Tsukihime: Problem with Game

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime: Problem with Game

Unread postby Sarcastic » May 12th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Hello!

Well, I have got quite a big problem with the game speed in Tsukihime (as well as Kagetsu Tohya).

It?s very slow. One until two lines of text are displayed before there is an interruption of 30 seconds (and longer). Then another line is displayed followed by a long interrution again (and so on).

It?s like as if my laptop didn?t have enough resources but that?s not the case (Centrino 1,5 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 64 MB Radeon 9700).

Strange enough this problem doesn?t occur on the PC (which has much worse specs) of my friend. o_O?

Does anyone possibly know how to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Sarcastic
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 14th, 2006, 1:15 pm

1. Do you read Japanese?

2. What speed is the game setting on?

3. Can you manually speed up the advance of lines by clicking on the screen or does the whole game just go unresponsive?

4. Do you have any other Japanese games where this happens?
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Dectilon » May 14th, 2006, 2:20 pm

Did you install/run it through applocale? If not, that might affect performance sometimes.
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sarcastic » May 21st, 2006, 9:35 am

Hello!

Thank you for your replies

@Ryuusoul
1. A bit.

2. Well, I guess the game speed is set to "default". Actually I'm hardly able to change the settings because it takes about at least 30 seconds until the appropriate "window" appears after clicking on an option (frequently it doesn?t appear). x__X

3. The whole game goes unresponsive.

4. Apart from "Kagetsu Tohya" all other Japanese games are running fine (Tsukihime Plus Disc as well o_O?)

@Dectilon
Didn't use Applocale. But isn't it sufficient to set all regional and language settings to Japan/Japanese?
Sarcastic
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » May 22nd, 2006, 9:15 am

Try replacing Tsukihime EXE with the newest version of onscripter:

http://www.nscripter.com/nscr.lzh

nscr.exe.. rename that to tsukihime exe and replace it in Tsukihime?s game folder. This is the newest nscripter build and uses DirectX video acceleration instead of the old software method. It will be MUCH MUCH faster and the interface will be exactly how it should be, plus you will get improved image quality (with the option to force override the refresh rate in your ATI/nVidia drivers - something I HIGHLY recommend unless you have an LCD display).

Use nscr.exe to replace every EXE for every Type-Moon game you have (except Fate Stay Night). The newest nscripter will run much better for you, I am sure.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Sarcastic » May 25th, 2006, 9:08 pm

@TheXev

Thanks a lot for the link.

Umm, just to make sure that I understood you correctly (...), all I need to do is renaming "nscr.exe" to "Tsukihime.exe" and replace the existing .exe by it, right?

I have done so, but strange enough the game seems to be even slowlier now.... x__X T__T

Well, there are several other folders in the "nscr" one. Do they contain something that could help to fix the problem?
Sarcastic
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » May 25th, 2006, 10:16 pm

Yes, just renaming and replacing the exe should be sufficient. As far as I can judge, the rest of the archive contents is for game developers only. Have you tried updating your video drivers?

Unread postby Sarcastic » May 26th, 2006, 10:48 am

Yes, I have. (actually there wasn't any driver update released for my notebook during the last two years, though all other games are running fine (even games like "TES4 ~ Oblivion")

Hmm, do you possibly know if there are problems with certain video driver options or specific hardware (graphics related)?

There must be a reason for "Tsukihime" running decently on an about 8 year old system (P2 350 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 32 MB TNT2), but going unresponsive like hell on my "high-end" one. o_O?
Sarcastic
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » May 26th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Even if your laptop manufacturer did not release a new version, the KB page for Ati's Catalyst Mobility 6.5 reference drivers was last updated 5/24/2006. You might want to try installing that.

Unread postby TheXev » May 27th, 2006, 8:53 am

You can also give Omega's Cat 6.5 drivers a try. He added in inf information for alot of ATI Moble cards. This might be a big help in alot of newer games as well...
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Sarcastic » May 27th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Thanks a lot for the links guys.

Holy shit, I got it working finally. ^__^V
Funny enough it was not because of the hardware or any drivers but a wrong setting in the game options....
Tsukihime didn't select the correct CD/DVD drive itself (for whatever reason). *slaps forehead*
Fortunately I clicked on the CD drive option by accident in all my despair.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your support guys. I really appreciate it. ^_^
Sarcastic
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Elric of Grans » November 10th, 2006, 7:13 am

I have a small problem with the English patched version, so I will piggy-back this thread. I started playing, but now need to head off. I wanted to save, but cannot work out how :p I shall just leave the game open this time, but how so I do this in future? Thanks :D
Elric of Grans
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ShadowrazoR » November 10th, 2006, 7:49 am

Erm... Have you tried the right click menu? If it works as it should, you should be able to save there.
ShadowrazoR
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 10th, 2006, 8:24 am

Next time, read the readme before asking questions please.

Thread Necromancy. Locked.

Return to Tsukihime Chat