Tsukibako for sale

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukibako for sale

Unread postby dillan.k » October 26th, 2008, 11:54 am

Hi, I'm selling my Tsukibako and just wanted to let people know who are interested. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section I wasn't sure of anywhere else.

It is on Ebay at the moment with a starting price of $80US (comes with everything) and I have attached detailed pictures. I would provide a link but I'm sure its the only one on there at the moment so you can just search for it. My Ebay username is dk0194, I have 100% positive feedback but only from buying.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask, and thanks for looking.
Dillan
dillan.k
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 28th, 2008, 1:04 am

ARRRGH! If only AUD$1 was worth more than USD$0.60!
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » October 28th, 2008, 1:31 am

-[J1N]- wrote:ARRRGH! If only AUD$1 was worth more than USD$0.60!

lol
C'mon, that ain't so bad! My cash is worth less than USD$0.1 in the good days, and we haven't had those for around 5 years now! :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 28th, 2008, 5:47 am

-[J1N]- wrote:ARRRGH! If only AUD$1 was worth more than USD$0.60!

If only he'd decided to sell LAST summer!
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby animefanrk2k » October 30th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Darn, I was outbid on it. *sweatdrops*
animefanrk2k
Addict

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 30th, 2008, 4:25 pm

animefanrk2k wrote:Darn, I was outbid on it. *sweatdrops*

Seriously, I was gonna go like 83 or whatever the next one after $80 was going to be, but some guy was like "Hey, I'll slap $40 more bucks onto that current bid and piss everyone else off." Gah! ebay can piss me off sometimes.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 30th, 2008, 11:53 pm

Sepheriel wrote:
animefanrk2k wrote:Darn, I was outbid on it. *sweatdrops*

Seriously, I was gonna go like 83 or whatever the next one after $80 was going to be, but some guy was like "Hey, I'll slap $40 more bucks onto that current bid and piss everyone else off." Gah! ebay can piss me off sometimes.

Least it ain't going for the rumored "thousands of dollars".
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby marus » October 31st, 2008, 2:02 pm

Honestly, if it goes for anything less that $200 it'll still be a pretty good deal.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » November 1st, 2008, 4:09 am

Is it worth it? 152 bucks is a lot. I mean the remake is gonna come out so will this be worth it or the remake?
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 1st, 2008, 4:12 am

Depends on if the remake will also have Kagetsu Tohya and Tsukihime Plus+Disc.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » November 1st, 2008, 4:13 am

AlinSabel wrote:Depends on if the remake will also have Kagetsu Tohya and Tsukihime Plus+Disc.

I mean it is ending soon and I am thinking about getting it but I'm not sure yet.

*EDIT* It sold for 212.50. Talk about fast, last minute bidding jeez. I didn't win it so I'm hoping the remake has PLUS+DISK and Kagetsu Tohya with it as well, also remade.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby I1nk » November 10th, 2008, 4:37 am

Wow it went for a lot.
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Jinnai » November 11th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Sepheriel wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:Depends on if the remake will also have Kagetsu Tohya and Tsukihime Plus+Disc.

I mean it is ending soon and I am thinking about getting it but I'm not sure yet.

*EDIT* It sold for 212.50. Talk about fast, last minute bidding jeez. I didn't win it so I'm hoping the remake has PLUS+DISK and Kagetsu Tohya with it as well, also remade.
That was me.

From what I heard the remake wasn't suppose to have everything. From what I understand it was just suppose to be a remake of the Tsukihime, not the special discs. Of course my sources could be wrong. Let's put it this way. It would be unusual if when they did a remake they did the what are essentially fan discs at the same time. Other companies that do remakes rarely do remakes of the fan discs.

At 212.50 It was a okay price given the rarity. Marus was right. If I had gotten it for less that would have been a sweet deal, but I didn't see that happening. 250 would have been high end (but considering importing one from Japan it would still have been cheaper as they usually sell for 300 000 Yen.
Jinnai
Might just like this board

Unread postby nobaka » November 11th, 2008, 11:25 pm

ITT: people with money to burn
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Jinnai » November 12th, 2008, 2:23 am

heh. Well i collect games I like. Specifically rare games. So for something like this, yea I'll spend what it's worth (but not more than what it's worth). It's how i've gotten my impressive collection. Part of that was paid for by selling my copy of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for $50 when I bought it for $25.

BTW: What does ITT mean?

EDIT:Even if the remake included everything, it's doubtful the remake would have much of an impact on price of Tsukibako due to the limited quantity. It's possible, but not often. Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Lunar (Sega CD), etc. all go for as much as they did before the rerelease. In Tactics Ogre, the rerelease was on GBA which is a market flood for pumping out quantity of product usually diluting the end value, yet it didn't harm the value of the PS1 game. As Tsukibako is extremely rare and sought after it'd be quite a task for them to knock down the price and given the way most Japanese eroge games are produced in limited quantities, I don't see that happening.
Jinnai

Unread postby Sepheriel » November 12th, 2008, 5:24 am

Jinnai wrote:heh. Well i collect games I like. Specifically rare games. So for something like this, yea I'll spend what it's worth (but not more than what it's worth). It's how i've gotten my impressive collection. Part of that was paid for by selling my copy of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for $50 when I bought it for $25.

BTW: What does ITT mean?

EDIT:Even if the remake included everything, it's doubtful the remake would have much of an impact on price of Tsukibako due to the limited quantity. It's possible, but not often. Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Lunar (Sega CD), etc. all go for as much as they did before the rerelease. In Tactics Ogre, the rerelease was on GBA which is a market flood for pumping out quantity of product usually diluting the end value, yet it didn't harm the value of the PS1 game. As Tsukibako is extremely rare and sought after it'd be quite a task for them to knock down the price and given the way most Japanese eroge games are produced in limited quantities, I don't see that happening.

ITT means "In this thread". By the way, I was the one bidding against you at the VERY last minute and I do mean by seconds :) Congrats on getting it!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Jinnai » November 12th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Sepheriel wrote:ITT means "In this thread". By the way, I was the one bidding against you at the VERY last minute and I do mean by seconds :) Congrats on getting it!
So you were the one who made me spend ~$60 more....
Jinnai

Unread postby dillan.k » November 15th, 2008, 3:54 am

nobaka wrote:ITT: people with money to burn

Well thats an overstatement, yes its expensive for a game but I had to sell a LOT of things to get just half of what I paid for it, which is the same reason why I sold it. I wanted to buy another rare game and since my Tsukibako was sitting there on my shelf it was too tempting to sell. I'm a huge Type Moon fan I have both of the Fate games but since Tsukibako is worth way more it had to go. Maybe some day I will have another chance to buy it again if I can afford it. I thought I would just settle for the remake though, its incredibly hard to get Japanese games like that here in New Zealand, I was probably the only person with a copy of Tsukibako in the country. BTW Tsukihime is my favourite, more than Fate/Stay Night
dillan.k
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Jinnai » November 17th, 2008, 5:10 am

I'm sure the number of Tsukibako titles is limited in any country outside Japan.
Jinnai

Unread postby dillan.k » November 17th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Jinnai wrote:I'm sure the number of Tsukibako titles is limited in any country outside Japan.

Yes but I'm sure there would be a few people in the states that have a copy, too give you an idea, if I tried to sell it here in New Zealand no one would bid but not because of the price but simply because they wouldn't have a clue what it is.
dillan.k
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat