Tsukihime Story Discussion - MASSIVE SPOILERS

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime Story Discussion - MASSIVE SPOILERS

Unread postby Message » November 9th, 2006, 11:33 am

Warning: This thread WILL contain spoilers, including endings. Only read it if you've played the entire game.

Please use this thread to discuss the story in Tsukihime in all its detail. There's no need to include spoiler warnings, as this thread should only be used by people who've finished all endings of Tsukihime already.

Warning: Do NOT post spoilers for other games!

Discussion starts here:

Unread postby Henduluin » November 9th, 2006, 11:42 am

I'll start with a question then.

Akiha's True ending:
After Akiha finds the knife, she says she still faintly feels Shiki being alive. Shiki's corpse wasn't mentioned either. So, is Akiha just fooling herself and did Shiki just disappear into nothingness or did he really somehow survive?
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 9th, 2006, 12:01 pm

Leave it to the first reply to ask the EXACT question I wanted to prevent from being answered by saying "Do NOT post spoilers for other games". :shock:

So no, I can't answer that question as it would spoil a certain other game. Pm me or ask in the channel if you really want to know the answer.

Unread postby Henduluin » November 9th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Haha, sorry. I had no idea, guess it's explained in Kagetsu Tohya then? Oh well, I'll just wait another 2 years for that translation to pop up :p (Just to make sure: No, that was not a complaint)
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby raidragon » November 12th, 2006, 7:14 am

lol, at least i able to finish this game.......(damn, i ruined my math test...)
only one question.....in Ciel's good ending, what's really happen?is Shiki go out with Arcueid or stick together with Ciel?(since Ciel is the char i hate most in Tsukihime, i really hope he go out with Arcueid at least....well, i must repeat Ciel's story 3 times since somehow it turned out into Arcueid's ending^^)
raidragon
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » November 12th, 2006, 8:40 am

raidragon wrote:(since Ciel is the char i hate most in Tsukihime[...])

Doesn't matter, you won't get her either way. >___<

I'd say it's a 50-50 scenario. HAREM END! :-D

Unread postby Question » November 12th, 2006, 8:56 am

Ciel's good ending has shiki with ciel, but arcueid is trying to seduce him.

In akiha's route, was kohaku plotting anything? It doesnt seem like it. The only time that kohaku seems to be doing something is when the lights in the mansion are off, hisui is drugged in kohaku's room, but kohaku is missing, although she later claims that she and hisui were both drugged.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » November 12th, 2006, 9:52 am

Kohaku was drugging everyone all the time. I've been told that those poisonous herbs she grows in the backyard were used to give Shiki his nightmares, but somehow that just doesn't make sense. She knows he's not a Tohno, so she can't be trying to inverse him. And she most certainly shouldn't know anything about Roa. So... What was she trying to accomplish by making Shiki lose his mind?

Unread postby Question » November 12th, 2006, 2:25 pm

I thought in the hisui/kohaku routes kohaku was trying to set up a situation where all the tohnso would get wiped out? Im just not sure what she was trying to do in the akiha route....maybe its like the arcueid/ciel routes and she just wasnt trying to do anything?

It also makes me wonder what arcueid was doing the entire time while roa/shiki was running loose in akiha, hisui and kohaku's routes.

Oh yes, how was the nanaya family wiped out? An entire family of elite killers with special abilities......it seems makahisa was the one who did it, but how? He should have gotten slaughtered. The nanayas were made to hunt inhuman creatures after all.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » November 12th, 2006, 7:08 pm

I think Kohaku's intentions are the same for all three back routes, and if you blame Shiki's madness on her, she must have been doing the same thing in the front routes as well.

As for Makihisa's abilities, they may very well have been greater than several Nanaya's combined. Nanaya's are human, after all. All they have going for them is an innate doctrine that makes them instinctively attack and destroy inhumans, and an almost supernatural training focussing on their abilities to do just that.
Look at Shiki's fight with Ciel, for example. Shiki is simply no match for her even though he is in Nanaya mode most of the time. And in Shiki's fight with Reversed Akiha, the thing that made him win was not his Nanaya blood, but his eyes of death perception. If Akiha had known about that, I'm sure she'd have taken more care to not let him get close and she'd have killed him without any effort at all.

Unread postby MetalGravy » November 12th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Wasn't sure how big of a spoiler this is, so I didn't know if it was a good idea to post this in the "Bug" thread: Is the game supposed to show every possible ending in the Ending list? For example, I just got the ending where Shiki gets eaten by Nero's dogs (after he leaves Arcueid in the hotel room).
Is that supposed to be registered, or are only the "interesting" endings registered and this is considered more along the lines of falling into a bottomless pit in Super Mario Bros.?
MetalGravy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Henduluin » November 12th, 2006, 8:16 pm

All the "dead" ends (in other words, all the countless endings in which shiki dies one way or the other) do not register. Only the "true" endings register.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 12th, 2006, 8:37 pm

"true", "good" and "normal", to be precise. All other endings are considered 'dead ends', including the one in the Akiha route that is for some reason called the 'Akiha True Ending', which it really isn't. Confusing? Blame TYPE-MOON.

Unread postby Henduluin » November 12th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Message wrote:I can both interpret that as 'it was good' and as 'it was bad'. Care to elaborate?

Both really. I really wanted to read all of Kohaku's story, but the whole "This is delicious mad Akiha, you must kill her" thing made me cry. Especially since Nasu was evil enough to make Akiha all moe at first. *shakes fist at Nasu*

Which reminds me, when Hisui apologized to her sister during her ero scene, my heart broke. (just like when Kohaku cut her finger and just tells Shiki "I'm a doll, so I can't feel pain) I'm such a softy, I shouldn't be reading these kind of stories :(
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 12th, 2006, 9:09 pm

Henduluin wrote:Which reminds me, when Hisui apologized to her sister during her ero scene, my heart broke.

UGH... To think I almost deleted that part in non-ero by accident. :? *shudders* Thanks for the save, cyan!

Unread postby MetalGravy » November 13th, 2006, 2:17 am

I see. So dying doesn't count. Thanks for clarifying. :)
MetalGravy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Hyperbeast » November 13th, 2006, 2:26 am

I can both interpret that as 'it was good' and as 'it was bad'. Care to elaborate?

Well as for the part I yelled at the screen at, that would be where Akiha "killed" Kohaku in the school, and regardless of the things Kohaku had done, I really didn't want her to die.
I ended up feeling the most sympathetic to Kohaku of all the characters so far *still haven't done Ciel yet* because of how she is. Her being like a doll and not being happy just made me wish more and more that she would have a happy ending to make up for everything, so when that part came around... I was upset, to say the least.

Well.. Thank god the real ending was adequately happy, although a little strange. I don't think it'd be that easy to make up with someone who tried to kill you >.>

And for Question's question *ha ha ha* I think we're to assume that in the Tohno routes Arcueid simply wasn't going after SHIKI. I thought we could assume that she didn't even awaken, but you do see her in one *Hisui's I think* route at one point, so she can't be. So I'm going with her just either not taking action or not being able to find him or something.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby raidragon » November 13th, 2006, 7:06 am

lol, so is Kohaku the best char in Tsukihime???well, i prefer Hisui a little bit(maybe because her personality a little bit like Saber?^^) but Kohaku also cute...and i almost cried when Shiki tells story about his childhood to Kohaku.....imagine how when person that u love most forgot your identity and mistook you for someone else.....too painful........

But for me, the best H-scene is with Hisui(so nice^^)......but about the ending.......the best should be Kohaku's ending.....at least she can sent out her true smile^^

and one question.....is the epilogue means that Shiki's death is near?
raidragon
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Question » November 13th, 2006, 2:55 pm

It seems to me like Roa was hiding in the school in all routes......sounds like the basement. It seems odd that ciel that was there for much of the day couldnt sense his prescence. Hmm.

Also arcueid in the far side of the moon routes should have been looking for Roa as well, no matter what happens. Come to think of it ciel doesnt do anything in the hisui/kohaku arc either, wonder what she was doing the whole time.

The epilogue simply means that Shiki wont live as long as a normal person because of the strain his eyes is putting on his body.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » November 14th, 2006, 9:44 am

Well then, after the "Eclipse" chapter... I'm really confused about Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood now. Along with Tsukihime too, though. Cause like... If he's supposed to die earlier than a normal person, how the crap does he manage to survive constantly being stabbed/eaten/burned/killed/hitwitheverythingbutthekitchensink and still be alive? >.>
But then, not allowed to answer questions about those games here, so...
Looks like I'll be waiting for Melty Blood and Kagetsu Tohya's translations now.

Ah, question that can be answered, in Ciel's good ending, what exactly did Arcueid's blood do to Shiki to let enable him to kill Roa? I read it twice and I still can't figure it out. -.-

Oh and as Message said...
Hurrah! Semi-harem end!
Spoiler: Members of ZyX wrote that epilogue before making their own games =P
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat