Tsukihime Test Play Version

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime Test Play Version

Unread postby sifadil » May 14th, 2011, 6:09 pm

Hello
I read tsukihime a long time ago, but I didn’t find where to buy tsukihime plus disc and recently a friend give it to me as a gift. Thus I create this topic so that someone explains to me somethings I didn’t understand.

In tsukihime geccha1 they mentioned that the heroines ending had been rewritten several times and there is a version of this game called “Tsukihime Test Play Version” (only 10 copies exist) where the endings of the heroines are totally different and I read “the ending of akiha in the test play version is really valuable now.” and "the world of adults shows its dirty side".
I don’t understand anything about this test version and about this “valuable” ending of akiha.
So can anybody, who have this test version or know something about it, tell me how the game ends for each heroine in this test version?
I searched in the net but I can not find anything about this version.

:D I’m just so curious since I’m a big fan of tsukihime .
I’m Sorry about my bad English.
Thanks and sorry for the annoyance.
sifadil
Totally hardly posted

Re: Tsukihime Test Play Version

Unread postby Message » May 15th, 2011, 5:35 am

If such a thing even exists, I'm pretty sure it would have been an internal release thing. Like an alpha build. Not that I wouldn't be happy to be proven wrong here, though...

Unread postby sifadil » May 15th, 2011, 10:06 am

Thanks for the reply.
I'm sure it exists since it’s mentioned in the plus disc and I don’t think that it’s an internal release because they don’t have to say to the world that the people who own this version should uninstall it. If I were them I would only speak to the concerned persons directly.
Maybe the person, from the translation team who translate this part, can explain this to us?
sifadil
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » May 15th, 2011, 12:59 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that should be considered a joke. TYPE-MOON is just teasing the fans with 'what could have been'. They're suggesting that the old Akiha ending explained something important about Shiki, but seeing as Nasu decided to cut it out it couldn't be considered canon anyway.

Unread postby sifadil » May 15th, 2011, 1:51 pm

So you are saying that the test version had never existed it's just a joke.
Maybe it's the truth and that explains why I can’t find anything about this version even in some Japanese forum.thank you
sifadil
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » May 15th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Oh it may have existed, but I really doubt they were ever public. Any game project has alpha versions. I can imagine a beginning doujin group to have some very interesting 'rough cuts' for their first game(s). I just don't see them ever becoming public, unless one of the founders suddenly decides to betray the company.

Unread postby sifadil » May 15th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Ok thanks for the informations.
sifadil
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby coco19 » May 16th, 2011, 2:44 pm

This topic is so interesting that I find myself forced to register here. :D
When I read in the “plus+disc” about the test version I was always thinking that this version supposed to be the final release and from what I understood it contains all heroines’ routes unlike the half-moon edition with only "near side moon" route, I was even thinking that the test version contains also an unfinished route of satsuki and since it’s not a commercial release maybe the ero-scenes are uncensored too. (If those Suppositions are true then I will be the happiest man in the world if I get this version).
But something may have happened in the past that make type-moon change the endings and make this version just a test play version.
When I discussed about this with a friend he told me that the probable reason of the change is the decision to make a sequel: in consequence the endings are edited so that they can make a sequel later, like in the case of akiha true end(she had a sequel in kagetsu-tohya).
Maybe we can find more details if someone search with Google using the original Japanese expression that means “tsukihime test play version”, sorry but I don’t speak Japanese. :D
I wish they add this version as a bonus in the tsukihime remake.
i don't understand too what they mean by “the ending of akiha in the test play version is really valuable now.” and "the world of adults shows its dirty side".
coco19
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sifadil » May 17th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Like Message said it may be just a "rough cuts" and since there is just 10 copies or probably less (they asked everybody, who have the test version, to destroy the cd).that's only mean that this version isn't commercialized and some copies were leaked out of the doujin group.
Some uncensored ero-scenes and an unfinished satsuki's route may exist in this version, but adding the test version as a bonus in the next remake of tsukihime is highly unlikely. By the way it’s been a long time since we heard any news about the remake; you know this isn’t good.
sifadil
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 17th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Well if you put it that way they also managed the cut out the Sacchin Route as well. I mean only one person kind of knows how the story should of played out though, but it seems it was to much for anyone to handle. I mean to see a stalker-girl manage to obtain her target seems to be wonderful yet kind of creepy at the same time. So, isn't it sad Sacchin that they took out your route because of verious of reasons.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Tsukihime Chat