Tsukihime apect ratio issue

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime apect ratio issue

Unread postby mariusrhpsd » March 10th, 2010, 6:24 am

Hi! Im having an issues here, i cant get tsukihime to work on full screen at an aspect ratio of 4:3, it automatically stretches to 16:9, i have an ati hd4650 and a dell monitor connected via dvi, max resolution is 1920x1080 and im running win xp sp3
i have no issues with fate, chaos head, nor any other game that has 4:3 aspect ratio, i cant get to be displayed whit the "side bars"

thnx in advance!!
mariusrhpsd
Totally hardly posted

Re: Tsukihime apect ratio issue

Unread postby Message » March 11th, 2010, 6:07 am

I find it very strange that you can only get this problem in Tsukihime. It is a global driver setting, usually. Anyway, search the forums, answer has been posted before.

Unread postby mariusrhpsd » April 29th, 2010, 1:17 am

i've already been in that thread, but it is for nvidia, i have an ati, i can force the resolution with a dvi connector to 640X480 with 4:3, but the issue is when i go into fullscreen mode, isnt there a way to get it to work in 4:3 in fullscreen for ati cards?
mariusrhpsd
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 29th, 2010, 2:36 pm

Unread postby mariusrhpsd » May 3rd, 2010, 5:38 am

thnx again, for what see, ill have to resign to play it windowed mode, i still cant find any soution for the fullscreen mode though, and, btw, ive been playing ys eternal, wich resolution is 640 x 480, aspect ratio 4:3, and the game in full screen keeps the aspect ratio, it has to be a problem with the onscripter or something... isnt there a way to upscale it, like, modifying some file or something?
mariusrhpsd
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » May 3rd, 2010, 5:45 am

mariusrhpsd wrote:isnt there a way to upscale it, like, modifying some file or something?

Sadly, no. You could try using a recent build of ONS. Tsukihime uses a truly ancient one... http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/

Unread postby MegaLeon » June 14th, 2010, 9:49 pm

I think you can fix that trhough the ATI Catalyst control panel. There's an option for stretch 4:3 games in fullscreen mode or to keep their original aspect ratio. I'm pretty sure of it as I have been messing around with that option on my 16:9 laptop with the HD4570.
MegaLeon
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Jinnai » July 2nd, 2010, 4:29 am

Well it doesn't upscale the image, it just blows it up.
Jinnai
Might just like this board

Unread postby mariusrhpsd » October 18th, 2010, 6:42 am

thanks for the tips, i already done everything i could, i tried reinstalling the game, note that it was my first time running the game without the patch, the game without the patch runs great, even when i select fullscreen, it keeps the aspect ratio, the thing is that when i run the patch, all the options that appears at the top of the screen are not there(no big deal, but, oh well), and the aspect ratio is effed up again...T_T help?

EDIT: nvm that, i found a solution, although it was a little bit... rustic may i say?
i decided to search for a second language option, i came across a spanish project, i tried it and thought, what if i replace their script, with the mirrormoon one? guess what? aspect ratio solved, although i can't really say if their patch is stable or not, time will tellXD thanks guys for your help!
just to be sure, the script is named nscript right?
mariusrhpsd
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » October 19th, 2010, 6:10 am

mariusrhpsd wrote:thanks for the tips, i already done everything i could, i tried reinstalling the game, note that it was my first time running the game without the patch, the game without the patch runs great, even when i select fullscreen, it keeps the aspect ratio, the thing is that when i run the patch, all the options that appears at the top of the screen are not there(no big deal, but, oh well), and the aspect ratio is effed up again...T_T help?

EDIT: nvm that, i found a solution, although it was a little bit... rustic may i say?
i decided to search for a second language option, i came across a spanish project, i tried it and thought, what if i replace their script, with the mirrormoon one? guess what? aspect ratio solved, although i can't really say if their patch is stable or not, time will tellXD thanks guys for your help!
just to be sure, the script is named nscript right?

You should download a new ONScripter build instead. http://onscripter.unclemion.com/

Return to Tsukihime Chat