Favorite Tsukihime Route

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

What's your favorite route in Tsukihime?

Arcuied's
20%
Ciel's
14%
Akiha's
20%
Hisui's
18%
Kohaku's
14%
...A cat's is fine too
12%

Total votes : 98

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 16th, 2008, 1:47 pm

Ryougi07 wrote:
nanaya_shinya wrote:the line is, but the route it refers to is
Ren's route in Kagetsu Tohya

Are there routes in KT? I thought it followed only a single story with tons of side stories along the way....

one story = one route, Ren's route...the side stories are not directly connected to Kagetsu Tohya's storyline, the day loops are part of it though.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Arkenath » November 26th, 2008, 7:07 am

Ciel's True Ending wins for me hands down...i just loved hacking through Arcuied's neck, the entire thing where she's trying to get up and keeps slipping was just amazing. I also enjoyed the character developement a tad more than in other routes. The Good ending was just...lame T_T
Arkenath
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » November 26th, 2008, 12:12 pm

Arkenath wrote:The Good ending was just...lame T_T

Awesome harem end is awesome.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » November 26th, 2008, 5:59 pm

I smell a heretic that needs to die. Slowly.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Watashimo » December 16th, 2008, 5:18 am

I just finished Akiha's route and while I loved her route the most, I hated the endings. I'm a sucker for happy-endings. Therefore I have to go with Ciel. Her true ending was my favorite. I didn't play Arc's route because (don't hate me), I don't like Arc that much. :P
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » December 16th, 2008, 7:39 am

Like Arc's route. Good ending was a fucking cop out, though.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby xthr » December 16th, 2008, 9:08 am

WHAR'S MY SACCHIN ROUTE T______________T
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Levethix » December 16th, 2008, 4:15 pm

I perfer Akiha's route, the way it all played out it really tugged the heartstrings. Kohaku's is a close second because it let you see the darker side of that overly cheerful character.
Levethix
Might just like this board

Unread postby nobaka » December 16th, 2008, 8:02 pm

Levethix wrote:I perfer Akiha's route, the way it all played out it really tugged the heartstrings. Kohaku's is a close second because it let you see the darker side of that overly cheerful character.

The whole point is that there WAS no overly cheerful character. It was 100% bullshit, part of her plan to kill all the remaining Tohnos.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » December 16th, 2008, 10:44 pm

nobaka wrote:
Levethix wrote:I perfer Akiha's route, the way it all played out it really tugged the heartstrings. Kohaku's is a close second because it let you see the darker side of that overly cheerful character.

The whole point is that there WAS no overly cheerful character. It was 100% bullshit, part of her plan to kill all the remaining Tohnos.

*is a nitpicky bastard* No, that's what Hisuis route was about. Kohakus was about how there was one, buried underneath everything. Whether it was "The real Kohaku" or not, at that point nobody really cared. Akiha/Hisui were just angry at Shiki for not choosing them, and more than likely Kohaku is still batshit insane. And Shiki....we don't talk about him or his methods in dealing with women. (I love you, even though I've only known you for a week, so to prove it, I'll kill you and/or rape you)
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » December 17th, 2008, 2:06 am

that one guy wrote:
nobaka wrote:

*is a nitpicky bastard* No, that's what Hisuis route was about. Kohakus was about how there was one, buried underneath everything. Whether it was "The real Kohaku" or not, at that point nobody really cared. Akiha/Hisui were just angry at Shiki for not choosing them, and more than likely Kohaku is still batshit insane. And Shiki....we don't talk about him or his methods in dealing with women. (I love you, even though I've only known you for a week, so to prove it, I'll kill you and/or rape you)

I'm inclined to disagree. The way she talks about her role reversal with Hisui implies that even before Makihisa's constant rapes, Kohaku was more introverted. Later, Hisui becomes introverted and Kohaku has gone straight to crazytown, leaving us with no oppressively cheerful character.

Most of his methods of 'dealing' with women were unrelated to conscious decisions. Note that the one person he did NOT attempt to murder and/or violate was Ciel, someone whom SHIKI had no relation and the Nanaya blood would not react.

Arc: Nanaya Response - Vampire -> KILL IT KILL IT
Ciel: No response + any possible minor reaction by Nanaya blood to trace vampirism negated by Ciel's general hypnosis (the whole 'don't doubt me' thing she used to insert herself into school life)
Akiha: Paranoia Response - give him a break, she kept saying WE MUST DEAL WITH SHIKI, SHIKI HAS TO DIE, etc. He just didn't know she wasn't talking about him. :P
Hisui: SHIKI response - rape the maids
Kohaku: SHIKI response - rape the maids
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby VoidAvesta » December 17th, 2008, 2:52 am

nobaka wrote:
Arc: Nanaya Response - Vampire -> KILL IT KILL IT
Ciel: No response + any possible minor reaction by Nanaya blood to trace vampirism negated by Ciel's general hypnosis (the whole 'don't doubt me' thing she used to insert herself into school life)
Akiha: Paranoia Response - give him a break, she kept saying WE MUST DEAL WITH SHIKI, SHIKI HAS TO DIE, etc. He just didn't know she wasn't talking about him. :P
Hisui: SHIKI response - rape the maids
Kohaku: SHIKI response - rape the maids

i LOL'd :D
VoidAvesta
Addict

Unread postby that one guy » December 17th, 2008, 7:11 am

nobaka wrote:Most of his methods of 'dealing' with women were unrelated to conscious decisions. Note that the one person he did NOT attempt to murder and/or violate was Ciel, someone whom SHIKI had no relation and the Nanaya blood would not react.

I guess it's no coincidence that the Ciel route is my favorite...well, it alternates between that and Hisuis....but still, it's the thought that counts.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby BuggyBY » December 18th, 2008, 8:54 pm

xthr wrote:WHAR'S MY SACCHIN ROUTE T______________T

Signed, stamped and delivered ;_;
BuggyBY
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby VoidAvesta » December 22nd, 2008, 4:42 am

Hisui's, that part when Shiki locked himself inside his room thinking that everybody
wanted to kill him, while he himself was "thaat" close to dying, that was really psychological (or something).
Community Crucis member: Angra Mainyu
Beasts Lair member: Angra Maniyu :p
Melty Bread member: Kyokushi
VoidAvesta
Addict

Unread postby solopy567 » December 22nd, 2008, 2:41 pm

Hisui's route by far.....It had the best development, best twist, and best endings in my opinion.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby kaerstan01 » December 24th, 2008, 6:59 pm

meh top 5 routes:
1. arcs route and her true ending (dam shiet it made me and my girlfriend fking cry lol)
2. akiha's route and her true ending (same as arcs true end but w/o the girlfriend thing lol)
3. kohakus route and her endin (i can feel her man.... poor girl T_T)

4. ciels route and her good ending (wacky ending lol)
5. arcs route and her good ending (cute ending w/ a bitter future ahead of them)
OMGz teh geek!!! GAL will yah? ;p
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby xesias » December 28th, 2008, 5:48 am

loved arcs route i dont know maybe its just me but in all the games ive played ive prefered the main heroines route to the others
xesias
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby logos » December 28th, 2008, 12:34 pm

hmm, I'd have to say hisui's.

what was realy great was the combo of hisui's and and kohakus routes you had to play both to fully apriciate either, but if i have to choose one then it would be hisui's. Most other routes seems to basically just be a hack'n slash story (especially the near side of the mone routes) but far side routes (especially hisui's) have a deep and touching story.
logos
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby thisoneguy » January 6th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Though i like Arc a little more than Akiha due to her personality, I would have to say my favorite route is Akiha's. It had the best moments and Shiki and Akiha had the most bonding. As far as ending is concern though, Hisui's true end is easily my favorite.
thisoneguy
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat