About Tsukihime's opening

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

About Tsukihime's opening

Unread postby DarkBlue » February 19th, 2009, 9:53 am

I have played through almost the whole of game now, I just have Hisui and Kohaku routes left, but I still can't understand the opening, you know the one where someone wakes up in the night walks through the forest to the clearing were people have been slaughtered, and your mom protects you from the killer by jumping in front of you.
At first I thought it was Shiki's accident, but now I know that accident happened at daytime, and it doesn't seem like anyone else besides Akiha was there when SHIKI killed Shiki, Makihisa arrived a while later. Also, Shiki's mom should already have been dead, but it could have been his adoptive mother that got killed. I have tried reading it several times while thinking about it from different perspectives, but I still can't even be sure that this is seen trough the eyes of Shiki.
DarkBlue
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » February 19th, 2009, 10:11 am

The opening happened in Shiki's past, before he got adopted into the Tohno family.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Headron » February 19th, 2009, 10:17 am

I'm pretty sure most of that is explained in kohaku's route but if you don't want to wait that long read the spoiler.

First things first That scene was veiwed through Shiki's eyes.

That scene is the Death of Nanaya Shiki's Family. Makihisa was sorry to have killed shiki's entire family and was surprised that the boy had that same name as his son and decided to adopt Shiki as atonement and amusment. The Mother protecting him was his biological mother. i'm pretty sure Mikihisa's wife was already dead by the time shiki was adopted.
Gilgamesh: Stupid MONGRELS forcing me to live on a roof for eternity.

viewtopic.php?p=55233#55233
Headron
Might just like this board

Unread postby DarkBlue » February 19th, 2009, 10:18 am

Aha, so it was his real mother then? I just couldn't place it as that because I didn't think he lived in the mansion before he got adopted. Which route do I find this out?

Edit: Ok, questions answered before I could ask them, lol.
DarkBlue
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » February 20th, 2009, 12:57 am

You can better understand this if you read Kagetsu Tohya.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » February 20th, 2009, 7:37 pm

Just for the sake of clearing things up (if they happen to be still be a bit confusing). from what I gather, you seem to be mixing two events into one:
Opening:
Warning - possible minor kagetsu Tohya spoiler
The Nanaya village was slaughtered, Makihisa and Kouma (though he remains "uncredited" in Tsukihime) were the main forces in the Tohno's side and in the Nanaya's was Kiri, Shiki's dad (and also remains uncredited in Tsukihime IIRC). During that night, Shiki woke up and went into the forest and into a clearing, where he saw his family village being destroyed. A man attacked Shiki and his biological mother protected him with her life (literally). The event was viewed as a flashback Shiki had while in the hospital as a kid (I think).

The "accident":
If you've read Akiha's route, then it won't be a spoiler, so you can tread without much care.
SHIKI went berserk due to his Tohno blood and Roa's awakening, in his wee-moment, SHIKI pierced Shiki's heart after Shiki tried to protect Akiha from being attacked from the rampaging SHIKI. Makihisa and his clique (or just Makihisa, can't remember) stop SHIKI from doing anything else and lock him up in the basement. Some stuff that gets explained in kohaku's route happen, so I'll leave it at that.

If I made any mistake, do correct me. Thanks.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 21st, 2009, 4:17 am

abscess wrote:Just for the sake of clearing things up (if they happen to be still be a bit confusing). from what I gather, you seem to be mixing two events into one:
Opening:
Warning - possible minor kagetsu Tohya spoiler
The Nanaya village was slaughtered, Makihisa and Kouma (though he remains "uncredited" in Tsukihime) were the main forces in the Tohno's side and in the Nanaya's was Kiri, Shiki's dad (and also remains uncredited in Tsukihime IIRC). During that night, Shiki woke up and went into the forest and into a clearing, where he saw his family village being destroyed. A man attacked Shiki and his biological mother protected him with her life (literally). The event was viewed as a flashback Shiki had while in the hospital as a kid (I think).

As for the Nanaya Village
wasn't Kouma credited, but not mentioned by name at that time? I mean he did kill his mother when he was about to kill Shiki instead there.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Mazyrian » February 21st, 2009, 7:28 pm

In some route it is mentioned in Makihisa's diary that he needed Kishima's help to kill the Nanayas
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Fockbox » March 17th, 2009, 4:06 am

Mazyrian wrote:
In some route it is mentioned in Makihisa's diary that he needed Kishima's help to kill the Nanayas

Not only that, but Hisui mentions that Kishima was staying in the mansion up until a few weeks before Shiki moved back in (Not-spoilered, since it doesn't really effect the story and it's in the first 2 days or so).
Fockbox

Return to Tsukihime Chat