Question about the Arcueid Endings (Spoilers)

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Question about the Arcueid Endings (Spoilers)

Unread postby Midnight Dawns » February 25th, 2009, 7:58 am

Ok so I just finished both the true and good endings for Arcueid and there is one thing bothering me. In the true ending Arcueid shows up after a week and says she can no longer resist the urge to feed. In the good ending she shows up after a month but says she needed only seven days to regain enough of her power to resist the desire for blood. This seems a little inconsistent to me. In both endings she has rested for at least seven days, which as stated by the good ending is all she needs to, but in one she leaves and the other she stays. Is there something I am missing or does this confuse other people as well?
Midnight Dawns
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sabata2 » February 25th, 2009, 8:03 am

She didn't focus on recovery in the True end.

So basically she was "smarter" in the Good end, because she knew she'd need to recover for days after that.

In True, she was probably still suprised to be alive.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Michael Nanaya » April 12th, 2009, 3:17 pm

I agree with Sabata somewhat.

She was supposed to have died, and the Thirst became too strong for her to endure. So, in True, she was 'killed' by Roa and disappeared. But as Shiki killed him, the energy he stole for Arcueid flowed back to her and thus she returned. However, in this state, she's largely fragile, and even though she rested a lot, since she already had the taste of blood, she's afraid that her urge for blood eventually hurts Shiki, so she goes back to her Castle to sleep. Of course, this in the True Ending.

On the Good, it's mainly for the Arc-lovers out there (like me) who can't support a sad ending. She got all the energy from Roa, rested a bit, and being a True Ancestor and all, resisted the Thirst to stay with everyone's favorite hero.

The End, enter KT & MB.

Hope that clears up something
Michael Nanaya
Posting more than n00bs

Re: Question about the Arcueid Endings (Spoilers)

Unread postby James_Marcus » July 29th, 2009, 2:49 am

both of you have reason, but i don´t think it´s just a consolation for the fans like michael nanaya said, you see if it´s one of the endings at least it must have some logic, in the true ending maybe she didn´t manage to recover all of her power she sleep for a week but, in the good ending she was missing for a month so she sleep a week and rested the other days beacause as she said she didn´t only recover her power sleeping, in the true probably she lost all hope to recover, that might be the logic answer. also sorry about my english it doesn´t seem to be very good.
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Dark_Habit » July 30th, 2009, 11:36 am

Well, primarily they are two DIFFERENT endings, so they are, like shall we say, parallel realities.
Basically the final choice alters the time-line(even though the events have already happened, but you don't know that then do you?)and results in either the True or Good Ending.

The Good Ending was probably for suckers who got depressed seeing Arc die, and not being able to stay with Shiki.
I count myself among 'em
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 30th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Not only that, but the Good End for Arc can be also used for Melty Blood if need be. Since she does tend to hang around town knowing Shiki at that point. That is until we get our Sacchin Routes in the remake of course.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Dark_Habit » July 30th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Not only that, but the Good End for Arc can be also used for Melty Blood if need be. Since she does tend to hang around town knowing Shiki at that point. That is until we get our Sacchin Routes in the remake of course.

Plus, Kagetsu Tohya is also continued from it, so it has a lot of relevance.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 30th, 2009, 12:49 pm

KT could've continued from Ciel Good End too.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mazyrian » July 30th, 2009, 1:47 pm

Or from Satuski Normal, which also would make it a fit prequel to MB
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Return to Tsukihime Chat