Tsukihime on Gameboy Advance

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime on Gameboy Advance

Unread postby Robborboy » June 4th, 2010, 3:47 am

After a long while of trying to hunt this game down, no one on Y!AJ wanting to ship to the US, and a little luck on ebay, I have finally come into ownership of this wonderful game.

Now I have a question, I throw the disc into my drive and make an ISO of it. Is it possible for me to patch ISO so that when installing from said ISO it will install in English rather than Japanese?

I ask this because I have come across an nice little app that allows one to convert select visual novels to ROMs the game boy advance can use. And I would very much like to make use of this.
Robborboy
Totally hardly posted

Re: Tsukihime on Gameboy Advance

Unread postby Message » June 7th, 2010, 3:48 am

If that application does anything close to what I think it does, it will not matter if your CD is in English - it won't work. But to answer your question:

Robborboy wrote:Is it possible for me to patch ISO so that when installing from said ISO it will install in English rather than Japanese?

I don't know if this is possible, but this is very much in violation of the Tsukihime English EULA. We cannot allow creation of something that will only be used for warez, if it were to end up on the internet. So I'm sorry we cannot help you with this.

There are however several threads about playing Tsukihime etc on other mobile devices.

Unread postby Robborboy » June 8th, 2010, 1:10 am

Message wrote:If that application does anything close to what I think it does, it will not matter if your CD is in English - it won't work. But to answer your question:

Robborboy wrote:Is it possible for me to patch ISO so that when installing from said ISO it will install in English rather than Japanese?

I don't know if this is possible, but this is very much in violation of the Tsukihime English EULA. We cannot allow creation of something that will only be used for warez, if it were to end up on the internet. So I'm sorry we cannot help you with this.

There are however several threads about playing Tsukihime etc on other mobile devices.

I'm not too sure how this would constitute as warez. I had no intention of distributing it, and provided it were possible, it would fall down to the end user to buy the game, locate the translation patch, and locate the software that converts it.
Robborboy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » June 8th, 2010, 5:14 am

Robborboy wrote:I'm not too sure how this would constitute as warez. I had no intention of distributing it, and provided it were possible, it would fall down to the end user to buy the game, locate the translation patch, and locate the software that converts it.

Unfortunately, that's not how it would end up being used, eventually...

Unread postby Robborboy » June 8th, 2010, 3:06 pm

Message wrote:
Robborboy wrote:I'm not too sure how this would constitute as warez. I had no intention of distributing it, and provided it were possible, it would fall down to the end user to buy the game, locate the translation patch, and locate the software that converts it.

Unfortunately, that's not how it would end up being used, eventually...

Ah. Well then, I apologize for making this this thread then. To be honest, that never really crossed my mind.
Robborboy
Totally hardly posted

Return to Tsukihime Chat