Tsukihime Typo/Grammar mistake Report [v1.1]

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Phlebas » February 29th, 2008, 9:39 pm

Couldn't find this reported.

Arcueid route, day 6, after she kills one the Dead; Shiki thinks to himself:

- Just
Without reason, without even recognition, if someone close to me died liked that, how would I act?

-> Liked should be like.

(a bit odd actually seeing another bit of the same sentences was reported (and fixed?) earlier, but I should have the current patch - might have been accidentally changed while fixing the phrase?)

Another one I found:
Arcueid route, Day 9 morning, Shiki thinks to himself:

-Well then.
I'm still feeling a little sluggish, but it's not too bad to skip school. I'm sure after I eat the breakfast Kohaku-san prepared, I'll feel a lot better.

-> "too bad to skip school" should rather be "bad enough to skip school" (or possibly "bad enough to warrant skipping school"), as his intention is indeed not to skip school today ("not too bad to skip school" would either mean he intends to skip school and doesn't consider it a bad thing, or that he intends to skip school because he's not feeling too ill - as if he'd only refrain from skipping school in case of feeling really bad).

[Edit: almost identical passage on day 10 says "I'm still feeling a little sluggish, but it's not so bad that I have to skip school. I'm sure after I eat the breakfast Kohaku-san prepared, I'll feel a lot better. ]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » April 8th, 2008, 8:49 am

Mazyrian wrote:Akiha's route:

Just before the party, when you go to Akiha's room:
"I open the door.
Akiha's room is at the very end of the west wing, a good fifty meters from my room at the end of the east wing."
(In the rest of the game, and when you have the four room choices (just before meeting SHIKI), Akiha's room is at the end of the east wing)

It's an error in the original Japanese.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat