Tsukihime Story Discussion - no real spoilers

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Message » December 20th, 2006, 9:05 am

There is no ending with that title. The closest I can find is Dreams of Sunshine, or perhaps the chapters 11/ Mirage (I) or 7/ Transparent Scratch.

Unread postby Question » December 21st, 2006, 4:52 pm

Weird, i sorta remembered a ending or chapter with "Hologram summer".
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby marus » December 21st, 2006, 5:07 pm

It's an ending in Melty Blood, if that's what you're talking about.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby potaatti » December 30th, 2006, 12:58 am

Btw, I wonder why Akiha's school uniform looks like a sailor suit.. :?
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby marus » December 30th, 2006, 5:32 am

Sailor uniforms are a pretty standard design for school's in japan.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Greetings, thanks, and plot question

Unread postby ace » March 14th, 2007, 11:24 am

Hi. I'm new to the board and universe, but before my question I'd like to say thank you and well done to the translation team. I fairly recently watched the Tsukihime anime and was quite intoxicated with it, and just had to play the game, which couldn't have been possible without the english translation, so "Arigato Gozaimasu" to you all.

So far I've only completed a few of the endings in the game mostly related to Ciel (like most I'm an Arc fan but its just how it turned out), but I have some lingering questions.

Possible Spoiler

I didn't find an answer through the endings thus far or the anime. Why was Ciel cursed with her eternal life when Roa left her after her first death? I remember it was said nature itself wouldn't let her die until Roa was killed (permanently?), and that she considered that her only way to atone for her sins more or less. What I'm not understanding was, why her? She was I think the 16th reincarnation of Roa and had no control when he took over (speaking of which shouldn't her will/soul existance have ended then?), so how was she at fault moreso than the other incarnations of Roa that she should be punished so? Or since we are seeing this from her perspective, as a curse, maybe its not, and she only thinks of it so because of her self blame and inhumane treatment by the Church. Thoughts?
Last edited by ace on March 15th, 2007, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ace
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » March 14th, 2007, 9:10 pm

I always thought she was the only one to get rid of Roa without dying. I'm not sure where I got that idea though, but it would explain why she's using Roa's life to replenish her own.

Unread postby miszou » March 15th, 2007, 3:20 am

I don't think that is right, arc did say she killed ciel when she was roa, so ciel roa did die at the same time as ciel. However nature brought ciel back alive to correct a mistake. to be honest, I forgot why ... maybe there is no secific reason, maybe it is because ciel was roa strongest incarnation ever, ciel did have a very stronger power from herself, so it might have something to do with that, roa saw ciel very different as the rest. Maybe she stole Roa life force a little, like SHIKI did with shiki, after all, they are still connected with each other. not sure on this one XD I need to play the ciel route again to remember if they actually said anything about it
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » March 15th, 2007, 3:48 am

How I understood it was that since Ciel miraculously revived after Arc killed Roa/Ciel, and Roa awakened into SHIKI, there ended up being two Roa's in existance (Roa/SHIKI, and the world still saw Ciel as Roa). Because of that, Ciel couldn't die without Roa/SHIKI dying, because Roa can't be dead and alive at the same time. So the earth created a time paradox so that whenever Ciel died, the world would reverse itself so that she didn't die. This would continue until Roa's death, at which point there would be no paradox. The only part about this explanation that doesn't make sense to me is about why this doesn't work the other way around, aka. why is Roa/SHIKI still able to die. I think it has something to do with Roa being the "parent" and Ciel being the "child", but I don't quite understand what that really means.

About Ciel reviving after Arc killed her, I don't think the reason is specifically stated, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Earth that brought her back. There was no need for a paradox until after she came back, because until then there was only one existence of Roa. So her first revival was probably a mixture of her own power (high magic potential?) and some strange coincidences. That or someone ridiculously strong and bored.

Also, shouldn't this be in the spoiler thread?
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » March 15th, 2007, 4:33 am

I still think her first revival was also to the time paradox, which was created after ciel/roa died, and thus having Roa already incarnated in SHIKI. But why the paradox existed in the first place has to have something todo with Ciel's strenght, or maybe Roa's desire to keep possessing her. roa was quit fond of her body, so maybe that has something to do with it. In the end Ciel is part of Roa's existence, not just Roa's life, since Ciel had to kill Roa's axistence rather then his life, meaning that Ciel became somehow part of Roa's imortal soul?

It might just nog be explained, since it is just a story in a certain setting where such a world is the truth, so there is no need to have a good explanation for everything, then again Nasu usually explains a lot of his worlds as the philosophy behind it is an important factor for the story. But in the end it would probably create contradictions if too much was explained in detail.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Question » March 15th, 2007, 7:40 am

Or one could simply think of it as a convenient plot device that wasnt really that well explained.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby miszou » March 15th, 2007, 8:58 am

exactly what I was saying with a lot more words ^^;;

one ring to rule them all 2 ((c)legendary frog) quote:
"plot device mister Frodo, plot device"

^^

but still, what I read from nasu so far (which isn't too much really -_-) he does seem to like long explanations for these kind of things with a lot of philosophical theories mixed together. Bu like I said, if you explain to much you will end up contradicting your self. In the Tsukihime world it might just be normal for such thing, if we accept it as a truth, it not need to be explained, to be honest, it doesn't strike as weird in the whole story, it's just that most things In Tsukihime actually get explained in some detail, thats why questions arise. Arggg, its no use to keep going like that ^^;; Maybe some one remembers something else about this?
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ace » March 15th, 2007, 12:00 pm

Ya, it was one of the few things i didn't find out in either of the ciel routes, so i guess we can just accept it :p but glad to see i didn't just overlook something.
ace
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat