Slightly Off-topic: Installation issues?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Slightly Off-topic: Installation issues?

Unread postby Inanis Machina » November 9th, 2006, 3:59 am

I've had a copy of Tsukihime, along with Melty Blood and Melty blood re-act since last march, and I've been unable to install any of them. This has never been a large issue, since my japanese skills are poor at best, but now that you guys have released the english patch for tsukihime, I have a much greater impetus to install it properly. Unfortunately, I still cannot do so. I have east asian languages supported in my regional settings and languages for Windows XP, but when I attempt to install the game, I get as far as choosing what directory the game should install into before getting 3 consecutive messages made of gibberish(no recognizable language, merely random characters), and the Tsukihime installer closes. I've had the same sort of trouble with melty blood when I tried Applocale to install it.

Any help you might be able to give a fellow Type Moon enthusiast in finally being able to play Tsukihime would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Inanis Machina
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » November 9th, 2006, 4:02 am

http://www.revolve-trans.org/articles/0001.html

Install guide for Melty, use on ReACT as well. Melty will not install unless its done in Japanese mode.

For Tsukihime, unless you want to install it in Japanese, don't worry. Simply have your disc ready and download the English patch, our patch is in English.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Inanis Machina » November 9th, 2006, 4:42 am

Thank you very much. I was completely unaware that the Patch also acted as an English language installer for the game itself. I've managed to install Tsukihime in English correctly as well as install Melty Blood and MB ReAct successfully as well. You've been a great help. Thank you very much for both your help in installing this and your great efforts in creating the Tsukihime translation as well. you have my deepest gratitude.
Inanis Machina
Totally hardly posted

Return to Tsukihime Chat