Tsukihime Manga or VN?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime Manga or VN?

Unread postby Tsubomi » September 9th, 2011, 7:52 pm

I finished manga few days ago and i found it really great. while i finished anime about 2 years ago and i thought it was mediocre level at the best.

What i want to ask is, if manga did justice with VN? and adapted story pretty well? please tell me if anyone have read both.. normally i really like to read manga instead of reading walls of text in novel as i'm not very good with that. But i'm already reading fate/stay night VN because i heard that VN is lot better than anime adaptation. so i wonder if it's the same case with Tsukihime manga and VN.

Also i just finished 3 volumes of melty blood manga. after reading tsukihime, everyone seems totally out of character, i would have definitely go with VN for this if there was one. bad luck.
Tsubomi
Totally hardly posted

Re: Tsukihime Manga or VN?

Unread postby goforit1 » September 14th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Melty Blood manga is definitely not as serious as Tsukihime proper.

But I just recently reread the Tsukihime manga, and I can tell you that it is fairly faithful to the first arc of the VN. It brought back a lot of memories for me from my play time. More so than the anime for sure. The anime was pretty generic.

Keep in mind that it isn't even as long as the 1st arc of Tsukihime really (since when you play the game you get a lot more conversaion and dead end play), and there are FIVE arcs to play through in the VN. They're all AWESOME though (except Ciel's... I honestly skipped hers I dislike her so much), and WELL WORTH playing through.

So Manga >> Anime. But VN >> Manga (yes, even more).
goforit1
Addict

Unread postby pureauthor » September 15th, 2011, 4:48 pm

The Manga is easily the best version of the Arcueid route by a very large margin.

Unfortunately, it doesn't cover much of the Far Side route of the VN (a little of Akiha's, but that's it), so you're missing half of the overall content, and it's generally considered very good content too.

So yeah, Manga is awesome, VN has exclusive awesome content too.
pureauthor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » September 21st, 2011, 5:58 am

To me, it's as simple as this:
VN > Manga

Anime?
What anime?
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby kahrkunne » February 7th, 2015, 9:37 pm

*insert le epic tsukihime anime meme here*
kahrkunne
Totally hardly posted

Return to Tsukihime Chat