Tsukihime on PSP

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime on PSP - Heres what happens with me

Unread postby aetharr » December 10th, 2007, 1:52 am

So i stumble on this thread by accident and Jump in huzzah as i've been wanting Tsukihime on my PSP for ages...

So after reading loads, and tampering with my PSP loads. here is what i've found

1. I can get the original Tsukihime working on my PSP fine... from the brief time i looked at it there were no hitches except that i didnt have a japanese font in the game folder so all i saw was ..................................... dots... This is using the LATEST Japanese ONScripter for PSP
2. I can ALSO get the MirrorMoon English translation working a little bit, using the method described by Atvaark, I got it to work... kinda... after scaling down all the pictures and FINALLY finding an ONScripter that would run it without the stupid Parse Error thing that kept happening with the Japanese ONScripters, i got it to run, for a while, it first everything seems great, then you get to the menu and...
"Your PSP has just Crashed... blah blah blah" so that kinda sucks...

Now, Atvaark suggested that if somebody could port the Latest English ONScripter to PSP then he is sure he could get it working... So I dig around a teeny weeny bit and discovered this... http://dev.haeleth.net/onscripter.shtml now, I dont know how you go about porting something from one thing to another, i have no knowledge in that department at all... but i DID head somewhere that you needed Source Code or its a complete lost cause... So There i provide you with a link to source code...

Im afraid that is all that i could do, if anyone has a better idea or even a solution then i would be grateful to hear it as i really would like to be able to read Tsukihime in english on my way to college on the bus in a morning. :D

EDIT
Wait a second... this could be due to my own stupidity... gimmie a sec..

*EDIT
Oops... Forget it, its my own fault -slaps his head- i converted the PNGs into JPGs to save space and the ONScripter said "where is such and such.png" whoops... sorry guys...
aetharr
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Yu-chan » December 15th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Need alittle help, I got Tsukihime working for my psp. Runs properly and everything, but at one place the game just freezes and I get
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): St9bad_alloc

In the stderr.txt

Any suggestions?
Yu-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atvaark » January 7th, 2008, 8:22 pm

well...according to that crash info you've provided, it seems shiki contracted an std from

boning ciel in the arse

unfortunatly seems your problem is out of my league...i will have to get back on the psp tsukihime hype since i contributed to it, and since i now have a laptop, i can work in bed. huuray!

i appologize from the crude joke, but after seeing a doujin with tit boxing in this forum...well, it didn't seem so bad here.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Yu-chan » January 8th, 2008, 1:02 am

Hehe, well I froze where
Kohaku comes to pick you up from school and disappears.
Yu-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby LionheartD » February 26th, 2008, 9:26 am

So has anyone successfully played all of Tsukihime on their PSPs with no problems?

To install Tsukihime at all you need custom firmware right?
LionheartD
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby heidalloon » February 28th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Thanks. I'll try this out later.
heidalloon
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby RikkuHime » March 12th, 2008, 11:04 pm

I got a working version of Tsukihime on my psp. I downloaded it off a site. Unfortunately, since it is the full game I do believe that it is warez.
RikkuHime
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sekai » March 15th, 2008, 2:30 pm

I actually got Kagetsu Tohya to work on my PSP, yay!

The actual problem are the menu screens; they don't match up with the smaller images and feel a bit misaligned. However, the actual gameplay feels fine, except for the text and some sprites.

Also, it seems that not all saves work with it, such as loading from a certain event, even if you copy the gloval.save file to your ONS folder (which works differently with Tsukihime). Luckily, though, it remembers which routes I did and which I did not, so I can still continue where I left off.

I still prefer to play the game on my computer. But, this really is a good pastime if you're traveling without a laptop. :P
Sekai
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Unlimited_Blade_Works » May 8th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Well I tried setting the game up, but it doesn't load. I'm using 3.80 m33-5 CFW.

My folders look like this:

PSP game folder

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1761/tsukipspfg5.png

PSP ONS folder

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2267 ... sp2wz7.png

PSP ONS% only has a 191kb eboot file.

When I load the game, it displays an error. "The game could not be started." error number (8002014C)

I'm pretty sure I followed instructions but I'm still doing something wrong. I'd really appreciate if someone can help, thanks.
Unlimited_Blade_Works
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Sekai » May 11th, 2008, 3:35 pm

The folder structure looks correct, actually. But, the ONS emulator runs on 1.50 firmware, as you can see by the two folders and the "%." So, enter Recovery Mode by turning your PSP off; turn on the system again, and hold the R button. Then, check from the options if the GAME folder is either using the 3.80 kernel or the 1.50 kernel; if you have the former, change it to the latter and restart.

I hope this fixes the problem. ^_^

By the way, eboots (which is in the "%" folder of old homebrew software) are usually small, not exceeding 1 MB.
Sekai
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atvaark » May 11th, 2008, 6:19 pm

also very important tip. will not work on psp slim. even the time machine addon won't work. tsukihime and kagetsu tohya will only work on the phat psp.
we need someone to compile a newer Ons to newer firmwares. i asked Dark Alex himself if he knew someone in the psp community that could do it, and he forwarded my request to the Noobz people. that was 4 months ago. they didn't answer yet.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Unlimited_Blade_Works » May 13th, 2008, 3:56 am

I managed to run the game with the latest eloader, but its really laggy and character cg doesn't load well. The scene when I'm introduced to Akirihiko just blacks out and only text is displayed afterwards. I guess its because of my PSP slim.
Unlimited_Blade_Works
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Heckfy » July 27th, 2008, 1:17 am

Hey,guys. I got slim psp with 4.01 m33. Can you upload your ready versions of Tsukihime, cause it seems i am little dumb for all that things. Thnx anyway)
Heckfy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby CSXLoser » August 15th, 2008, 3:04 am

*beats arceuid true ending route*

yay....now the game freezes. I cant choose any options or accept anything. Only the music plays.

Then i tried putting in my global file (that has "eclipse") and the game freezes on the title screen when i start it up...

I will never be able to play akiha's route T___T
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby Uthred » October 8th, 2008, 2:27 am

Im not having much luck with this, I dont suppose someone who has it would working would mind posting a brief guide on how to get the english version working on the psp? Even the name of the tools or the procedure for unpacking and repacking the nsa and sar files would be a help. Thanks.
Uthred
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Unyu » October 31st, 2008, 3:06 am

Just in case anyone wants to know someone has compiled a newer onscripter to work with English text
i don't know if it works better i haven't tested it out just thought you guys would want to know

http://www.krade.com/ons/onscripter-20080824psp-en.zip
Unyu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atvaark » December 5th, 2008, 8:40 pm

Brilliant! I'll get to work on it right away!
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby BuggyBY » December 18th, 2008, 8:48 pm

So hi,
Probably a daft question, but could you tell me how the controls on PSP Tsukihime work? A friend sent me a compiled version a while ago. So far I've figured out that Circle seems to be the equivalent of the left mouse button on the PC, and an unnecessarily large amount of buttons makes the text fly by as fast as it can until the next choice, which is very hard to turn off again once activated. But the right mouse button equivalent, which brings up the all-important menu allowing me to load and save the game, is one I have only ever been able to hit by lucky accident. Google searches for "psp tsukihime controls", both with and without quotes have been largely fruitless. Could someone assist me here?
BuggyBY
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby BuggyBY » December 18th, 2008, 9:26 pm

Durr hurr, me smart. Finally figured out that Triangle is the RMB. Now I just need to figure out a sure-fire way to make the game stop autoskipping. The triangle button seems to be ineffective there.
BuggyBY
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sabata2 » December 19th, 2008, 11:25 pm

CSXLoser wrote:*beats arceuid true ending route*

yay....now the game freezes. I cant choose any options or accept anything. Only the music plays.

Then i tried putting in my global file (that has "eclipse") and the game freezes on the title screen when i start it up...

I will never be able to play akiha's route T___T

I know I'm kind of a newbie here and to the game, but I get the same problem.

Arceuid is the one I ended up with on my first run through, just playing as if I were in Shiki's shoes. And I am DEEPLY disappointed that I won't be able to get Arc's Good Ending.

Have you guys fixed this problem in a patch or version I don't have, or is there a way around it?

I don't mind that if I want to see the True Ending Epilogue I'd have to boot up a save. But not having access to an entire separate ending is extremely disheartening.

I know I can basically access everyone else's routes/endings by completing a Ceil route, but I'd still be missing the one I want to see and experience the most.

Now, being a computer science major I can understand most code.
My guess as to the problem is that something isn't being re-initialized upon completion of Arc True.
Assuming you simply made an overlay lay out with selectable icons, it could be that it's never replaced.

I don't really want to "try to help" much more than that because I don't know what modifications you all did to make the game compatible.
And since there is no easy-access Debugger in the PSP I can't really figure it out myself.

Common practice, and the best advice I can give at this point (which will more than likely be redundant) is, assuming atleast a Ceil ending works. Look at the code generated for the return to title for the working ending and compare it to the freezing one.
sabata2
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat