Continuity Error?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Continuity Error?

Unread postby Aetheus » November 3rd, 2008, 11:31 am

I'm not sure if any topics like this have been created (The front page seems to be littered with topics regarding Tsukihime's sequel), but is there some sort of continuity error in the Melty Blood games? I've heard that they follow Satsuki's Normal Ending (which I know doesn't exist in the original, but is suppossedly in the remake), but characters in the game seem to talk as though their in a sequel to Arcueid's Good Ending. Sion, for instance, says that Shiki is an object of Arcueid's "affections" (*cough*), and even mentions about Satsuki's death. Heck, Shiki even fights Tatari's Satsuki and has a melodramatic flashback to when he killed her.

Shiki getting some "affection": Image
Flashback sequence: Image Image

If that is so, that would mean that even in Satsuki's path, Arcueid was chosen over her and she still became a vampire (Isn't it sad, Sacchin?). That makes it sound less like its Yumizuka path and more like its a bonus version of Arcueid's Good Ending. I'd sure like to see what sort of retcon Type-Moon can cook up for this (among other things).

... But then again, I've never actually played Melty Blood, and all that I've mentioned actually comes from the Melty Blood manga. The author of the comic may have taken some creative license and added in his own scenes. Anybody have a copy of MB? Ever came across any of the above scenes/dialogues?

EDIT: Someone move this to the Melty Blood subforum, will ya? I din't notice it earlier and posted here instead.
Aetheus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby spathi » November 3rd, 2008, 2:17 pm

the arcade mode in MB also acts like satsuki is alive all along, yeah talk about crazy
spathi
Addict

Unread postby NanatsuYa » November 3rd, 2008, 2:32 pm

Dunno if this is right, but, you could say that in a way, The manga-version is a "similar" story, but leans more towards Arc's end than Sacchin, and the game itself (supposedly) follows Satsuki's good end. The story in the manga and the game are similar, it's just that:
In Melty Blood (the original, first game) satsuki never appeared an was only mentioned a couple of times, and in the manga, Shiki fights Tatari-Satsuki, but in the game, he actually fights Nrvnqsr (Nero) Chaos instead. And in the manga, they show the far-side scene of vampire-Satsuki being stabbed to death by Shiki, which somehow says that Satsuki is dead in the manga, but in the game, they never mention anything besides that she was turned into a vampire, and that Shiki want's to help her.

I think that they chose to "minorly" adapt the manga version of the story into something that took place after KT
(since Len makes an appearance too)

Yes, Shiki IS the target of Arcueid's affections, that is said in the game too, they also mention (in another route though) that (although it's not entirely confirmed) Arc and Shiki seem to be "lovers".

I'll just leave this here :? Nasu has confirmed Melty Blood to be based off the events of the unreleased Sacchin-good end. But it seems that Arc's good and Sacchin's good ends will be very similar, the only way I can think of this is like:

You take the base of Arc's route, and put in Sacchin as a vampire love-rival, in wich case, her vampiric instincts get the better of her, and Shiki is forced to hunt her down, but as she is seen alive in Melty Blood ReACT, she must've gotten away, and hid herself.
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 3rd, 2008, 2:34 pm

NanatsuYa wrote:Dunno if this is right, but, you could say that in a way, The manga-version is a "similar" story, but leans more towards Arc's end than Sacchin, and the game itself (supposedly) follows Satsuki's good end. The story in the manga and the game are similar, it's just that:
In Melty Blood (the original, first game) satsuki never appeared an was only mentioned a couple of times, and in the manga, Shiki fights Tatari-Satsuki, but in the game, he actually fights Nrvnqsr (Nero) Chaos instead. And in the manga, they show the far-side scene of vampire-Satsuki being stabbed to death by Shiki, which somehow says that Satsuki is dead in the manga, but in the game, they never mention anything besides that she was turned into a vampire, and that Shiki want's to help her.

I think that they chose to "minorly" adapt the manga version of the story into something that took place after KT
(since Len makes an appearance too)

Yes, Shiki IS the target of Arcueid's affections, that is said in the game too, they also mention (in another route though) that (although it's not entirely confirmed) Arc and Shiki seem to be "lovers".

I'll just leave this here :? Nasu has confirmed Melty Blood to be based off the events of the unreleased Sacchin-good end. But it seems that Arc's good and Sacchin's good ends will be very similar, the only way I can think of this is like:

You take the base of Arc's route, and put in Sacchin as a vampire love-rival, in wich case, her vampiric instincts get the better of her, and Shiki is forced to hunt her down, but as she is seen alive in Melty Blood ReACT, she must've gotten away, and hid herself.

That's the reason why I stopped reading Melty Blood Manga.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby animefanrk2k » November 3rd, 2008, 5:44 pm

In all honesty, the Melty Blood manga is a continuity error in and of itself. In a way, you could say that it's another "what if" kind of story, mixing elements from the as-of-yet-to-exist Satsuki route and others. In the original Melty Blood game, Shiki and Arcueid are very much involved with each other, though it is uncertain how much and in what way. In Tsukihime, Arcueid and Shiki do have feelings for each other after they meet.
animefanrk2k
Addict

Return to Tsukihime Chat