Patch v1.1 compatability with Vista.

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Patch v1.1 compatability with Vista.

Unread postby Yuutsu » September 28th, 2009, 7:33 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'd like extend a friendly greeting to the denizens of this forum before I post my first question...and first post.

I have a copy of the CD version of Tsukihime, and I also downloaded the v1.1 english patch; however, when I proceed to install the patch, a window pops up informing me that there are some known errors with Vista and that should I ever try to uninstall it in the future, there will be some files remaining that cannot be deleted.

As much as I'd like to install Tsukihime, I'm not sure that I want to have leftovers in case I need to uninstall it. Therefore, my question is whether or not these files can be deleted manually after being un-installed, or are they permanent because of incompatibilities with Vista?
Yuutsu
Totally hardly posted

Re: Patch v1.1 compatability with Vista.

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 28th, 2009, 9:34 pm

It just hides a few things here and there, but it's not permanent.

Something interesting: install it on a WinXP computer, then copy the install folder to your Vista computer... STILL WORKS.
(this is how I installed it on my laptop which I purchased overseas, while not having my install disc w/ me)
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Re: Patch v1.1 compatability with Vista.

Unread postby Yuutsu » September 29th, 2009, 3:01 am

Ah, thank you.

I guess I could do that, too. I do have a computer with XP and was considering installing it and playing it on there, but maybe I'll try to transfer it like you did. : )
Yuutsu
Totally hardly posted

Return to Tsukihime Chat