Final random thoughts on Tsukihime (spoilers)

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby NonExistence » February 10th, 2009, 3:50 am

that one guy wrote:
Story is nowhere near the same. Shirou has almost endless joy in most routes. Pretty much every Route of Tsukihime leaves you sad in some way, some girl has a horrible life if you choose another girl, ect. This does not happen in Fate / Stay Night.(Sakura does not count, because the HGW was over and she'd be mostly useless after all that to Zouken)

Something I was thinking about, Shiki really ****s up their lives. I mean, Ciel is the only one who was messed up before and might lead a messed up life after without Shiki. Arc? She's be just fine going about her business. Akiha? She'd continue leading her life as it was. Hisui? Same deal. Kohaku? Well...we all know about Kohaku. Her life sucks regardless. And, assuming that Kohakus route isn't cannon, Ciels dream comes true regardless. All is well for most of them in all the routes.

... but in the end they're all in love?... uh... yeah, let's go w/ that. :D

but seriously, ****s up their lives? he just happened to break the stagnation they were ALL in. arcueid would've been bound to an eternity of being an emotionless executor. teaching her emotions is ****ing up her life now? ciel will never die and always be seen as a monstrosity. he changed that. akiha kept bearing the pain of having to share half her life, and was approaching her limit. how is that leading her life as it was? hisui and kohaku had to play each other's roles. they weren't allowed to be themselves. they weren't allowed to express their true selves. shiki fixes that. tell me how in ANY of those cases is shiki ****ing up ANYONE'S life.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby that one guy » February 10th, 2009, 4:08 am

NonExistence wrote:but seriously, ****s up their lives? he just happened to break the stagnation they were ALL in. arcueid would've been bound to an eternity of being an emotionless executor. teaching her emotions is ****ing up her life now? ciel will never die and always be seen as a monstrosity. he changed that. akiha kept bearing the pain of having to share half her life, and was approaching her limit. how is that leading her life as it was? hisui and kohaku had to play each other's roles. they weren't allowed to be themselves. they weren't allowed to express their true selves. shiki fixes that. tell me how in ANY of those cases is shiki ****ing up ANYONE'S life.

Arc: Fine the way she was, no she's spending an eternity asleep. And no, don't bring up the good end. It made no sense at all. Give it some rhyme or reason, then we'll talk.

Ciel: Yeah, she's about the only person who benefits.

Akiha: No Shiki, no half life.

Hisui did that to herself, she could have reverted when she wanted to, she just didn't 'cause she thought Kohaku would An Hero on her. Guess what? She did anyway(in her route at least)

Kohaku, without Shiki, wouldn't have spent her entire life plotting against the Tohnos and would have just been...well, even weirder I'll admit, but shewouldn't realize that.
Last edited by that one guy on February 10th, 2009, 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 10th, 2009, 4:23 am

Everyone looses something that made them who they are, but gains something that makes them so much better.

What's wrong with that?
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby NonExistence » February 10th, 2009, 4:26 am

all right, let's do a few addendums to my points then:

arc: eternity emotionlessly fighting dead apostles or eternity dreaming good dreams. compare.
ciel: it's already settled, so...
akiha: without shiki she'd be DEAD. don't forget, SHIKI went berserk and would've killed akiha if shiki didn't turn into a human shield for her.
hisui: she did AFTER kohaku was dead (being encouraged by shiki to do so). in doing so, kohaku died, but at least hisui's life got un-****ed, which is the focus of what we're currently talking about.
kohaku: but it all worked out, didn't it? she found her true happiness, and due to shiki, no less. even if TECHNICALLY shiki made her the schemer, he managed to fix it.

the main emphasis i'm trying to make is that in the end, their lives got un-****ed. because they were all ****ed to begin with.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 10th, 2009, 4:31 am

NonExistence wrote:all right, let's do a few addendums to my points then:

arc: eternity emotionlessly fighting dead apostles or eternity dreaming good dreams. compare.
ciel: it's already settled, so...
akiha: without shiki she'd be DEAD. don't forget, SHIKI went berserk and would've killed akiha if shiki didn't turn into a human shield for her.
hisui: she did AFTER kohaku was dead (being encouraged by shiki to do so). in doing so, kohaku died, but at least hisui's life got un-****ed, which is the focus of what we're currently talking about.
kohaku: but it all worked out, didn't it? she found her true happiness, and due to shiki, no less. even if TECHNICALLY shiki made her the schemer, he managed to fix it.

the main emphasis i'm trying to make is that in the end, their lives got un-****ed. because they were all ****ed to begin with.

Agreed. If you think any of them were not-fucked to begin with...lol. Like said, Arc would live emotionlessly forever, Ciel would live forever, Ahika would be dead, Hisui would probably become Emo, and Kohaku, well, even in her ending route, I still feel so incredibly sad.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Crest » February 10th, 2009, 4:35 am

If we're gonna do this blame game thing I'd like to point out that Arc's, and Ciel's problems were created by Roa. All the other routes you can blame Makihisa and SHIKI/Roa, I don't remember if SHIKI inverted because of Roa or not. Personally I like good ends, if only because its a "what if" scenario that makes the true end a little easier to bear.
Crest
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby that one guy » February 10th, 2009, 4:37 am

Hisui is emo anyway. Yes, they were all pretty messed up, but besides Ciel*who we can agree was pretty much boned without Shiki* and maybe Akiha*couldn't she steal away SHIKI's life, or did she not have that power develop yet?* the rest of them would have been*objectively* better off. Kohaku probably wouldn't act like Hisui, and would have just been a doll. Admiteddly, thats a shity life, but she wouldn't know it. Hisui would be emo regardless, but she wouldn't be AS emo. Arc, I honestly think her life would have been better. If you disagree, good for you. Not gonna argue that point.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 10th, 2009, 5:09 am

You know it's the first time I ever heard that Hisui was emo to being with. Here I thought it was Shiki that was supposedly emo... oh wait I'm thinking of the thing that doesn't exisit ad not the Visual novel there.

In any case back to the comparison for Arc and Saber I can think of a few. One they are both royalty, they're blonde, thend to be socialy noobular, have an enemy that they have yet to defeat, and they both tend to leave at the end of thier storyline.

As for the good ending it's more like Arc wanted to stick around to do more of those so called pointless things that she promised Shiki.

Now for Akiha well if Shiki wasn't there to begin with I think she wouldn't of been around at all. Also, I'm sure Shiki would never of had a reason to be a the Tohno mansion to begin with if he wasn't taken in from the very beginning.

Now for Kohaku and Hisui. Well Kohaku was treated as nothing more then a doll, but Hisui wanted to change that and decided that they should switch places. I don't think this was just to trick Shiki, but more to let Kohaku live a happy life. As for Hisui she would remain in the role that Kohaku had until her older sister found true happiness. Although in Hisui's endings Kohaku either becomes An Hero, but forces Hisui to act like herself once more. The other ending is where Kohaku loses her memories and takes the name Nanaya, but both turn out to be a bit content if I remeber correctly.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby that one guy » February 10th, 2009, 6:51 am

Hisui didn't want to switch, Kohaku did. Hisui wanted to switch back ASAP, but she was afraid of what would happen.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » February 10th, 2009, 7:29 am

that one guy wrote:
Hisui didn't want to switch, Kohaku did. Hisui wanted to switch back ASAP, but she was afraid of what would happen.

The thread is already spoiler-tagged, no need to spoiler-tag text. Anyway, my memory may start failing me (mainly now, since its 12:28am... I was about to get some sleep but...) but, I think that Hisui was depressed because she realized that Kohaku was a sex-doll, thus started acting somewhat like Kohaku, then Kohaku said "a'ight, I'll take yer place until ya feel better" (or something along those lines). Time later Hisui realized that Kohaku had found some sort of happiness while playing the role of the happy-camper, thus decided to leave it for her.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby that one guy » February 10th, 2009, 8:49 pm

That's pretty much right, but you forgot the part where Hisui freaked out and wanted to go back to being herself as soon as she could. Then when she saw Kohaku was happy, she was like "OK, if I go back everything's gonna be ****ed....I hate my life."
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » February 10th, 2009, 9:55 pm

Ahem... i was perfectly fine without the voice acting. I don't mean that it's better that way, but for Tsukihime it worked. And very well.

Mkilbride wrote:Shirou is like a little kid in candy land and won't accept reality. Shiki is a realist, he lives life, knowing how things are, and he'll do whats right.

Quoted for truth!
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby I1nk » February 15th, 2009, 10:06 pm

Well I been thinking how did Shiki
Stab himself in the neck to kill the blood from the bite. Could he even see the lines on his neck without a mirror? or does he just know where these lines are without looking? Also since he knew he could kill the blood, but thought he had a little split personality, why did he not kill that other personality by stabbing himself in the brain?

I loved how
Ciel is somewhat caring towards Shiki in Arc route, but still have that hint of uncaring. Like when she said I will not help you from now on. Also how she would attack once he and Arc died since it would give her an opening, but she also acts like she cares (I do not believe this is the exact words, but I think its close). I love that, I thought it was funny.

Only done a few so far.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Altima of the Gates » February 21st, 2009, 2:44 am

Atriel wrote:
Mkilbride wrote:Shirou is like a little kid in candy land and won't accept reality. Shiki is a realist, he lives life, knowing how things are, and he'll do whats right.

Quoted for truth!

Hahaha. :twisted:
At least Shirou isn't a freeloading, closet sociopath with a repressed guro fetish. :roll: Sheesh.
Altima of the Gates
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 21st, 2009, 4:14 am

Altima of the Gates wrote:
Atriel wrote:

Quoted for truth!

At least Shirou isn't a freeloading, closet sociopath with a repressed guro fetish. :roll: Sheesh.

Yeah
but wasn't that Roa/SHIKI's fetish tat transfered into Tohno Shiki every now and again?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 21st, 2009, 6:46 am

Atriel wrote:

Quoted for truth!

Much better than someone who INHERITED an estate...oh wait! BOTH DID, on the other hand, there was actual stress for Ahika & Shiki due to their families, but none for Shirou. He basically got a mansion for free. Shirou also has a maid(Sakura), of whom he isn't reserved about asking things for(Shiki to Hisui).

I see Shirou as the freeloader, but hey, I'm so nice, who cares?

I see Shiki as the guy who actually cares he is freeloading - He talks several times about moving out, but Ahika won't let him.(He also left her when they were children, of which he feels guilty about, and even Ahika mentioned was sad about this, and was happy for him to be there)

Shirou isn't a sociopath? I disagree.(Self destructive nature, disregard for his and others lifes at times, willing to do whatever he wants, regardless of the bad after-effects)
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Inverted » February 21st, 2009, 12:56 pm

Both of you are biased . Both of You're opinions are being clouded by your emotions. This discussion wont lead anywhere.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby NonExistence » February 21st, 2009, 7:50 pm

it never does. we still do it though, just because it's damned fun.
Atriel wrote:

Quoted for truth!

oh really? well then:
at least shiki isn't a sexist self-righteous freak whose goal in life is to be a superhero even though he's in FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL.

i apologize. it was just too tempting. i just HAD to join in.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » February 22nd, 2009, 2:11 am

Let's just stop that <_<
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby kaerstan01 » February 22nd, 2009, 7:41 am

lies i say... LIES!!!!!!!! :twisted:

btw, a LOL'ed at some posts :lol: :lol: :lol:
OMGz teh geek!!! GAL will yah? ;p
kaerstan01