Tsukihime Story Discussion - no real spoilers

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime Story Discussion - no real spoilers

Unread postby Hyperbeast » November 9th, 2006, 9:14 am

Warning: Do not use this thread to discuss the endings of Tsukihime, or other important issues that could spoil other people's gameplay. Talking about general things is ok.

Warning: Note that although there will be no discussion of endings, this thread WILL contain minor spoilers to some degree, especially if you haven't played the game yet. Read at your own risk.

Well you can probably see that we have alot of threads asking about stuff, as I've noticed, but now that the patch is out, why not just a thread to discuss the game in general? The story, what character you like best, how you'd compare it to other games of it's genre, etc...

So far I've finished both of Arcueid and Hisui's routes, but I'm definately going to go through both of them again to see what happens with other options.

Right now, regardless of how many spoilers I read after first watching the anime and desiring to know more, the game has still turned out to be far better than I had hoped for, and seeing as I still have Ciel, Akiha and Kohaku to go, I don't think it's about to do anything other than get better.

So, what do you guys think of the game so far?
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Henduluin » November 9th, 2006, 9:41 am

So far, I think the game is too sad. Completed Arc's and Akiha's route, and no happy endings yet :( Granted, they didn't affect me as much as some of Ever 17's endings (probably because I got spoiled to hell and back on Tsukihime), but still. Damnit Nasu, was it really that hard to put in at least one happy end for Akiha? ;__;

I also LOVE the "Teach me Ciel-senpai" bits. No idea why, but it cracks me up. Also shows how much I suck at the game, as I died at least half a dozen times in Arc's route, I guess I'm too much of a softy.

Anyway, loving the game so far, can't wait to read the other 3 storylines. I just hope they're a bit happier than the two I've done so far, but from what I've read, I have the feeling that's not going to happen...

Oh yes, btw: That dream familiar Arc sends you after the fight with Nero, was that Ren? I thought she only showed up in Kagetsu Tohya?
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TakaJun » November 10th, 2006, 9:49 am

No happy ending? Have you played through the routes again?
Most characters have 2 endings. LIke this normal one and a happy end one.
It should change with this one small selection at the end of each route. (load from like the final day or before to find out)
You should see Ciel happy end. It's really love-comedy.

And yes, the dream scene is Ren. Her graphic is not shown though.... (TT)
TakaJun

Unread postby Henduluin » November 10th, 2006, 10:42 am

Yeah, I missed arc's last choice for some reason. I just reloaded an old save and went from there.
As for Ciel, she doesn't interest me, I'll save her for last :P
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 10th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Henduluin wrote:Yeah, I missed arc's last choice for some reason.

In the Arcueid and Hisui routes you are forced to play the True Ending before you can choose to go the the Good Ending. This also becomes clear if you look at the flowchart. As for Ren, she isn't even named yet in Tsukihime so one could argue that at this point it's just a nameless succubus.

Arcueid's endings really didn't impress me, probably because the anime spoiled her route so badly. Then again, it's been so long since I've played the game that I don't really know what happened anymore. ;_;

Unread postby Crest » November 12th, 2006, 2:10 am

Whats odd is I seem to think that the Ciel Route's true ending is happier than the happy ending o.O Of course.. [removed by Message]
Crest
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 12th, 2006, 8:27 am

I do seem to recall saying that you should not post any ending details in this thread.

I'm wondering how people new to the game feel about Satsuki. Love or hate?

Unread postby Question » November 12th, 2006, 9:05 am

Love, but too short. She should have made a larger impact in the story. As it is she felt like a foot note.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » November 12th, 2006, 10:56 am

I think I'm with the "I don't know" choice with Satsuki.
On one hand, she's fairly innocent, and it's not like you want her to die or anything, but what she tries to do to Shiki isn't exactly favourable.
I would like her better if she wasn't trying to make Shiki her slave over a more favourable option.

Unrelated, I finished Kohaku's story earlier, and well... I don't think I've ever audibly yelled out "NO!" to a scene in a game before >.>
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Blue Gunner » November 12th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Satsuki was in the game?? (kidding) I think I've seen her about twice in total, and I've done both endings for Ciel and Arc. Um, kinda non-existent, I find it interesting that such a minor character has such a large fanbase, considering how little there seems to be of her.
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby Hyperbeast » November 12th, 2006, 3:04 pm

Blue Gunner wrote:Satsuki was in the game?? (kidding) I think I've seen her about twice in total, and I've done both endings for Ciel and Arc. Um, kinda non-existent, I find it interesting that such a minor character has such a large fanbase, considering how little there seems to be of her.

Well in Hisui and Kohaku's routes she plays a much bigger role, and a bigger yet one in Akiha's route, at least screentime wise.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Henduluin » November 12th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Sacchin needed her own route, poor girl. :(

Unrelated, I finished Kohaku's story earlier, and well... I don't think I've ever audibly yelled out "NO!" to a scene in a game before >.>

Rest assured, you're not alone <.<
Also, when you take Ciel-sensei's lesson after completing Kohaku's route, she says something about Shiki's story not being finished. What's that all about?
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Question » November 12th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Didnt you notice? Go back to the title screen. If its not there then that means you didnt do the routes in the correct order :P
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Henduluin » November 12th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Yeah, I skipped Ciel, I'll do her route tomorrow. So another option will show up hm? *wonders what it is*
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 12th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Question wrote:Didnt you notice? Go back to the title screen. If its not there then that means you didnt do the routes in the correct order :P

It doesn't have anything to do with the order actually, all you need to do is finish all nine endings in the game.

Hyperbeast wrote:Unrelated, I finished Kohaku's story earlier, and well... I don't think I've ever audibly yelled out "NO!" to a scene in a game before >.>

I can both interpret that as 'it was good' and as 'it was bad'. Care to elaborate? But do it in the Spoilers thread, please.

Unread postby cavignone » November 24th, 2006, 3:15 am

jsut finsihed beatting i think teh last ending... off all of them Akiha's true ending one of the sadiest fomr my point of veiw as is hisui true ending.

as a side note i got every ending but the one under akiha's true ending and i got everyones ending that i can think of even akiha's normal one(is it suppost to show up ?) maybe i just brain dead now lol. i want to see shinki's ending ceil said i could see it

or am i really missing a whole ending ? if so a pm or post giving me a Big hint be nice i drove me self insane all day trying to figure what i miss.
cavignone
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Question » November 24th, 2006, 11:10 am

He said he finished kohaku but couldnt get the eclipse, so naturally that meant he didnt do it in the proper order :P.

When you are given the chance to kill yourself or not to kill yourself, DONT kill yourself. This gives you the proper akiha normal ending.

Btw the akiha true ending isnt really that sad, as [Removed by MSG]. The normal ending on the other hand.....

Edit: Spoilers removed from this post. Please don't discuss ending details in this thread.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby cavignone » November 25th, 2006, 6:27 am

well i did not kill myself and got the ending for the 10th time (yes i played it that many times i have to get every ending/CG or i'll never quit lol) still did not work, so i started over from scratch. i got it to work this time finaly too now i sjut saved my finished files so i can keep them froever lol. odd thing is i did it the same as the first time(i wrote it down before) so abit stumped waht was diffent but who care i won~
cavignone
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby animefanrk2k » November 25th, 2006, 11:09 am

I'm doing (re-doing to be exact XD) Hisui's arc. I've gone in order from Arcueid to Ciel to Akiha and now to Hisui with this English patch. Satsuki just stands out from the Far Side of the Moon.

Oh, did anyone go back and try to get Ciel-sensei's lessons for fun? I find that a lot of those lessons are interesting and fun reads. Of course, there are also the occasional cameo appearances from other characters. =)
animefanrk2k
Addict

Unread postby Hyperbeast » November 25th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Random note: if you do Hisui's story before Akiha's story, you get a special Ciel-Sensei's lesson at one point. Can't remember where though.
It contains dancing.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat