Favorite Tsukihime Route

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

What's your favorite route in Tsukihime?

Arcuied's
20%
Ciel's
14%
Akiha's
20%
Hisui's
18%
Kohaku's
14%
...A cat's is fine too
12%

Total votes: 98

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » October 20th, 2008, 11:54 pm

I was impressed with Ciel's, except the whole "suppression" thing
But it's been at least 1 or 2 years I've played through it all, waiting for the remake instead of doing it again
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!

Horoboro
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Horoboro » October 21st, 2008, 4:17 am

Came out of my lurkdom and registered just so I can vote for Akiha's route! :D

Although some of the other routes are more complete and heartwarming (Kohaku's route comes to mind), Akiha's route was more compelling. I just don't buy the "everyone's happy" approach to some of their backgrounds. I mean Hisui's and Ciel's maybe...but Arc? Kohaku!?!?
► Show Spoiler
Yes...if it is not obvious from the spoiler, my opinion, route-wise :
Ciel<Hisui<<Arc<Kohaku<Akiha

gmsephiroth
Addict

Unread post by gmsephiroth » October 23rd, 2008, 2:14 am

I'd have to go with Akiha's route...followed by Hisui, Kohaku, Ciel, and Arcueid, in that order.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » October 23rd, 2008, 4:49 am

I have to disagree with Arcueid's "duty" to hunt down dead apostles. She's not even killing them, she's just after Roa. And Roa is dead. As to why stay with a punny human, why not?

Horoboro
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Horoboro » October 23rd, 2008, 9:32 pm

I could be wrong, but...
► Show Spoiler
Besides, she seems to be the type to have a harem of puny humans - not just one :D

Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Inverted » October 24th, 2008, 8:10 am

► Show Spoiler

gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread post by gexer64 » October 24th, 2008, 2:24 pm

I haven't played the game in forever, so it's hard for me to make a decision. What does stand out in my mind though was Kohaku's route, if only for the fact that it contained Shiki's greatest demonstration of skill.

I need to go reread it but I am thinking about waiting for the remake. Will MM translate the remake?
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.

metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread post by metal_cocoabo » October 24th, 2008, 5:16 pm

I hope you're the patient type. Should MM translate Tsuki2, prepare to wait for a little while. Like 2-3 years :\

gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread post by gexer64 » October 24th, 2008, 6:30 pm

metal_cocoabo wrote:I hope you're the patient type. Should MM translate Tsuki2, prepare to wait for a little while. Like 2-3 years :\
They're releasing #2? NICE! When's the release date? :D
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.

metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread post by metal_cocoabo » October 24th, 2008, 8:17 pm

TheCakeWiki wrote:According to reliable sources, Tsukihime 2 will be released in a game collection alongside eagerly anticipated titles such as Duke Nukem Forever and Chrono Break. Tsukihime 2 is set to be the first TYPE-MOON title to feature live action cutscenes and online multiplayer capabilities. Additional features include the new 'Outside of the Moon' routes -- confirmed heroines include Taiga Fujimura, an English teacher in Shirou's Shiki's school, Mecha Hisui, a cyborg version of Hisui after she saved Shiki from a disastrous cooking accident, and a cat. For more information, click here.
► Show Spoiler

Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Mazyrian » October 25th, 2008, 9:03 pm

It's been a while since I last played the game, but I voted for Arcueid since is the one I remember liking most (although maybe being the first route played, and having seen the inexistant anime before may have had some effect on it). My order was Arcueid>Ciel=Akiha>Hisui=Kohaku. Arcueid's it seemed to me the most realized (although Ciel's and Akiha's are not much behind hers); while Hisui's I found somewhat dull and Kohaku's not as good done (mainly the relationship Shiki-Kohaku, which I found forced). (On my last replay of Far Side I liked more Kohaku's, but my opinion of the relationship stands)
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."

ethos
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ethos » October 25th, 2008, 11:21 pm

Personally, I liked Kohaku's route. It struck me as the most powerful, although Arcueid's were good as well.

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » October 25th, 2008, 11:52 pm

While I like all the routes equally for the most part (except Akiha, who I could never like for some reason) I voted Arcueid simply because it was one of the first VN's I read, started off with a bang (or a cut >_>) and never stopped being awesome. My favorite char from tsukihime is like another person said, Ciel is damn awesome but Hisui is so moe.

suki-gin
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by suki-gin » October 29th, 2008, 6:47 am

As you might imagine, Akiha's route is my favourite closely followed by Hisui's. I'd put Ciel as my last one though as I just couldn't link with her character.

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » October 29th, 2008, 7:17 am

Wow... what the hell? 7 percent for Ciel???? Come on! She has a GREAT route! Why do so many people not like Ciel???? I think she is an amazing character with plenty of depth and conflict.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!

suki-gin
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by suki-gin » October 29th, 2008, 7:26 am

Sepheriel wrote:Wow... what the hell? 7 percent for Ciel???? Come on! She has a GREAT route! Why do so many people not like Ciel???? I think she is an amazing character with plenty of depth and conflict.
Ciel does have a good route. Personally, I just prefer Akiha and Hisui's over hers. It has a lot to do with their persona and character design. Ciel's somehow just didn't click for me as much.

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » October 29th, 2008, 7:37 am

So little love for Hisui? I actually thought there wouldn't be much of a difference between Arc and Hisui.... Haah... seems I was wrong...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread post by metal_cocoabo » October 29th, 2008, 4:28 pm

abcess wrote:I actually thought there wouldn't be much of a difference between Arc and Hisui.... Haah... seems I was wrong...
Well, Arc's route is more action-packed than Hisui's. Though Hisui's route has more moe-moments. Ending-wise, I felt that Hisui's had more impact than Arcuied's --
► Show Spoiler

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » October 29th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Ciel's route
► Show Spoiler

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » October 29th, 2008, 8:58 pm

abscess wrote:So little love for Hisui? I actually thought there wouldn't be much of a difference between Arc and Hisui.... Haah... seems I was wrong...
I love Hisui too. I wish I could vote all of them.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!