Will the translation patch work for Tsukihime ver. 1.2?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Will the translation patch work for Tsukihime ver. 1.2?

Unread postby Origami » March 20th, 2006, 7:11 am

Hi,

Well done on the Tsukihime translation project!

I wanted to ask, will the translation patch for Tsukihime work on Tsukihime version 1.2 (月姫 ver. 1.2)? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

-Origami.
Origami
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » March 20th, 2006, 8:30 am

Since the translation runs on a modified version of ONScripter instead of the original NScripter, it does not matter what version of the original game you have installed. I would suppose that your saved games from the Japanese version should be compatible with ONScripter, but I am not entirely sure.

Unread postby Origami » March 20th, 2006, 9:12 am

Thanks for the clarification!
Origami
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » March 21st, 2006, 5:27 am

Well, the fact of the matter is that save games will not be compatible in the least. Its possible in theory to build a save state converter, but it?d be a lot of work and only a few select people would benefit from it. I think most people will want to start from the beginning anyway and fully experience Tsukihime in English.

Any version of Tsukihime should be compatible, so long as the arc.sar is present and is valid. Really, that is the only file you need to play our patch, as ONscripter replaces nscripter. If you want music you?ll need the CD though, although you can rip the music to mp3/ogg (can?t remember which it is atm) and put it into the game directory as well.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Tsukihime Chat