Flow chart questions

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Flow chart questions

Unread postby Question » November 11th, 2006, 4:36 am

According to the flow chart for akiha's route, if you choose not to party it will increase flag H. However i cant seem to find out what exactly flag H does....its never mentioned anywhere else in the route.

Also, in the akiha route you will get flag O = 1 if you choose "Stay here" and "go back to sleep", missing out on the detached house for both scences. In scence 358 if you stayed in your room AND went back to sleep, you will reach a bad end.

The interesting thing is why scence 361 also has the same condition where you will reach a bad end Its interesting because it is impossible to get to scence 361, because if you fulfill the condition of reaching scence 361 you would have died off in scence 358 already. What is the purpose of the flag O check here then?
Question
Crack Addic!

Re: Flow chart questions

Unread postby Message » November 11th, 2006, 9:54 am

Question wrote:According to the flow chart for akiha's route, if you choose not to party it will increase flag H. However i cant seem to find out what exactly flag H does....its never mentioned anywhere else in the route.

Indeed, flgH doesn't do anything in the game. I'll remove it to prevent further confusion.

Question wrote:Also, in the akiha route you will get flag O = 1 if you choose "Stay here" and "go back to sleep", missing out on the detached house for both scences. In scence 358 if you stayed in your room AND went back to sleep, you will reach a bad end.

The interesting thing is why scence 361 also has the same condition where you will reach a bad end Its interesting because it is impossible to get to scence 361, because if you fulfill the condition of reaching scence 361 you would have died off in scence 358 already. What is the purpose of the flag O check here then?

This is a remnant of a gameflow option that was removed from the game at some point. f415 leads to f361, but there is no flowheader that leads to f415. I assume f415 was originally part of a branch that led around f358, thus skipping the first if flgO>=1 rule. I already removed f415 from the flowchart, I will do the same for the second if flgO rule.

Thanks for your reports. ^_^

Unread postby Question » November 12th, 2006, 2:26 pm

In the arcueid route, after f136, it seems that there are no longer any conditions checking how much arcueid likes you. But theres a whole ton of events that increase/decrease how much arcueid like you. Am i right in that it just doesnt matter after this point how much arcueid likes you as it doesnt affect anything?

Also i just noticed....in the akiha route it says that if you choose to kill yourself you get akiha's true ending, while if you dont kill yourself you get akiha's good ending. But akiha only has a true and normal ending, and IIRC the normal ending is the one where you choose not to kill yourself and instead let akiha live as a unthinking monster.......
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » November 12th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Question wrote:In the arcueid route, after f136, it seems that there are no longer any conditions checking how much arcueid likes you.

Indeed, the only two locations where the value of ark_regard is checked are f90 and f136. The variable manipulations after s136 were originally used to force the player to get the Arcueid Good End if their ark_regard was 16 or higher. This line was commented out at some point, apparently they decided that getting the true end first was a must after all.

Question wrote:[...]if you choose to kill yourself you get akiha's true ending, while if you dont kill yourself you get akiha's good ending. But akiha only has a true and normal ending[...]

It doesn't really say you get the good ending, it just says that the clear_akiha_good integer is incremented. ^__^ This name was probably chosen to prevent confusion during programming.

Unread postby Question » November 13th, 2006, 1:52 am

Btw at the end of akiha's orute if you chosoe not to go after her you get a weird, fake normal ending that makes no sense. What is the actual scence you are supposed to get? It feels like TYPE-MOON made a mistake and linked "dont go after akiha" to the normal akiha ending instead of another scence.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » November 13th, 2006, 10:36 am

I don't think there is a normal scene for that spot. I can't say I've actively searched for it, but I haven't encountered anything that points to something that should've been there. Perhaps we should edit Ciel-sensei's lesson to prevent confusion...

Unread postby Prime234 » November 14th, 2006, 12:39 am

This is a total newbie question, but where on Earth is this flow chart? If there's a link or something you can post I would appreciate it. I've already tried searching for it and since search engines hate me, I couldn't find it.
Prime234
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Question » November 14th, 2006, 2:32 am

Run the installer again, and expand the "Extras" checkbox.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby o » November 19th, 2006, 9:22 am

Question wrote:Btw at the end of akiha's orute if you chosoe not to go after her you get a weird, fake normal ending that makes no sense. What is the actual scence you are supposed to get? It feels like TYPE-MOON made a mistake and linked "dont go after akiha" to the normal akiha ending instead of another scence.

In other words, s509/s539 is the normal ending ("Distant Reed Warbler"), though stored separately from s384/s542, since I don't remember being able to skip it. But according to the flowchart, it doesn't actually increment clear_akiha_good - is this an error in the flowchart or the game?

By the way, the flowchart was a nice touch. Thank you for including it.
o
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby o » November 19th, 2006, 9:29 am

OK, I just saw that mentioned in the bug thread as a bug in the game. It might be useful both to note this in the flowchart and to add something to Ciel's lesson, like "unfortunately the game does not recognize that you got the normal ending, so please go back and get it another way". Or would it be possible to fix this bug and make s509 increment clear_akiha_good, or even make choice 2 of s380 point to s385 (assuming all the text is exactly the same)?
o
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 19th, 2006, 11:18 am

We have not yet decided what to do with this, but there will at least be some footnote in the next version. I'll update the flowchart as required.

Return to Tsukihime Chat