Tsukihime English bug reports (Read first post!) [v1.1]

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime English bug reports (Read first post!) [v1.1]

Unread postby Message » December 3rd, 2006, 12:21 pm

NOTE- Unfortunately version 1.1 breaks compatibility with older savegames. Please do not report crashes that occur after loading savegames from v1.0. Read the updated post on mirrormoon.org for more details.

NOTE- Please read the readme.txt file included with the Tsukihime English installer. You can also read it here.

Since they'll be coming eventually - Please put all your Tsukihime English bug reports in this thread. Before you post a report, make sure of the following:

NOTE- Please read the readme.txt file included with the Tsukihime English installer.

- You should have sufficient user priviledges to create and modify files in the directory where you installed Tsukihime English.
- You should have sufficient free space on the drive where you installed Tsukihime English.
- You should exit all other programs that may be using your soundcard, such as winamp or media player, before starting the game.
- If ONScripter randomly freezes, try removing your mp3 files from the CD directory and see if that helps. If the freezes stop, your mp3 files are corrupt and you will need to recreate them properly.

Describe the problem short and clearly and state if you can reproduce the problem and how. Also supply the following:
- Your operating system
- What edition of Tsukihime you are using (the Japanese one)
- The version of Tsukihime English
- Which edition of Tsukihime English you're using (Standard or Non-Ero)
- Your CPU, amount of memory and your motherboard's brand and chipset
- What version of video drivers you are using
- In the case of a crash or freeze, the contents of your stderr.txt

Current version: 1.1 [2006-12-03] Please only use the latest version of Tsukihime English.
Last edited by Message on May 10th, 2008, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsukihime disappearing act

Unread postby exo001 » December 12th, 2006, 5:39 am

Maybe I shouldn't mention it because it's so minor, but funny.

Using Tsukihime (standard) with 1.1 version of the translation (WinXP SP 2, Amd 64 3500+ and 1 gig of ram, but probably not really necessary). I am using the most current drivers for my geforce 6800 ultra (evga), but okay that's all probably unnecessary for this post. (Standard edition btw)

Hmm, how to explain. If you press F for fullscreen and then press the windows key, then go back to the game in fullscreen and then press f again to get it to go into windowed mode, on my system at least, the game does not appear on the screen again, unless you go back to fullscreen mode (by pressing f). Everything turns to normal when I restart the game.

Okay, this is more of an unusual trick of making the game disappear than a bug that really needs to be worried about, but I thought I should mention it....
exo001
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » December 12th, 2006, 6:51 am

This is a known bug in ONScripter. To get the window to re-appear, right-click its button on your taskbar, click move, then press one of your cursor keys on the keyboard. You can then move the mouse (don't click any button) to move the window back on your screen. Click leftbutton to exit moving mode.

Of course you could also just keep pressing the cursor keys to move the window, but the mouse is faster. This trick works for any window, by the way. After pressing a cursor key in moving mode, you can use the mouse to move the window even if the window's title bar is offscreen.

Unread postby cielsempai » January 12th, 2007, 1:09 am

Found yet another occurrance of the blue tint leaking over into scenes where it's not supposed to be...

In Akiha's route, if you save during the blackout at the mansion on day 10, before the branch point where you have to choose a room to look in, making a choice and then using the 'skip preread text' function causes the blue tint to stay "on" throughout the rest of the scene and into day 11 (in which both the background and the 'Day 11: Telescope' title text were blue), all the way up to the Akiha ero-scene (and possibly longer, but I didn't check past that scene).

It's easily avoided if you just click on the preferred room option, elect not to skip, and then use the 'proceed to next choice' function instead; everything returned to its proper color once I reached Akiha's room.

IIRC something like this was mentioned in the last bug thread, and it's an ONScripter issue and not a game bug. I just thought I'd mention it here before someone else had a heart attack over it :)
cielsempai
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » January 12th, 2007, 7:46 am

Thanks for the report, but there's no need to report other occurances - this will happen in EVERY case where the monocro command is used (to turn the screen red/blue/whatever-colored) and the user starts skipping scenes. As I said in the previous thread, using the skip previous scenes function in Tsukihime is handy, but dangerous. This is actually a Tsukihime bug, but it's entirely TYPE-MOONs fault. I've added the problem to the checklist for future releases, but I can't guarantee that we will fix this.

Unread postby chewyman » February 13th, 2007, 3:07 pm

- Windows XP
- I don't know
- v1.1
- standard
- I don't know, but I've got more than enough memory
- I don't know
- "Autodetect: insanity spirit detected!"

My English patch keeps freezing at the very beginning. I open the application and the window appears black and freezes. The window then says "(Not Responding)". The game worked with the original v1.0 patch until I restarted my computer, I then tried to play it again only to find that it did this freezing thing. So I uninstalled the patch and installed v1.1, the game still freezes. The game plays perfectly fine in Japanese. In v1.0 the 'insanity spirit' was not detected and in both versions the text document 'stdout' is empty. I haven't put any of the music files in yet. Please help me, I can't even get to the company logos!
chewyman
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 13th, 2007, 8:58 pm

I can't think of a direct solution to your problem, but I would suggest you first update your video drivers. We have found that it solves many random problems if you're using new drivers. Are you sure that v1.0 didn't have the insanity spirit line in stderr.txt? It should be there if you got the game to run.

(By the way, how can you not know whether you're using tsukihime or tsukibako?)

Unread postby chewyman » February 14th, 2007, 12:36 am

umm... what are my video drivers and how do I update them?

I'm not sure if it used to be there when the game actually worked, but when I started getting the freezing problem it definitely couldn't be detected. Note that so far it can be detected still in v1.1.

Oh, I misunderstood the question. I have tsukihime, I don't know what tsukibako is.)
chewyman
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 14th, 2007, 7:23 am

Video drivers are just software that act between Windows (software) and the video card in your pc (hardware). If you have an nVidia card (GeForce, etc) go to nvidia.com to download new drivers. If you have an ATI card (Radeon etc), go to ati.com. For both cases, select the required options and click 'Go'. After downloading, simply run the downloaded file and it will install the drivers.

Unread postby chewyman » February 14th, 2007, 1:15 pm

I have an ATi Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo video card. ATi don't offer video drivers for Dell notebooks so I went to the Dell website and got what I think was the latest video driver thingy. The game still doesn't work, and I've never had any trouble with my video driver/card before, the computer's only 2 years old after all.
chewyman
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » February 14th, 2007, 8:12 pm

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/mobility-xp.html

Try these first, they they fail to work...

Try Omega's driver, it will work for sure...

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby chewyman » February 15th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Alright, I uninstalled Tsukihime again. This time, I deleted the couple of files left over by the uninstall program and reinstalled the game from scratch. It was working, I reset my computer to see if the problem reoccurred and it didn't. So, the problem wasn't with my video drivers or anything like that, I don't know exactly what it was, but it all turned out for the best.

Thank you very much for trying to help!
chewyman
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 15th, 2007, 5:56 pm

Hmmm... Do you remember what files were left after uninstallation? If you select 'delete savegames', everything except perhaps the CD directory should have been deleted.

Unread postby Abob Lyndsae » April 14th, 2007, 10:36 pm

For some reason, when I set fullscreen mode, the screen is off-center. It's all the way to the left, with the very beginning of the image and text cut off.

This is Tsukibako, patch 1.1, non-ero. I'm running this on Windows XP, with my video drivers updated.
Abob Lyndsae
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » April 15th, 2007, 1:58 am

Abob Lyndsae wrote:For some reason, when I set fullscreen mode, the screen is off-center. It's all the way to the left, with the very beginning of the image and text cut off.

This is Tsukibako, patch 1.1, non-ero. I'm running this on Windows XP, with my video drivers updated.

If you are using any monitor (LCD or CRT) using a VGA connector, you need to adjust the screen to fit again. With an LCD monitor, this is as simple as running its auto adjust feature.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » April 15th, 2007, 6:02 am

Another possible cause for this problem is that you're using two screens. I've heard reports about this before, but I don't know enough details to pass it on to insani for future bugsquashing. So if you're using dual screen functionality, switch to a single monitor before starting the game. That should solve your problem.

Unread postby Abob Lyndsae » April 15th, 2007, 5:55 pm

TheXev wrote:
Abob Lyndsae wrote:For some reason, when I set fullscreen mode, the screen is off-center. It's all the way to the left, with the very beginning of the image and text cut off.

If you are using any monitor (LCD or CRT) using a VGA connector, you need to adjust the screen to fit again. With an LCD monitor, this is as simple as running its auto adjust feature.

This is a normal 17 inch CRT monitor.

So I have to readjust the screen everytime I play, and change it back when I'm done? That's a bit silly.
Abob Lyndsae
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 15th, 2007, 7:01 pm

Abob Lyndsae wrote:This is a normal 17 inch CRT monitor.

So I have to readjust the screen everytime I play, and change it back when I'm done? That's a bit silly.

No, what TheXev was talking about is your CRTs settings for that particular resolution being off. Go to fullscreen and set your image to proper size and position, your monitor will remember these settings for the next time you enter that resolution. For the record, said resolution is 640x480x32, and I *think* that ONS copies the refresh rate of your normal Windows resolution, but it could also be that it uses your driver's default for that resolution, or just goes straight to 60Hz.

In any case, the above of course only applies if your CRT settings are the cause of the problem. If you cannot fix it with the monitor's image setup then the problem lies elsewhere.

Unread postby Abob Lyndsae » April 15th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Message wrote:
Abob Lyndsae wrote:This is a normal 17 inch CRT monitor.

No, what TheXev was talking about is your CRTs settings for that particular resolution being off. Go to fullscreen and set your image to proper size and position, your monitor will remember these settings for the next time you enter that resolution. For the record, said resolution is 640x480x32, and I *think* that ONS copies the refresh rate of your normal Windows resolution, but it could also be that it uses your driver's default for that resolution, or just goes straight to 60Hz.

That worked. Who knew monitors had separate settings for different resolutions! Fascinating things they're doing with technology nowadays. :roll:
Abob Lyndsae
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby kensain » October 22nd, 2007, 8:41 am

- Windows 2007
- Tsukibako
- Standard
- More than decent CPU, no memory problems e.t.c.
- No idea. Instinct says it's the game data though.

Whenever I play the game, I only have text, with no backround or characters. Everything after the menu is just a black screen with white text.

eg.

I have tried playing the game in japanese; no problems (except that it's in japanese :wink: ) so it's not a scratch on the disc or anything.
I have tried reinstalling, more than once.
Interesting to note, although I'm not sure it's relevent is that my stderr.txt is filled with reports that the images can't be found.
Last edited by kensain on October 22nd, 2007, 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
kensain
Addict

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat