Gekka (Under the Moon) Score Sheet

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Gekka (Under the Moon) Score Sheet

Unread postby Rokunaya » March 22nd, 2009, 3:00 pm

I've loved this song/tune for a very, very, long time, and I've been wanting to play it on my piano for even longer. Problem is, no matter how hard I look or try, I can never find the score for it. So, if anyone has the score to any of the versions of this song, [because there are quite a bit...] Please, post a link or something I'd much appreciate it.

P.S. : I'd prefer to have the score for the Gekka remix in the novel part of Melty Blood, and in Battle Moon Wars, but that one might be off-topic here. If you don't know what song/tunes I'm talking about, it's track 8 in all of the Tsukihime soundtracks for the game.

*Note* I'm not sure if asking for scores is illegal or not, so I post this in good faith that I won't be seen as someone willingly trying to break the law. If it is illegal, please notify me and I'll gladly have this thread closed/taken down.

With that said, thanks in advance everyone!
Rokunaya
Might just like this board

Unread postby Atriel » March 22nd, 2009, 4:16 pm

I seriously don't know if this is breaking the rules or not <_<

Anyway, if you could tell me how to listen to that song i can try to get it by ear. Or if i'm very lazy (which i am, mind you) at the very least i can give you the scale and time, this way it's fairly easy to play it by yourself. It all depends on how difficult it is though.
Last edited by Atriel on March 22nd, 2009, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Rokunaya » March 22nd, 2009, 4:44 pm

Oh, well, when it comes to ear, I'm trying to get my brother to do that, He's doing a...okay he's not so good at it. Haha! But i was just wondering if there were some official score sheet or at least some semi/professional ones on some sites somewhere, probably in Japanese. I haven't been able to find a score for about 2 months...

P.S. As for getting the songs, it should be track 08 on the original Tsukihime disc, the others are from the Ever After and Tsukibako discs, and I'm pretty sure you'd have to buy those...
Rokunaya

Unread postby Crest » April 5th, 2009, 5:29 pm

I found sheet music of gekka on some website or other I don't remember and definitely can't read.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tizzyowywmm
I uploaded it for you since I couldn't find the link. Not sure how accurately this is transcribed, don't have the Tsukihime OST on my computer to check.
Crest
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » April 5th, 2009, 9:50 pm

@Crest
That's quite good. Close to the original, pretty close I might add.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Rokunaya » April 5th, 2009, 11:35 pm

....You. ROCK. Thanks alot, it's very accurate. except for that one part where they smash on the keyboards, XD. Other than that, it's great! Thanks alot, seriously. ....How did you find this, though? I searched so hard and long.. T_T
"Insert something creative and witty here, kthx."
Rokunaya

Unread postby Crest » April 6th, 2009, 2:36 am

Figured while i'm at it i'll try to post any Type-Moon sheet music related things I can find and contribute a bit. Here's a bunch of Melty Blood arrangements by this guy. Site is totally in moonspeak though so if there's anything else I wouldn't know anyways. I'll try to dig up the site I found gekka on in my bookmarks. Seriously need to organize them.
http://nocturne-blue.web.infoseek.co.jp ... blood.html

Edit//
Haha two seconds after I made this post I went and looked at a piece of sheet music from the site lost somewhere in my bookmarks and lo behold a url. This site has a lot of stuff, like F-zero and whatnot but most importantly, some Melty Blood, Fate/Stay Night, and Ataraxia arrange/transcriptions. Good thing for Type-Moon's awesome engrish titles else the titles would all be in moonspeak.
http://hijiridl6.hp.infoseek.co.jp/score.htm

Edit//
Again. Found another site. This time has some sheet music of the Tsukihime Piano Fandisc so pretty nice. Really easy too I think.
http://parasoul.exofire.net/files/
Crest
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » April 6th, 2009, 4:58 am

Cool, i was pretty damn busy with university and vacation just started. And i'm lazy D:

I'll check it out to see if at least what i was doing was in the right path.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Rokunaya » April 6th, 2009, 11:45 am

You guys are awesome ._.
"Insert something creative and witty here, kthx."
Rokunaya

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 13th, 2009, 1:16 pm

Wow, thanks a lot for those. Finally some more motivation to get me to pick up they piano again!

EDIT: Btw, that 'http://parasoul.exofire.net/files/' ends with a 403 error for me.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Crest » April 13th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Ah. This guy is doing lots of renovating or something so its kind of screwy.
Just go to http://parasoul.exofire.net/ and read the page I guess. This time he's moved everything to http://parasoul.exofire.net/files2/
Crest
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Quibi » April 14th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Nice getting those music scores 8)
I found most the of the notes of Gekka (the better version that comes with Tsukibako) by hearing. I'll post it as soon as I find a way to arrange notes with some program...
Quibi

Unread postby Atriel » April 14th, 2009, 5:11 pm

^I was using Finale, in case you can't get another one. It's annoying getting it all exactly down on paper, so good luck :P
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Return to Tsukihime Chat