Tsukihime English bug reports (Read first post!) [v1.0]

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime English bug reports (Read first post!) [v1.0]

Unread postby Message » November 5th, 2006, 2:14 pm

NOTE- Please install Tsukihime English into a separate folder, and not over an installation of the Japanese version.

NOTE- Please read the readme.txt file included with the Tsukihime English installer. You can also read it here.

Since they'll be coming eventually - Please put all your Tsukihime English bug reports in this thread. Before you post a report, make sure of the following:

NOTE- Please read the readme.txt file included with the Tsukihime English installer.

- You should have sufficient user priviledges to create and modify files in the directory where you installed Tsukihime English.
- You should have sufficient free space on the drive where you installed Tsukihime English.
- You should exit all other programs that may be using your soundcard, such as winamp or media player, before starting the game.
- If ONScripter randomly freezes, try removing your mp3 files from the CD directory and see if that helps. If the freezes stop, your mp3 files are corrupt and you will need to recreate them properly.

Describe the problem short and clearly and state if you can reproduce the problem and how. Also supply the following:
- Your operating system
- What edition of Tsukihime you are using (the Japanese one)
- The version of Tsukihime English
- Which edition of Tsukihime English you're using (Standard or Non-Ero)
- Your CPU, amount of memory and your motherboard's brand and chipset
- What version of video drivers you are using
- In the case of a crash or freeze, the contents of your stderr.txt

Current version: 1.0 [2006-11-05]
Last edited by Message on December 3rd, 2006, 12:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Unread postby Henduluin » November 5th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Looks like I'm first, unfortunately.

Anyway, I just entered the Tohno mansion when the game just hang up and had to be closed forcefully. It was right after Kohaku greeted me.

I'm running Windows XP home SP2 and version 1.0 of the Standard Tsukihime translation. I haven't tried again, but if the game hangs up again a second time at this point, I'll edit my post.

*edit*
Tried again, nothing happened this time.

*edit 2*
Hmm, it happened again after Shiki left school on day 2. It looks like it's a problem with the transition from one background scene to another, as both times happened after the background changed to a new scene.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Prime234 » November 5th, 2006, 6:48 pm

This isn't so much of a bug, but I copied the game music exactly as the read me suggested to and I am not hearing any music. I haven checked all my sound settings and they are all fine. I am running XP SP2 but I doubt that is important. Anyway if there is any light you can shed on this I would appreciate it, thanks!
Prime234
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 5th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Henduluin wrote:Anyway, I just entered the Tohno mansion when the game just hang up and had to be closed forcefully. It was right after Kohaku greeted me.

I'm running Windows XP home SP2 and version 1.0 of the Standard Tsukihime translation. I haven't tried again, but if the game hangs up again a second time at this point, I'll edit my post.

*edit*
Tried again, nothing happened this time.

*edit 2*
Hmm, it happened again after Shiki left school on day 2. It looks like it's a problem with the transition from one background scene to another, as both times happened after the background changed to a new scene.

Can you give us the contents of your stderr.txt right after a crash? I should have put that up there right away, sorry. >_>

Unread postby Message » November 5th, 2006, 7:32 pm

Prime234 wrote:This isn't so much of a bug, but I copied the game music exactly as the read me suggested to and I am not hearing any music.

To make sure: Did you call the files track01.mp3, track02.mp3, etc, track10.mp3, and did you move them to the CD folder? Are you running other audio programs, such as winamp, in the background?

Unread postby Henduluin » November 5th, 2006, 7:36 pm

Message wrote:Can you give us the contents of your stderr.txt right after a crash? I should have put that up there right away, sorry. >_>

Sure, no problem. It's happened twice already, I don't doubt it'll happen again. One question though: I don't know how long that log will be, so do you want me to just post the entire thing here, or should I upload the file somewhere so I don't spam the forum? (Unless you have spoiler tags here, in which case I could just use those)
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Prime234 » November 5th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Message wrote:
Prime234 wrote:This isn't so much of a bug, but I copied the game music exactly as the read me suggested to and I am not hearing any music.

To make sure: Did you call the files track01.mp3, track02.mp3, etc, track10.mp3, and did you move them to the CD folder? Are you running other audio programs, such as winamp, in the background?

Yes they were in mp3 format. I did rename them appropriately, and I did not have any other music programs running. I am in the process of riping them again into mp3 format. I will edit this post with the results of my ripping again. But just to clarify, when I click on the mp3 on Extract Audio Copy, it rips is and converts it to mp3 in a command line window, correct?
Prime234
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Decay4 » November 5th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Problem: Tsukihime freezes after a few scenes
Tsukihime VER: 1.0
Stardard Edition.

Problem isn't reproduced in the same spot if I fast forward through, however, every few scenes (change in the background) the program would freeze up.

stderr.txt Content:

Autodetect: insanity spirit detected!
*** plugin jpgplgin.dll|jpg is not available, ignored. ***
command [cdfadeout] is not supported yet!!
*** can't find file [cursor0.bmp] ***
*** can't find file [cursor1.bmp] ***
can't open save file sav\save10.dat for writing (not an error)
can't open save file sav\save11.dat for writing (not an error)

Edit #1: Similiar to Henduluin's problem.
p.s.: Is Nero suppose to be called "Nrvnqsr" ?
Decay4
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AT_DA » November 5th, 2006, 10:15 pm

I Noticed not long after leaving school on the first day (heading to mansion) the text started scrolling very quickly, the next icons animated very quickly. If I try to right click, the menu immediately disappears and the game text comes back. Trying to quickly click menu options doesn't work.

After I went back to the window after typing the above, it accelerated as if my mouse were constantly clicking, bypassing everything :sigh: And I haven't saved hardly, oh well.

Restarting the game and it's back to normal, I'll see if Ican make it happen again.

XP sp2, tsukihime 1.0.
AT_DA
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Prime234 » November 5th, 2006, 10:24 pm

I have ripped the audio again and I have reinstalled the patch. There is still no in game music. I have the japanese version installed on my system right now as well, would this cause any problems? I am just stumped since I have followed the instructions to the letter.
Prime234
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Hyperbeast » November 5th, 2006, 10:34 pm

Hm... Music worked fine for me, just a note though, I copied it from Ever After, and using that... Extraction tool *can't remember the name* I found they were all the same, but disc 2 of Ever After does have track 10 =P

Well, I've been playing since my post in the comment section more or less *so that's like 6 and a half hours now? >.>* and only problems I've found are about 3 gramatical errors. Unfortuanately I also realized I've been spelling Nrvnqsr wrong all this time *I spelt it Nrvnsqr*.
So yeah... Good job. I'll probably fall asleep now as soon as I get home from class though so... Still, I'll let you know if I find anything meritable.

Oh, something maybe to check, for those of you who can't get the music working, are you running the non-ero version? That could be why.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AyaReiko » November 6th, 2006, 12:05 am

System: WinXP SP2
Game: TsukiBako Ed.

Day 1: You hear something shortly before for homeroom.
Choose Option B. As soon as Ciel-sempai appears on the screen, the game crashes.

- - - - - - -
stderr.txt:

*** can't find file [icon\0.bmp] ***
- - - - - - -
stdout.txt is blank.
- - - - - - -

Something I just noticed, there is no jpgplgin.dll in the Tsukihime directory.
However, if I copy the one on the Tsukihime CD to the game's directory, the problem is still the same.

=======

Edit: Nevermind, it was a problem with the mp3s. I re-burned them with EAC and LAME instead of iTunes. Everything works fine now.
AyaReiko
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Henduluin » November 6th, 2006, 9:38 am

I just crashed when I clicked on "Resume game".

----------------
stderr.txt:

----------------

Another crash while I was at the park with Arcuied. Day 8 IIRC.

can't open save file sav\save18.dat for writing (not an error)
can't open save file sav\save19.dat for writing (not an error)
Last edited by Henduluin on November 6th, 2006, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » November 6th, 2006, 2:34 pm

When I right clicked and selected the 'display image' it just closed. It seems it was just a random thing though, since it didn't happen the next time i did it.

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot the specs. Windows XP SP1, Tsukihime version 1.2, Standard version.
Last edited by Ciel on November 6th, 2006, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby stassy » November 6th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Windows XP SP2, Tsukihime version 1.0

- Ripping game music improperly might affect its hearing ingame (converting in wmv then in mp3 for exemple result in hastened song playing). Other than the software given in the readme, encoding with Winamp in 128kbps is fine.

- After each chapter, the reading speed is set back to default (feature?).
stassy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 6th, 2006, 5:36 pm

Prime234 wrote:
Message wrote:To make sure: Did you call the files track01.mp3, track02.mp3, etc, track10.mp3, and did you move them to the CD folder? Are you running other audio programs, such as winamp, in the background?

Yes they were in mp3 format. I did rename them appropriately, and I did not have any other music programs running. I am in the process of riping them again into mp3 format. I will edit this post with the results of my ripping again. But just to clarify, when I click on the mp3 on Extract Audio Copy, it rips is and converts it to mp3 in a command line window, correct?

Yes, if you properly setup EAC to use LAME, it will run LAME in a command line window and convert the .wav files to .mp3. Of course you should not just rename your .wav to .mp3, or name your ripped files whatever.mp3 in EAC.
It is possibly a problem with your mp3 files, so try opening your mp3s in winamp and/or mplayer2.exe to see if they work properly. If that checks out, put some other mp3's in the CD folder that you did not rip yourself (like, a random CD or OST or something), and see if the game can play them.
Installing the Japanese version as well should not cause any problems, they are two completely independent applications. You could however try running Tsukihime English without the Japanese CD in the drive, as ONS may for some reason be detecting the CD-DA even though it shouldn't use it...

Decay4 wrote:Problem: Tsukihime freezes after a few scenes. Problem isn't reproduced in the same spot if I fast forward through, however, every few scenes (change in the background) the program would freeze up.
p.s.: Is Nero suppose to be called "Nrvnqsr" ?

Yes, his real name is Nrvnqsr. 'Nero' is just the common pronounciation of the name. Try removing your music and see if the freezes still occur. We have heard that badly encoded mp3's can cause ONScripter to fail.

Hyperbeast wrote:Oh, something maybe to check, for those of you who can't get the music working, are you running the non-ero version? That could be why.

I don't know where you got this idea, but I have seen nothing that points in this direction. If you can show that non-ero has anything to do with music problems, please do so.

As for Henduluin and Ciel, I cannot think of possible solutions with this little information, so if your problems persist please drop by in the IRC-channel and we'll see if we can figure out what's going on.

Unread postby Message » November 6th, 2006, 5:41 pm

stassy wrote:After each chapter, the reading speed is set back to default (feature?).

I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that or not. We will look into this for the next release of Tsukihime English.

Unread postby Raiden Kitsune » November 6th, 2006, 9:40 pm

I'm having the same problem that's already been posted about a few times; every few scene changes, the game just freezes competely. My stderr.out doesn't look like it'll help much with that, though.

can't open save file sav\save1.dat for writing (not an error)
can't open save file sav\save2.dat for writing (not an error)
can't open save file sav\save20.dat for writing (not an error)
Raiden Kitsune
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » November 7th, 2006, 4:37 am

Raiden Kitsune wrote:I'm having the same problem that's already been posted about a few times; every few scene changes, the game just freezes competely. My stderr.out doesn't look like it'll help much with that, though.

can't open save file sav\save1.dat for writing (not an error)
can't open save file sav\save20.dat for writing (not an error)

The can't find cursor and icon's are common errors, the main problem seems to be that your save files can't be opened to be overwritten. Did you install Tsukihime using an administrator account, or a normal user account?
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby TheXev » November 7th, 2006, 9:06 am

NOTE- Please install Tsukihime into a separate folder, and not over a current installation. This may be the cause of some problems in relation to our patch!

NOTE- Please read the readme.txt file included with the Tsukihime patch.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat