Favorite Tsukihime Route

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

What's your favorite route in Tsukihime?

Arcuied's
20%
Ciel's
14%
Akiha's
20%
Hisui's
18%
Kohaku's
14%
...A cat's is fine too
12%

Total votes : 98

Favorite Tsukihime Route

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » October 20th, 2008, 3:18 am

The topic's pretty self-explanatory. I assume for you guys as well, there is that one route that you can't help but play again even if you had already beaten it and even if you know what's going to happen. Alternatively, there's that one memorable scene in that route. Of course, if you like the route's heroine, it can also qualify as a favorite route. So, post away.

I'll start: Personally, I like Hisui's route best. Unlike the other routes, Hisui's route isn't as action-packed but I like the way that Nasu made 10+ days of lying around in a bed interesting. It also contains some of the more touching moments in Tsukihime. Just don't get me started on that Kohaku-hijack...
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » October 20th, 2008, 3:20 am

w00t first vote
probably Hisui's route.
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » October 20th, 2008, 4:09 am

It was a bit hard, between Hisui and Kohaku, but, in the end, Hisui's True End was... well, an image in another thread can explain it way better. So, that made me decide Hisui :)
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby KratosIrving » October 20th, 2008, 4:24 am

I went with Kohaku just because I believe she's the female character with the most depth and planning behind her, made her route and her involvement in Hisui's route astonishing to me.
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby Ryougi07 » October 20th, 2008, 6:03 am

Makes me wonder why their story seems the deepest among the others....
"You're better off without the scent of blood, I might just suddenly cut you up."
Ryougi07
Addict

Unread postby Divine » October 20th, 2008, 6:08 am

The most unique out of the bunch. There are parts of all of the stories that I liked, but Hisui and Kohaku's stories just seem to flow.
Divine
Addict

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 20th, 2008, 6:44 am

I'll wait for the remake, only then will I vote...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Message » October 20th, 2008, 7:31 am

It's been a long time since I've played, but I'm thinking either Ciel or Hisui. Ciel is obviously the coolest character in the game, but Hisui is so darn moe... >__>

Unread postby Belzera » October 20th, 2008, 9:58 am

My Favourite Route was Ciel's
Belzera
Addict

Unread postby Henduluin » October 20th, 2008, 10:31 am

Akiha...

What can I say, I'm a sucker for crappy endings. Not to mention I have a major weakness for oujo-sama characters, especially if they have long black hair and DFC >.>
(The part where she joined Shiki at school for lunch was absolutely adorable)
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Maes » October 20th, 2008, 11:55 am

Hmm... tough choice. This might call for another play-through before I pick.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby miszou » October 20th, 2008, 12:13 pm

I don't have a favorite really.

Arc's route is the reason I started to play the game and important for me, so I guess I always have strong feelings for that one.
Akiha's route was just great and who can resist imouto? Plus the endings were really nice. Also yumizuka <3
Kohaku's route was definitely the most wicked one, so most enjoyable :D
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sinshlad » October 20th, 2008, 12:17 pm

Tough call... I'm going to have to go with Kohaku, her character design is brilliant. I've never come across a character more interesting, in any literary format. I'm also a sucker for happy endings, and Kahaku's ending was (in my opinion) the happiest out of any of the endings (Ciel's good ending comes pretty close).

The other option was Hisui's route, another brilliant character and fairly decent story. However, I found the days of Shiki being bed-ridden were just at little too repetitive for my tastes. Had this not been the case, Hisui's route may have topped Kohaku's.

This was an extremely hard choice to make. All the routes present in the game are extremely fun to read and present really unique characters. Definitely worth the small fortune I spent in acquiring it.
Sinshlad
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Alucard » October 20th, 2008, 12:37 pm

Hisui. I like her development, and she switched with Kohaku as my favorite after Hisui's route. And Kohaku's route only partially redeemed her in my mind.
Eternity is wasted upon the likes of you.
Alucard
Addict

Unread postby Inverted » October 20th, 2008, 4:41 pm

For me tough choice between Arc route and Akiha route.

I'll go with Arcuied route.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » October 20th, 2008, 5:32 pm

I'm assuming A cat is fine too... refers to len slightly ;)

Minus a hilarious doujin read...

Anywho, i think Len from KT is absolutely the best route of them all. I really liked her character the most

However in just Tsukihime, i would say hisui since her character appealed to me the most. Kohaku came in a very close second, followed by Akiha, Arc, and Ciel
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 20th, 2008, 6:12 pm

I believe I will not vote in the poll because I don't have a favorite amongst the routes. Each one is different and is after something else. They are all AMAZING so, to me, having a vote on them is meaningless.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » October 20th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Sepheriel wrote:I believe I will not vote in the poll because I don't have a favorite amongst the routes. Each one is different and is after something else. They are all AMAZING so, to me, having a vote on them is meaningless.

C'mon, just vote Hisui! Show 'er some love! :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Atriel » October 20th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Sepheriel wrote:I believe I will not vote in the poll because I don't have a favorite amongst the routes. Each one is different and is after something else. They are all AMAZING so, to me, having a vote on them is meaningless.

Though he has a point, i vote Arcueid. Because i'm her raging fanboy.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » October 20th, 2008, 10:06 pm

This is a big toss up. Ciel's is my favorite, Hisui's is damnedably original, Akiha's is so different from the rest, and Kohaku's is the one to tie them all together. In the end, I'll go with Ciel, as she is awesomesauce.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat