my random thoughts after playing Ciel route (spoilers)

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

my random thoughts after playing Ciel route (spoilers)

Unread postby allanh » February 11th, 2009, 2:30 pm

another day, another route.

I just completed Ciel route today.

It is a pretty fun route and I kind of enjoyed it. Here are some of my random thoughts:

1. Tsukihime is definitely a parody to FSN (or vice versa). There are just too many similarities between this route to UBW in FSN, as in Arcueit/Fate. As in UBW, Shiki has to face his own darker inner self (Roa) and ultimately fight himself (stabbing himself in this case). And the Good Ending is always similar to UBW where all girls stayed with him :D

2. It is just so hilarious that Shiki has a "hard-on" for an entire day due to Roa's possession lol. And the only way to fix it was by Ciel giving him an oral..... rofl

3. Ciel is just so much cuter in this route than Arcuied's route. I wish I had a "senpai" like that in my school days.

4. Can someone explain the True Ending? I don't quite get it. Shiki's younger self told him in the dream that he would die if he woke up, right? But it seemed hat Shiki survived and was in Ciel's arms when he woke? So did he die in the end?

Finally, I must say that I have invested much less emotion after reading this route comparing to Arcueid's route. Overall, Arcueid just seemed to be a much more tragic character TT.

:D
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby sabata2 » February 11th, 2009, 4:52 pm

1 Definitely Vice Versa, looking at the release dates.

3 Personally I prefer the Cold person she was in Arc's Route. The soft person she is in her route just doesn't seem to fit her.

4 Pretty sure that at that point it was his choice as to if he wanted to return to consciousness or not. I remember being confused too but my best guess is that Shiki's Vampire body allowed him to survive. And to the best of my knowledge he survived the entire ordeal. Whether or not he had full functionality of his body afterwards or not is something I can't say.

Same here on the emotion part.
sabata2
Addict

Re: my random thoughts after playing Ciel route (spoilers)

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 11th, 2009, 4:58 pm

allanh wrote:another day, another route.

I just completed Ciel route today.

It is a pretty fun route and I kind of enjoyed it. Here are some of my random thoughts:

1. Tsukihime is definitely a parody to FSN (or vice versa). There are just too many similarities between this route to UBW in FSN, as in Arcueit/Fate. As in UBW, Shiki has to face his own darker inner self (Roa) and ultimately fight himself (stabbing himself in this case). And the Good Ending is always similar to UBW where all girls stayed with him :D

2. It is just so hilarious that Shiki has a "hard-on" for an entire day due to Roa's possession lol. And the only way to fix it was by Ciel giving him an oral..... rofl

3. Ciel is just so much cuter in this route than Arcuied's route. I wish I had a "senpai" like that in my school days.

4. Can someone explain the True Ending? I don't quite get it. Shiki's younger self told him in the dream that he would die if he woke up, right? But it seemed hat Shiki survived and was in Ciel's arms when he woke? So did he die in the end?

Finally, I must say that I have invested much less emotion after reading this route comparing to Arcueid's route. Overall, Arcueid just seemed to be a much more tragic character TT.

:D

I liked Ciel alot, I think her and Arc have about the same emotional level investment. Maybe Ciel abit more. Also, how exactly is Arc more tragic? Sure, all of her race is dead(Slightly because of her lol), and she's doomed to walk forever killing Apostles. Sad, I'll admit.

Ciel: Killed her own family, friends, ectera. Raped day in and day out. Killed many times a day for years. Unable to die also. Ciel has alot more tragic things going on though...

Also, dude, this is yer problem with reading F/SN first. Yer comparing a work that produced long before Fate / Stay Night. Now the concept of Fate / Stay Night may be older, but only the concept, so Tsukihime really came first in that department.

I also don't like you calling the much darker, and more serious Tsukihime a "Parody"

Just wait till the last three routes. Tragedy has not even been show yet.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » February 11th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Ciel is great indeed.

The thing with Shiki/little Shiki was, as has been shown throughout the route, that the one with the stronger will to prevail will. This is just how it came to fruition. If Shiki was weak willed, he would have accepted the dream world and "lived" that lie, while his actual body died. But, because he was shown to have a strong will, he saw past the illusions and realized that it wouldn't be worth it to live the lie. So, he accepted that he was dead. However....well, it should make more sense pretty soon as to why he couldn't die.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Re: my random thoughts after playing Ciel route (spoilers)

Unread postby allanh » February 11th, 2009, 11:12 pm

Mkilbride wrote:I liked Ciel alot, I think her and Arc have about the same emotional level investment. Maybe Ciel abit more. Also, how exactly is Arc more tragic? Sure, all of her race is dead(Slightly because of her lol), and she's doomed to walk forever killing Apostles. Sad, I'll admit.

Ciel: Killed her own family, friends, ectera. Raped day in and day out. Killed many times a day for years. Unable to die also. Ciel has alot more tragic things going on though...

Also, dude, this is yer problem with reading F/SN first. Yer comparing a work that produced long before Fate / Stay Night. Now the concept of Fate / Stay Night may be older, but only the concept, so Tsukihime really came first in that department.

I also don't like you calling the much darker, and more serious Tsukihime a "Parody"

Just wait till the last three routes. Tragedy has not even been show yet.

1. I think Arcuied route is more tragic because despite her able to live on, she can't stay with Shiki in the True End.
2. Ciel-Roa didn't get raped. She went out and rape others as a vampire.
3. I knew Tsukihime came first, that's why I said "vice versa". Which one came first wasn't really my point. What I was saying is that there are similarities between UBW and Ciel route.
4. All the "darker" components of Tsukihime have been offset by their relatively brighter endings cf FSN.
5. Yep, I am looking forward to finishing off the game. Heard about how some of the heroines die in those routes :( Luckily, they seem to be more "minor" heroines compared with Arcuied or Ciel so hopefully I won't lose as much sleep as I did with Saber in FSN when they disappear.
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby allanh » February 11th, 2009, 11:12 pm

that one guy wrote:Ciel is great indeed.

The thing with Shiki/little Shiki was, as has been shown throughout the route, that the one with the stronger will to prevail will. This is just how it came to fruition. If Shiki was weak willed, he would have accepted the dream world and "lived" that lie, while his actual body died. But, because he was shown to have a strong will, he saw past the illusions and realized that it wouldn't be worth it to live the lie. So, he accepted that he was dead. However....well, it should make more sense pretty soon as to why he couldn't die.

Good to know that he is indeed alive :) I am relieved
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 11th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Can edit posts, don't need to double lol.

Lol, she went out to rape others? Didn't read that too well, did ya? Anyone else want to explain to him where he's mixed that point up?:P It's because of ROA's influence that she had sex with those people, not by her will. "cf FSN"? Not sure what that means...but all the routes in Fate / Stay Night end pretty happily lol.(Even Fate, unless you don't understand how love works)

Minor Heroines? LOL. I have never heard them called that before. You'll totally be shocked and saddened. (Ahika's route alone is considered to be one of the most story-line filled of all the Routes, not minor at all!)
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby allanh » February 11th, 2009, 11:25 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Can edit posts, don't need to double lol.

Lol, she went out to rape others? Didn't read that too well, did ya? Anyone else want to explain to him where he's mixed that point up?:P It's because of ROA's influence that she had sex with those people, not by her will. "cf FSN"? Not sure what that means...but all the routes in Fate / Stay Night end pretty happily lol.(Even Fate, unless you don't understand how love works)

Minor Heroines? LOL. I have never heard them called that before. You'll totally be shocked and saddened. (Ahika's route alone is considered to be one of the most story-line filled of all the Routes, not minor at all!)

read again, I said Ciel/Roa (i.e. their combo being).

c.f= compared with

As for how love works, it's in the eyes of beholder.
---------------------------

Mkilbride, while I do appreciate you voicing your opinions, I think the tone of your posts sound patronizing (not just to me, but in general) and you seem to regard your opinions as the absolute truth. You got to realise that there are no absolute answers or right/wrong in a imaginary universe.
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kikuchi » February 12th, 2009, 5:50 am

Hm, there's only main Heroine (like Saber and Arcueid), but there's no minor heroine. :P By main heroine I meant is the heroine who is most often affiliated, or referred to as the icon of the game.

Minor heroine is for someone who doesn't have a route, like Sacchin. ;P (yeah, isn't it sad, Sacchin?)

Arcueid and Ciel are near-side heroines, while Akiha, Hisui, and Kohaku and far-side heroines. They have a different sense of importance. You'll get what I mean when you read Teach Me Ciel-sensei! after finishing Ciel Route. Or even better, after you finished the game. :)
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Miraploy » February 12th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Yes it's really strange hearing you say parody. But the route is truly pretty great.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » February 13th, 2009, 5:47 am

People failed to restrict themselves to the Arc route in the previous thread, so padlock powerup.

Return to Tsukihime Chat