nsa. Make sure the directory structure inside the archive is correct, though.

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat