Table of Contest

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Table of Contest

Unread postby ILPPendant » December 15th, 2008, 11:54 am

So Tokyopop haven't been winning any awards but the Tsukihime English manga seems to have even lower production values. As this thread title suggests, there's a rather obvious typo on the very first page. Not only that but there are numerous grammatical mistakes, and even as an English speaker I can tell the translation is inconsistent. The whole thing is screaming for a subeditor, or indeed any editor, since they haven't even bothered to take the original Japanese text off the page during cleaning (I'm not talking about onomatopoeia and sound effects, over which they at least superimposed English equivalents), preferring instead to just gingerly place the text around it. Did they handle this in Paint or something?

License companies love to BAWWW about how scanlations are killing the industry but fail to realise they brought it on themselves by demanding a fee for an inferior product.
ILPPendant
Might just like this board

Re: Table of Contest

Unread postby nobaka » December 15th, 2008, 5:38 pm

ILPPendant wrote:So Tokyopop haven't been winning any awards but the Tsukihime English manga seems to have even lower production values. As this thread title suggests, there's a rather obvious typo on the very first page. Not only that but there are numerous grammatical mistakes, and even as an English speaker I can tell the translation is inconsistent. The whole thing is screaming for a subeditor, or indeed any editor, since they haven't even bothered to take the original Japanese text off the page during cleaning (I'm not talking about onomatopoeia and sound effects, over which they at least superimposed English equivalents), preferring instead to just gingerly place the text around it. Did they handle this in Paint or something?

License companies love to BAWWW about how scanlations are killing the industry but fail to realise they brought it on themselves by demanding a fee for an inferior product.

They are killing the industry. If there was no higher quality alternative (free or not), they would get the shitty low quality version.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » December 15th, 2008, 8:02 pm

Table of Contest

Companies: 0
Fans: 1
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Return to Tsukihime Chat