Noticed something Ceil said... (spoilers)

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Noticed something Ceil said... (spoilers)

Unread postby Echoman » February 13th, 2009, 4:52 pm

o.o I seem to remember someone else who gave up his life to save others...

His name was Jesus.

What's with a member of the church saying that such qualities are bad? I mean, yeah, even if she is a church-person she doesn't want Shiki to give up his life for her, but still claiming that every such act is just self-love is going a bit far.
Echoman
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 13th, 2009, 4:56 pm

I think it was something along the line of the killed when you die bit. Although it reminds me of what Saber says to Shirou when he tries to protect her, but get's hurt to the point of death kind of thing.

Also,
just because she's from the Burial Angency doesn't mean she cannot say those things. Besides she was actually drafted since she couldn't die when she was killed.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Echoman » February 13th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Oh... I dunno, I'm not much past that point, just sorta assumed that Burial Agency people were religious-ish people too.
Echoman
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 13th, 2009, 5:39 pm

Well from what I can asume they are technically a secret organization of the Church. By that I would have to guess the Roman side since it's the only place that has a well known location of course.

In any case they are covert operatives sent into to exorcise deamons and mostly vampires as well. I think they would go after a DAA if the need arises. Also, for some reason Ciel was sent to assist with destorying the vampires in Misasaki City along with Arc. Although she is a True Ancestor and kind of makes it a bit confusing that an Agent would help a high ranking vampire, but I think since Shiki is involved it prevents Ciel form doing anything around that kind of nature.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 13th, 2009, 5:53 pm

I'll just tac on, Message may not like you posting that screenshot of it, dunno, it still violates some of the laws in a sense. :P
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Re: Noticed something Ceil said... (spoilers)

Unread postby nobaka » February 13th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Echoman wrote:o.o I seem to remember someone else who gave up his life to save others...

His name was Jesus.

What's with a member of the church saying that such qualities are bad? I mean, yeah, even if she is a church-person she doesn't want Shiki to give up his life for her, but still claiming that every such act is just self-love is going a bit far.

lawl Jesus. Let's not go into religion. It's absolutely indefensible.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » February 13th, 2009, 9:37 pm

nobaka, stop flamebaiting or get out. This thread isn't about religion. Consider this your only warning.

@topic: I've just done a search for 'God' in the script and didn't find a single case where Ciel is actually speaking about Him, so it should be safe to conclude that the game doesn't at any point state that Ciel is a believer herself. Normally I would assume that exorcising vampires using Church weaponry would require the wielder to have some measure of "holiness" attributed to him/her, which would imply that the wielder would have to be a believer him/herself, but this is Nasu, meaning that 1) it doesn't have to make sense, and 2) it's written by a Japanese so even if he wanted to make it 'Christian religious' he probably wouldn't have had any idea what he was talking about. So either way, the problem of a possible inconsistency kind of dissolves.

Unread postby Atriel » February 14th, 2009, 3:39 am

As far as i remember, Ciel is not a believer. She's just part of the agency. Which is from the church. Going through her route, you understand why she is there.

So, she probably couldn't care less about jesus.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » February 14th, 2009, 3:45 am

IIRC, the Burial Agency isn't really a part of the church, they're just heretic hunters who happen to hunt what the church says doesn't exist.
Last edited by that one guy on February 15th, 2009, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xanathos » February 14th, 2009, 3:16 pm

It's because she likes shiki and doesn't want shiki to die? If he dies she has to live forever alone. (Or if she kills roa, she will die alone)
Xanathos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 14th, 2009, 4:07 pm

that one guy wrote:IRC, the Burial Agency isn't really a part of the church, they're just heretic hunters who happen to hunt what the church says doesn't exist.

So wouldn't tat make them a secret organisation within the Church then? I mean it seems like they would follow orders given from the Church and no one else. I mean they could be a group that has the same ideals, but not the same beliefs. From what I take of it it could be the scecret orgainsation the was in that Van Hellsing movie if you want ot think of it in that sort of way.
Last edited by Kid-Wolf on February 14th, 2009, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Undream » February 14th, 2009, 7:40 pm

In short, the Burial-Agency uses assasins to kill assasins.
Believing in the church doesnt seem to be a requirement for the job (Ciel is an example of that)
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Return to Tsukihime Chat