random thoughts after playing Akiha route (spoilers)

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

random thoughts after playing Akiha route (spoilers)

Unread postby allanh » February 12th, 2009, 9:42 am

another day, another route.

Just when I thought story couldn't get more sad after the Fate route of FSN, Type Moon feels that it needs to create something worse.

The endings are just....sad, I guess it is one word to describe it. TBH, I hope instead of calling the 2 endings True and Normal endings, it's more fitting to call them Bad Endings.

Once again, this route imho plays along a similar theme to Heavens Feel. Both Akiha and Sakura are controlled by a dark inner self and the ending of both story end with Shiki and Shirou sacraficing themselves to save the girl.

However, I like Akiha a lot more than Sakura in FSN. Throughout the story, Akiha has tried to protect her brother and she has persisted through pain to resist the inner Tohno bloodline. On the other hand, Sakura just let everything loose from the beginning. This fact make the Ahika ending so much sadder.

ok, time to torture myself by doing the Hisui route (heard it's not a good ending either) :(
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby sabata2 » February 12th, 2009, 9:45 am

Dude >_>

Slow the hell down.

Srsly.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 12th, 2009, 10:04 am

He's going at a fine rate. 1 route a day isn't so bad, I used to do two a day or so. (Hell, I did the Fate route in F/SN in a day and a half. That's tough cookies. :P)

Yeah, Ahika is 10x better than Sakura.

I told you, it only gets worse. Although, once you read, and I assume this, Kagestu Tohya, you won't be SO sad for Ahika in her "True" ending. Yeah though, her normal ending was pretty sad. I felt depressed. Also, doesn't the title music make you feel depressed if you listen to it? It does for me...for some reason I just get this well of emotions inside of me and feel kind of depressed. Amazing that this was designed as a Doujin Game and turned out so amazing, eh?
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby allanh » February 12th, 2009, 10:11 am

Mkilbride wrote:He's going at a fine rate. 1 route a day isn't so bad, I used to do two a day or so. (Hell, I did the Fate route in F/SN in a day and a half. That's tough cookies. :P)

Yeah, Ahika is 10x better than Sakura.

I told you, it only gets worse. Although, once you read, and I assume this, Kagestu Tohya, you won't be SO sad for Ahika in her "True" ending. Yeah though, her normal ending was pretty sad. I felt depressed. Also, doesn't the title music make you feel depressed if you listen to it? It does for me...for some reason I just get this well of emotions inside of me and feel kind of depressed. Amazing that this was designed as a Doujin Game and turned out so amazing, eh?

I think we just agreed on something for the first time :P (joking)

Nasu is really a master at toying with its fans emotion. The soundtrack, although simple, is really effective. After making the player/reader invest som much energy and feelings throughout a route, it is really low to separate Akiha and Shiki in the ending :evil:
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby allanh » February 12th, 2009, 3:58 pm

A quick question:

Doe you guys think Shiki died in the True Ending of Akiha route? His body disappeared.... what does it mean?
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 12th, 2009, 4:53 pm

allanh wrote:A quick question:

Doe you guys think Shiki died in the True Ending of Akiha route? His body disappeared.... what does it mean?

Orignally I think it was supposed to signify that Akiha fully abosrbed Shiki's life. Although in Kagtsu Tohya it was stated that Ciel took Shiki's body to help him recover from Akiha taking back the life energy that she gave to Shiki. It's probably becuase people complained about how AKiha's endings were confusing and whatnot they had to clairify the whole True ending I guess.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby that one guy » February 12th, 2009, 6:38 pm

Shiki is indeed alive and well. Though I'm sure Akiha's pissed.(my theory is that Ciel...abused her power, lets say, while keeping Shiki) And you think this is bad? Oh god, wait till tommorow.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 12th, 2009, 7:41 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:
allanh wrote:A quick question:

Orignally I think it was supposed to signify that Akiha fully abosrbed Shiki's life. Although in Kagtsu Tohya it was stated that Ciel took Shiki's body to help him recover from Akiha taking back the life energy that she gave to Shiki. It's probably becuase people complained about how AKiha's endings were confusing and whatnot they had to clairify the whole True ending I guess.

Way to spoiler Kagetsu Tohya. :P
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 12th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Well that was one of the side stories to clear things up and to enhance the ending. It's also kind of like the Flowers of Thanatos. I mean come on that was needed in the main game if you ask me.

Besides it doesn't spoil the linear story at all though. Besides I thought this was a spoiler thread to begin with.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 12th, 2009, 9:01 pm

For Ahika's route, not Kagestu Tohya, to which some, like this fellow, I'd imagine, haven't read yet and would like to see how all the things round together at the end, I found it very enjoyable.

Flowers of Thanatos...if that's the one I think it is...(K&H + S?), then no, that would ruin the main game...although it still rocked hardcore.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » February 12th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Flower of Thanatos was completely unnecessary. It just gave me another reason to be envious of Shiki....lucky bastard.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 13th, 2009, 4:08 am

that one guy wrote:Flower of Thanatos was completely unnecessary. It just gave me another reason to be envious of Shiki....lucky bastard.

But you have to adimt it was twincest for the win right there. Beisdes there was that one ending that was done where Shiki got two of the most dangerous girls fawning over him, so why not have both of the maids?
Last edited by Kid-Wolf on February 13th, 2009, 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby that one guy » February 13th, 2009, 4:11 am

I refuse to admit that ending exists. Besides, he always has Ciel fawning over him, or at least, in 3/5 routes.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 13th, 2009, 4:12 am

that one guy wrote:I refuse to admit that ending exists. Besides, he always has Ciel fawning over him, or at least, in 3/5 routes.

Ok which one do you mean Ciel's good ending or the Kagetsu Tohya story I kind of mentioned earlier?
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby that one guy » February 13th, 2009, 5:03 am

Ciel good ending.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » February 13th, 2009, 5:48 am

People failed to restrict themselves to the Arc route in the previous thread, so padlock powerup.

Return to Tsukihime Chat