Tsukihime Anime [spoilers]

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime Anime [spoilers]

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » March 11th, 2004, 7:11 pm

How many of you have the seen the anime. I've seen all of them (how I got introduced to melty blood ^-^) and think it's quite well done. Much lacks explaination and many points were left out to fit the series into 12 episodes. Here are some random thoughts about it:

1. No explainations... I mean they kind of touched about Hisui and Kohaku, and mention a few things about Nero Chaos (he was way more important in the game then in the anime). Also they leave many things out (because I haven't played Tsukihime I don't know which storyline they followed...) like Satsuki turning into a vampire.

2.Wasted time. This anime was extremely slow with the most of it told in flashbacks etc... Which wasn't that bad but it would have been helpfull with some explainations or more storyline parts earlier in the series.

3. Character Development. This is one of the things I think they did very well. They didn't really explain the characters background, but instead they showed it (which was pretty cool but left the viewer to guess alot of things). Also personally I like how they showed resentment and distrust between characters that left Shiki "out of the loop", although they should of explained some of it before the last few episodes...

4. Also I think the ending was done real well. They really didn't leave it open for ending but it was great seeing Shiki in the classroom waiting for Akiha to return.

Last but not least I really wished the showed Ciel's tatoos before the last episode (There really cool :twisted: ) Also showing it entirely from Shiki's point of view was well done because it left the viewer just as confused as he was...
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby Li-kun » March 11th, 2004, 7:16 pm

Amen.

I personally think that it's kinda crappy that we only get one story line in the anime.
It would've been nice if we got more info, but then we'll lose the story.
In the anime many things aren't told and I think we should respect the creators... and perhaps hope for a sequel or another story line.
Nero looked very weak in the anime but actually he's even stronger then Roa. Nero... weak...? o_O

Wow, you also play Gunbound Neo?
Try to find the hidden ghost in my siggy.
Li-kun
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » March 12th, 2004, 12:32 am

Multiple storylines would have been very cool and could possibly be used in a "sequel" (or maybe a movie/ova). Maybe due to the popularity of Tsukihime they will release ovas that could occur in a "alternate" universe and either tell other storylines in Tsukihime, or possibly (hopefully) stories from the plus disk or Kagetsu Tohya. I know many fans want this so it may come true. After all I'm sure no one expected a Tsukihime anime, well until it was announced that is.

Yes, I do play gunbound although I haven't gotten a chance to play recently due to school, Ninja Gaiden (mostly Ninja Gaiden), and watching various animes... MegaCon was awesome :D
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby TheXev » March 12th, 2004, 3:35 am

Well, after playing through the game, in multiple story lines using EvoSpace?s walkthrough, it really seems to be that the anime is meant to go nowhere beyond where it did go. With Ciel disappearing in the end and Arc dieing at the end (unless her fading away relates to the ending in the game were she lived, but wanted Shiki?s blood so much that she went into a permanent sleep), it doesn?t seem like the series was given anywhere to go (not to mention that the references to Ren?s visit to Shiki are replaced with a weird scene of Shiki having a dream about Arc wanting to suck his blood).

1. No explainations... I mean they kind of touched about Hisui and Kohaku, and mention a few things about Nero Chaos (he was way more important in the game then in the anime). Also they leave many things out (because I haven't played Tsukihime I don't know which storyline they followed...) like Satsuki turning into a vampire.

The obvious story line is Arc?s. Satsuki becoming a vampire only happens in the Ciel story line (from what I can tell), and if she died, she wouldn?t be able to be a character in Melty Blood ReACT. Yes, they did leave out a sickening amount of information on Nero Chaos. It is also a kicker that Hisui and Kohaku aren?t explained in more depth. The only character that had her story properly told was Akiha, and the modifications to fit her into the Arc story line worked out extremely well I think. (the fact that Shiki actually got to go to the carnival and that everyone met, it also showed the part of Akiha from the game that wanted to be close to Shiki.)

2.Wasted time. This anime was extremely slow with the most of it told in flashbacks etc... Which wasn't that bad but it would have been helpfull with some explainations or more storyline parts earlier in the series.

I don?t believe this is true, the way the plot was presented was perfect, in that is forced you to keep watching each episode to learn more (the weeks between episodes drove me up the wall because I hadn?t really played the game).

3. Character Development. This is one of the things I think they did very well. They didn't really explain the characters background, but instead they showed it (which was pretty cool but left the viewer to guess alot of things). Also personally I like how they showed resentment and distrust between characters that left Shiki "out of the loop", although they should of explained some of it before the last few episodes...

Shiki?s personality is a bit cocked in the anime, as we don?t get to see his easy going nature quite as much. Arc?s feelings are also much different in the beginning of the game after Shiki kills her (she?s pretty happy to have tracked him down, and she?s impressed by him, not pissed at him and wanting him to suffer).

Multiple storylines would have been very cool and could possibly be used in a "sequel" (or maybe a movie/ova). Maybe due to the popularity of Tsukihime they will release ovas that could occur in a "alternate" universe and either tell other storylines in Tsukihime, or possibly (hopefully) stories from the plus disk or Kagetsu Tohya. I know many fans want this so it may come true. After all I'm sure no one expected a Tsukihime anime, well until it was announced that is.

The games seem to take care of the alternate universes quite well, apparently (like the alternate extension to Akiha?s true ending, where Shiki is alive). I?d personally like to see Ren?s story told in a short OVA, and then to see a Melty Blood series, which could easily be one full session with the added characters and story line (it?d also make for a kick ass action anime). It will be interesting to see how ReACT will affect Melty Blood?s story line, as it is an expansion, and not a sequel.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Tsukihime Chat