Tsukihime vs FSN

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby TheRedArcher » February 27th, 2009, 9:10 pm

-Shiki- wrote:
TheRedArcher wrote:
Mkilbride wrote:Shiki is a major bonus to Tsukihime. Without him, it just wouldn't be good. He's the epitome of what all men should try to be. :P He's a mans man, man.

Not only is he cool, but he has the aura of a man who truly DESERVES respect. He is someone who can encompass the truth. It is true that he is even more indifferent than Shiki, but the thing is I cannot read Souichirou's mind. He does not fluctuate. His emotions are calm. I never sense any anger or happiness from him, but that makes him seem like something more than a human, he seems closer to a Buddha. I have a feeling that his mind does not focus on either happiness or pain. I don't know the troubles that he had and I don't need to. I like how he can hide his past because the past is truly insignificant to him. A man should not look into the past too often but should instead focus on the present and future.

i agree that kuzuki certainly is a great man i many aspects..but are your perception on him true?we do not know what is going on in his mind so its wrong to directly judge his charater directly..as for the general traits, that we can tell..how do you know he ignores his past?
to be fully aware of yourself, u need to live life NOW and with guidance from the PAST, pave your way to the FUTURE..a man who forgets his past may seem cool to some, but i think that kind of person actually runs from his past which do not depict the image of a true man..as of Shiki, he deals with his life and interprets it logically whie figuring the best action.. i see this as more logical in your life..
what i'm juz trying to say is, eventhough kuzuki seems like the one closest to THE ultimate man, what you cant judge, dont assume..to me, it looks like he's juz trying to use his abilities because he can do it..not that he's interested..

It's true that I don't know his intentions. But it is what I am interpreting from his actions. Which is why he looks like he is a true man to ME. It is true that there is no definite proof that he ignores the past, but there are a few examples of where he does not care for the past of others. An example would be Caster. I am making the ASSUMPTION that he does not care for Caster's past because he does not care for the past in general. He also doesn't disregard the past, but I think he just doesn't look too much into it, only when it really matters. Although, these are ASSUMPTIONS because I don't know what is really going on in his head. For that last part, I think Kuzuki is using his abilities for Caster and not for the reason that he can just do it. But it is true that it may seem that he does it just for that because he seems very indifferent towards many things.
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby Shourai » February 28th, 2009, 12:56 am

TheRedArcher wrote: For that last part, I think Kuzuki is using his abilities for Caster and not for the reason that he can just do it. But it is true that it may seem that he does it just for that because he seems very indifferent towards many things.
Yes, Kuzuki does it for Caster. He has no interest in the Heaven's Feel nor the Holy Grail. He just did it because Caster asked it.

No man in Tsukihime can be close to compare with that man, eh? 8)
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 28th, 2009, 5:48 am

he does help caster because he can do it with his skills..nothing to do with his ideals or what..someone ask, he says 'fine..lets go'..no questions ask..juz like an assasin..or, he IS an assasin :lol:
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 28th, 2009, 5:49 am

-Shiki- wrote:he does help caster because he can do it with his skills..nothing to do with his ideals or what..someone ask, he says 'fine..lets go'..no questions ask..juz like an assasin..or, he IS an assasin :lol:

It's stated several times in Fate / Stay Night, that the reason he helps people is because he feels guilt over his past. This is mentioned alot, actually, as his primary reason. He doesn't feel he can atone, but wants to try at least.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 28th, 2009, 6:20 am

Mkilbride wrote:
-Shiki- wrote:he does help caster because he can do it with his skills..nothing to do with his ideals or what..someone ask, he says 'fine..lets go'..no questions ask..juz like an assasin..or, he IS an assasin :lol:

It's stated several times in Fate / Stay Night, that the reason he helps people is because he feels guilt over his past. This is mentioned alot, actually, as his primary reason. He doesn't feel he can atone, but wants to try at least.

OMG..thats so like shirou already.. :shock:
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby TheRedArcher » February 28th, 2009, 7:43 am

While true that you don't really know what is going on in Kuzuki's head or know the reason why he is doing what he is doing. You have to keep in my WHY he would even help for Caster.
You also have to keep in mind why he would go up against Archer in the UBW arc in FSN. I think that moment was pretty sad and it was one of the few moments that you see a truly caring side of Kuzuki. But he is still hiding it through a mask of indifference.
I think that moment was one of the better moments in FSN but I never hear that get mentioned a lot. :(
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby Shourai » February 28th, 2009, 8:26 am

Mkilbride wrote:It's stated several times in Fate / Stay Night, that the reason he helps people is because he feels guilt over his past. This is mentioned alot, actually, as his primary reason. He doesn't feel he can atone, but wants to try at least.
He doesn't want to atone. Just escape / sever ties with his past.
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 28th, 2009, 1:00 pm

TheRedArcher wrote:

While true that you don't really know what is going on in Kuzuki's head or know the reason why he is doing what he is doing. You have to keep in my WHY he would even help for Caster.
You also have to keep in mind why he would go up against Archer in the UBW arc in FSN. I think that moment was pretty sad and it was one of the few moments that you see a truly caring side of Kuzuki. But he is still hiding it through a mask of indifference.
I think that moment was one of the better moments in FSN but I never hear that get mentioned a lot. :(

still,we cant judge his reason to face archer..many factors contribute..firstly, he cant escape already..what you epect him to do?the only path for a person with personality to choose is confront his own death..for certain, we wont know the actual reason but it should be a mix between his loyalty to caster and his own personality..caring might be a little off but who knows..

and for what shourai said, that's what i meant by him runnng away from his past.. :lol:
Last edited by -Shiki- on February 28th, 2009, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Vhailor » February 28th, 2009, 4:18 pm

Why Kuzuki would face Archer? Many reasons are suspected but there is one in particular known by only a few.

Aie! Stop throwing stones, plz! It hurts!
Vhailor
Addict

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 28th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Vhailor wrote:Why Kuzuki would face Archer? Many reasons are suspected but there is one in particular known by only a few.

Aie! Stop throwing stones, plz! It hurts!

LOLed at that for a while..archer should be holding a cup of tea too..XD..
somehow,stones seem too light to be thrown..maybe throwing mad cats would be nice..
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Michael Nanaya » March 28th, 2009, 12:14 am

I liked them both a lot but I still prefer Tsukihime.

All of the characters in both of them are awesome to me, even Ciel (don't flame me plz, I just didn't like her all that much in the beggining).
In FSN that was also the case but some characters had less strength than in Tsukihime. And all the heroines in Tsuki had a very complete storyline, and in FSN (only existing 3) the others are overshadowed, I think.

But what I think that really makes me like Tsukihime more (although I think FSN's story is much more detailed and complete) is the fact that Tsuki was more immersive in the way that sometimes I really felt like I was Shiki and the choices I made had an impact on how the game developed.
In FSN Nasu takes you where HE wants you to go.
You have to finish Fate first, then UBW and finally Heaven's Feel. Although I think 3 scenarios is great (and all of them better than the one before IMO), I liked the idea of choosing my own route and the character I liked most in that specific route. I get why he placed one character per route and I respect that. It also doesn't make FSN less awesome that it is, it makes it cool in its own way.
Nasu is my favourite writer of all the books I've read (yes, I consider Visual Novels books).
The fact's that there's two large routes and then subroutes in Tsuki is awesome IMO, and the hability to choose wether what happens with who in that route, is amazing.

Please don't kill me FSN Fans, I still love it :P
Michael Nanaya
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Arayashiki » April 5th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Yeah I Prefer Tsukihime over FSN too, I think the characters seem more real and less generic. I fell in love with the cast of Tsukihime, I did not with FSN, actually the opposite was true, most of the characters I just couldn't stand. It's not very often I cry manly tears, Tsukihime made me do it every route, even for Sacchin. Isn't it sad Sacchin?
I felt the story was more enjoyable, is was more character driven rather than plot driven, and it let me feel like I was making the choices.
So yeah Tsuki>FSN In my opinion
Arayashiki
Might just like this board

Unread postby solopy567 » April 6th, 2009, 3:42 am

Well, I like FSN better. Sion may be my favorite character, but I find FSN to be more.......awesome.
I'm just a sucker for GAR (Archer/ UBW Shirou) so it really gets it for me.
I like the characters better too, and there is more action and I and like the plot better. Tsukihime was fun, but I skipped a route (Ciel) because I find it
easier to like characters from FSN than Tsukihime.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » April 6th, 2009, 6:51 am

You skipped Ciel's arc?! Dude, that's one of the best! There's two great fight scenes, and you learn the truth about Roa/Arc and about Arc's true character. Play it. Now.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Arayashiki » April 6th, 2009, 7:21 am

I didn't like Ciel much as a character, but her route helped me understand Arc better, whom I seriously adore, so it gets some respect points
Arc/Hisui's routes were definately my favourite routes
Arayashiki

Unread postby abscess » April 6th, 2009, 8:47 am

Arayashiki wrote:I didn't like Ciel much as a character, but her route helped me understand Arc better, whom I seriously adore, so it gets some respect points
Arc/Hisui's routes were definately my favourite routes
So, I am not the only one!
I liked Kohaku's too, but in retrospective, it now seems a lot like Hisui's, thus it subtracts some points to it.

But anyway, why so much hate for curry-ass? Sure, she may not be as appealing as almost any other character out there (except for Len), but as a tragic character; she serves the role more than just fine.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Arayashiki » April 6th, 2009, 10:36 am

Well, I wouldn't really call it hate. My dislike stemmed from my personal feelings when I was playing through it.
I was crushed when finishing Arc's route, and almost felt that Ciel was like a rebound-girl. By the time Hisui's route came along, I was content with Shiki being the apparent stud-muffin he is and I adored Hisui too.
I am sure if I replayed 'Curry-ass's' route( played through with a neutral point of view), I would like her more as a character
but until then, I'll keep a slight negative bias towards her^^
Arayashiki

Unread postby Michael Nanaya » April 12th, 2009, 9:09 pm

Curry-ass

lol
Michael Nanaya
Posting more than n00bs

Re: Tsukihime vs FSN

Unread postby solid_1122 » November 9th, 2010, 4:48 am

mjil described Tsukihime great but I dont get the Gothic part. Anyway liked Tsukihime more than Fate Stay Night although they are both great. I liked all the characters in both novel. I would like to read more VN like these although I know that VN like these come once in a lifetime. xD
solid_1122
Totally hardly posted

Re:

Unread postby PhonicDK » December 31st, 2012, 8:19 am

kaerstan01 wrote:fsn was the first one that i played of the two and i learned about tsuki through it. however, fsn was too kiddy (shounen) for my taste, it was like watching an anime w/ a good story line. while on the other hand, Tsuki was more of a seinen genre w/c i preffer more. it really gave me the "Novel" feel that i always get from reading some mystery/suspense books, and it doesn't have "LOL POWERLEVELZ LOL" :lol: :lol: :lol:

shouldnt this be moved at the general type-moon chat? :o

(100th post!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: )

>Shounen and Seinen
>Used as genre rather than demographics
PhonicDK
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat