No Sound in Tsukihime?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

No Sound in Tsukihime?

Unread postby MetalGravy » May 9th, 2006, 12:06 am

I installed Tsukihime last year and decided to go through the first couple of minutes, just for kicks. While doing so, I noticed that there was no sound. No VAs, no music, no nothing. Is that how the game is, or is there something wrong with my copy/installation?

On an unrelated note, the text moves too frikkin' fast. I suppose I could change the speed in the options, but I couldn't find the setting for it.
MetalGravy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 9th, 2006, 12:22 am

There is music and minimal sound effects. You need the game cd in your drive though.

As far as the text moving fast, you can change the setting by using the 文字速度option (4th one from the right on the top menu).

Choose the top option from the pulldown menu.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby MetalGravy » May 21st, 2006, 2:19 am

Ok, I've got sound now, but the text in the intro still moves way too fast. I tried switching between the options that you mentioned, but the text seemed to move at the same speed, regardless. I guess since it's a cut-scene, the text-speed can't be changed.
MetalGravy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » May 22nd, 2006, 12:25 am

Try starting it in 95 mode or using dosbox or something. That usually slows things like that down :)
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » May 22nd, 2006, 9:19 am

http://revolve.akurasu.net/forum/viewto ... =2044#2044 Try this before anything else. Updating nscripter.exe to the newest release that is built for Windows2k/XP helps alot, and produces better image quality and performance!
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Tsukihime Chat