Shiki and SHIKI (spoilers)

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Shiki and SHIKI (spoilers)

Unread postby BlackTornado » November 19th, 2008, 4:41 am

You all remember a part where Shiki is wandering around the house, looking at the carved names at various spots: Shiki, SHIKI, Akiha, Shiki, Shiki, Akiha, SHIKI, Shiki, SHIKI (or something like that) and thinking that as a girl Akiha must have been weaker than him, so he can carve down more names.

But, it is only in romaji that you can mistake Shiki and SHIKI. In kanji they are very different. 志贵 and 四季 for Shiki and SHIKI. So how Shiki (nanaya) not notice it, and wonder if there was another person by the name of SHIKI?
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby NonExistence » November 19th, 2008, 4:50 am

the manga's explanation is that while shiki wrote his name in kanji, SHIKI wrote his in katakana. so since katakana only offers pronunciation, it's possible for shiki to make that mistake.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 19th, 2008, 7:16 am

Not to mention, he's not exactly in the best of health, as you know. He's probably all confused..ect, you know. I mean, the events that had happened the past few days in his life, must have him not really having brain power to spare.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 20th, 2008, 6:22 am

Shiki Tohno's been away from the Tohno mansion for 8 years, it's only natural for him to forget some details from his stay there in the past.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Inverted » November 20th, 2008, 7:39 am

While Shiki and Akiha write in Kanji ,SHIKI writes in Katakana , How lazy of him.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 20th, 2008, 7:42 am

SHIKI saves like 7 strokes just by writing his name in Katakana. How cheap! :lol:
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 20th, 2008, 5:11 pm

Yes and Shiki himself even mentions it to himself saying, "Man it seems like I really wanted to win against Akiha if I wrote my name in Katanna."
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » November 21st, 2008, 3:47 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it because of the brainwashing the Tohno head did to Shiki? Maybe the lack of concrete childhood memories might have caused him to forget why there's different writings of his name.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby NonExistence » November 23rd, 2008, 4:50 am

that is indeed very possible. it's just that the whole katakana thing is easier to take in than brainwashing a child to the extent where he can't even recognize his own name written wrong.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Return to Tsukihime Chat