Final random thoughts on Tsukihime (spoilers)

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Altima of the Gates » February 23rd, 2009, 12:03 am

Mkilbride wrote:
Altima of the Gates wrote:
Atriel wrote:[quote="Mkilbride"]Shirou is like a little kid in candy land and won't accept reality. Shiki is a realist, he lives life, knowing how things are, and he'll do whats right.


Quoted for truth!

Hahaha. :twisted:
At least Shirou isn't a freeloading, closet sociopath with a repressed guro fetish. :roll: Sheesh.



Much better than someone who INHERITED an estate...oh wait! BOTH DID, on the other hand, there was actual stress for Ahika & Shiki due to their families, but none for Shirou. He basically got a mansion for free. Shirou also has a maid(Sakura), of whom he isn't reserved about asking things for(Shiki to Hisui).

I see Shirou as the freeloader, but hey, I'm so nice, who cares?

I see Shiki as the guy who actually cares he is freeloading - He talks several times about moving out, but Ahika won't let him.(He also left her when they were children, of which he feels guilty about, and even Ahika mentioned was sad about this, and was happy for him to be there)

Shirou isn't a sociopath? I disagree.(Self destructive nature, disregard for his and others lifes at times, willing to do whatever he wants, regardless of the bad after-effects)[/quote]

Oh really, well how about the fact that just even though he did get that estate from Kiritsugu, he worked for pretty much everything else. Got a job, and even worked part time to maintain Raiga's (Taiga's grandfather) bike, among other odd jobs. Also, of course he wouldn't be able to afford to pay a mortgage at that age, so what's your point? Makes his own food, pays for his own food, pays for other people's food. The payments on the house are probably the only things he doesn't directly pay for, and yet he does favors that could be used to back those up for the family that does pay for that.

About Sakura, well, Sakura is there because she wants to be, its not even an obligation. More like a housewife than a maid, since OH WAIT...he still does his own chores, makes his own food, and OMG he has a job! Really, people who say he's spoiled on Sakura are totally wrong, since they both share the work around the house. Haven't seen him force anything onto her. Really, Shirou is more like the maid(butler) sometimes. Shirou, a freeloader? Pfft.

Also, OH YES! Shiki is sad about being a freeloader, well, there are ways to alleviate that guilt Shiki, pick up a dustpan and do something sometimes. He's shown he can cook at least somewhat, well, do that once in a blue moon. There is also getting himself a job so that he isn't handed out money like a middle-schooler (seriously? an allowance? come on). Besides, he wants to move out on the girl who he left alone for years because he feels guilty freeloading? Well you know Shiki, getting a job and paying rent, or if you really feel you have to move out, getting a job and saving your money so you can move out, seems like the intelligent thing to do.

On the sociopath comment, I'm gonna have to agree to disagree.

Ah, such stimulating conversation!

@Inverted: Sorry about that. But, well, I haven't really seen much objectivity here.
User avatar
Altima of the Gates
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 36
Joined: December 1st, 2008, 4:06 am

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 23rd, 2009, 2:07 am

Actually there were times he wanted to work, but Akiha wouldn't allow it since she thinks it's beneath him to work like a normal high schooler, because he's a Tohno and all. Besides because of her stern aditude towards him he's pretty much too scared to actually try and find work. Although if he was given the chance in the first place I'm sure he'd be as good as Shirou for that matter.

As for cooking he wanted to do something like that, but for some odd reason Kohaku managed to find a way to where she still cooks for him.
It's probably how she slips her "special medicine" into his food.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Unread postby Shourai » February 23rd, 2009, 7:01 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Actually there were times he wanted to work, but Akiha wouldn't allow it since she thinks it's beneath him to work like a normal high schooler, because he's a Tohno and all. Besides because of her stern aditude towards him he's pretty much too scared to actually try and find work. Although if he was given the chance in the first place I'm sure he'd be as good as Shirou for that matter.
Not quite. Unlike Shirou, he isn't so fit at all. What if his condition gets worse in the middle of work?:P
Shourai
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 218
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 8:30 am

Unread postby Mazyrian » February 23rd, 2009, 1:01 pm

Spoiler for Melty Blood:
In one of the ends, Shiki does start to work, selling flowers. Akiha is not very amused.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
User avatar
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 259
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Unread postby kaerstan01 » February 24th, 2009, 6:34 pm

Altima of the Gates wrote:Oh really, well how about the fact that just even though he did get that estate from Kiritsugu, he worked for pretty much everything else. Got a job, and even worked part time to maintain Raiga's (Taiga's grandfather) bike, among other odd jobs. Also, of course he wouldn't be able to afford to pay a mortgage at that age, so what's your point? Makes his own food, pays for his own food, pays for other people's food. The payments on the house are probably the only things he doesn't directly pay for, and yet he does favors that could be used to back those up for the family that does pay for that.

About Sakura, well, Sakura is there because she wants to be, its not even an obligation. More like a housewife than a maid, since OH WAIT...he still does his own chores, makes his own food, and OMG he has a job! Really, people who say he's spoiled on Sakura are totally wrong, since they both share the work around the house. Haven't seen him force anything onto her. Really, Shirou is more like the maid(butler) sometimes. Shirou, a freeloader? Pfft.

Also, OH YES! Shiki is sad about being a freeloader, well, there are ways to alleviate that guilt Shiki, pick up a dustpan and do something sometimes. He's shown he can cook at least somewhat, well, do that once in a blue moon. There is also getting himself a job so that he isn't handed out money like a middle-schooler (seriously? an allowance? come on). Besides, he wants to move out on the girl who he left alone for years because he feels guilty freeloading? Well you know Shiki, getting a job and paying rent, or if you really feel you have to move out, getting a job and saving your money so you can move out, seems like the intelligent thing to do.

On the sociopath comment, I'm gonna have to agree to disagree.

Ah, such stimulating conversation!

meh, shirou's acts are not just based on pure responsibilty but also, he got this mentality that doing people a "favor" is also, an act of heroism. he "loves" caring and helping others to the point that he wont even care whether or not he is being used or abused by them. heck, i'll bet that he doesnt even care if he even gets his pay check or not for doing those jobs. imo, people like him would only appear in an anime or in movies(even spiderman wouldnt go that far) :lol:

hes like a martyr! a saint! a hero of justice! and an idiot! kekeke :o
guys like him are born only once in a thousand years... yes... we should be proud of him... :lol: :lol:



About shiki, you wouldnt expect him to find a "suitable" part time job in just two weeks(2 weeks per heroin) when he just moved into the tohno mansion do you? and imo, he got "really busy" on some things after hes transfer, like having an anemic attack, vampire hunting at night, an anemic attack, eating curry with sempai, an anemic attack, being drugged to death, an anemic attack, going mad paranoid $hit, an anemic attack, raping the maids and did i mention an anemic attack?

how the fk can you do some house hold chores when there's someone spouting words at you like "but you are my master..." and if touched, expresses such a cute wonderful reaction that is sooo moe it would make you wanna rape her right there and then, and end up as a criminal.

how can you do some cooking if somebody else can make some world class cuisine that could be possibly be on par with the dishes made by Liu Mao-hsing that should also taste so damn fking good it would make you feel like floating in heaven, but can also mean that your being drugged

and here we have akiha. as we all know, fsn girls are like angels(yes! even the yandere psychopath sakura) compared to the ill tempered, crazy, possessive, demon bitches of tsukihime.
Akiha's one of the good examples of this trope. Our protagonists cute and loving step imouto who is also an ojousama and the head of the tohno household which is also apparently, a very influential and powerful family. she's the law and the rule of the house. She does not want shiki, her beloved freeloading, ladies man and a sorry excuse for a brother to strain himself(coz of his poor health), let alone find a part time job, as it would be a disgrace to let the eldest son of the tohno family to be seen working his ass to get some extra cash. and if ever shiki persists on doing so, akiha would be pissed... she might even stop feeding shiki for a week. and a pissed off akiha is like a nightmare worse than kouma

so for shiki, its not a matter of trying to be useful, its just a matter of surviving :P

and he had to be lazy for the sake of tsukihime's plot developement. if he were too busy doing part time jobs like some generic male lead in a dating sim, god knows how the story would've turned out, heck he'd might even get a different harem from his working place lol


he also got this anemia that he deliberately used as an excuse to skip his math class so that he could go and flirt with some chic

his an anemic bastard that can move so fast that geeks would ask about his power level, kill daa's with a fruit knife making them look like a joke and can rape "anyone" that is female. yes. anyone.

well atleast his character, personality wise is more realistic that you wont have any problems relating with him at all.

so in conclusion, Tsukihime had the worst male protagonist ever to hit a VN just because he cant do shit like gardening and whatnot



and i am such an idiot for wasting my precious time, typing this $hit
OMGz teh geek!!! GAL will yah? ;p
User avatar
kaerstan01
Addict
 
Posts: 106
Joined: August 13th, 2008, 4:10 pm
Location: Philippines

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 26th, 2009, 1:45 pm

kaerstan01 wrote:so in conclusion, Tsukihime had the worst male protagonist ever to hit a VN just because he cant do shit like gardening and whatnot


i think you are looking at the wrong qualities which make a good protagonist..you should see it as an overall.people may vary in opinion on which 1 between shirou and shiki is better, but saying shiki is the worst? dont think so..besides, the story is made that way.you dont need to question the what if's and what not's of the plot unless its really messed up(contrasting the other part)..no character is the perfect 1 and ach have their own shortcomings..but its not as far as saying that he's the worst..heck, i like him more than shirou..
about akiha, maybe you dont like her, but there will be fans of her..her tsundere attitude makes her special..only time where i see her OVERLY possesive is in kohaku's route and that's that..her qualities make her likable to some and not so favourable to others..you cant blame her for her attitude since reasons are clear..
since i'm rambling, feel free to ignore me.. :lol:
-Shiki-
Addict
 
Posts: 110
Joined: October 16th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron