help with playing order

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

help with playing order

Unread postby Nisemono » March 26th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Since there are so many extensions to Tsukihime, I have gotten a bit confused.

I'd like to know in which order should I play all of the various fan-discs or other extra things that have been released. I know of Plus+Disk, Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood. And it seems that Melty Blood has an insane amount of different versions as well.

Since I'll soon be done with all of the routes, could someone tell me in which order I should play all of Tsukihime related things next (you may add stuff that I didn't even mention, if there are any).
Nisemono
Totally hardly posted

Re: help with playing order

Unread postby Tessara » March 26th, 2010, 6:19 pm

I believe the correct order is as follows:
Tsukihime
Plus+Disk
Kagetsu Tohya
Melty Blood
Melty Blood: ReAct
Melty Blood Act Cadenza
Melty Blood Actress Again

That assumes you want to play all the versions of MB. Either way, they follow Kagetsu Tohya, and they follow each other in that order
Tessara
Addict

Unread postby Nisemono » March 26th, 2010, 6:47 pm

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.

But about Melty Blood. Does the story continue in each of those versions or do all of them have the same story, with just some minor differences? If it's the latter, then which version would you recommend me to play?
Nisemono
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Tessara » March 26th, 2010, 10:06 pm

Well, I haven't played Actress again or ReAct, but there's definately different things going on between Melty Blood and Act Cadenza. The first Melty Blood has a large VN-like story to it that's a lot more in depth than the other games, though. Can anyone with a better idea of the whole series give a better comparison between the four?
Tessara
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 27th, 2010, 5:20 am

Pretty much you can just instal Melty Blood and then install ReACT Final Tuned and just play ReACT since it's the same, but a it more invovled. As for Act Cadenza it's just nothing more than Arcade Mode. As for Actress Again it looks like it has a progressive story behind it from what I've seen of it. Anyways if the Tsukihime remake has the Lagendary Sacchin Route then it might make a whole lot more sense.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Tessara » March 27th, 2010, 7:07 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Anyways if the Tsukihime remake has the Lagendary Sacchin Route then it might make a whole lot more sense.

Oh, Legendary Lost Sacchin Route, will you stop tormenting me at last!

Seriously though, if it appears in the remake, and it dang well better, then going back for it will probably make MB make somewhat more sense
Tessara
Addict

Unread postby Nisemono » March 27th, 2010, 9:21 am

Thank you for the quick answers.

This whole thing is starting to make sense to me now.
Nisemono
Totally hardly posted

Return to Tsukihime Chat