Favorite Tsukihime Route

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

What's your favorite route in Tsukihime?

Arcuied's
20%
Ciel's
14%
Akiha's
20%
Hisui's
18%
Kohaku's
14%
...A cat's is fine too
12%

Total votes : 98

Unread postby ayadew » October 20th, 2008, 11:54 pm

I was impressed with Ciel's, except the whole "suppression" thing
But it's been at least 1 or 2 years I've played through it all, waiting for the remake instead of doing it again
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Horoboro » October 21st, 2008, 4:17 am

Came out of my lurkdom and registered just so I can vote for Akiha's route! :D

Although some of the other routes are more complete and heartwarming (Kohaku's route comes to mind), Akiha's route was more compelling. I just don't buy the "everyone's happy" approach to some of their backgrounds. I mean Hisui's and Ciel's maybe...but Arc? Kohaku!?!?

Ciel's true ending works for me because Roa was Ciel's goal. Roa was everything to Ciel and as Shiki was affected by Roa so much as well, Ciel could identify with Shiki and thus love him. The harem ending was not nearly as convincing as the true ending though...

Hisui seemed one of the only characters in Tsukihime who could have had a normal life after its events. She didn't experience anything extremely traumatizing, and really loved Shiki ever since she was little.

Arc is an entirely different species...and no matter how much your renegade robot loves you, she will not give up her life to be with you. Err...that sentence is in desperate need of justification... Arc lives forever! Why would she spend her years with a puny human (admittedly a puny uber-human) who will ultimately die one way or another? Furthermore, she has an agenda. 28-2 = 26 more to kill kill KILL! Ok...maybe minus a few more because of their various circumstances, but still, she needs to be hunting those Dead Apostles before anything else. So...true ending ok...not so much good ending.

Kohaku's the ultimate yandere - she's really cool and cute but it isn't plausible at all for her to either completely forget the past or to simply move on without thinking about the past. She's been traumatized in so many different ways, it almost feels wrong that she should have a good ending. It fits if she went to an insane asylum, or died, or developed inexplicable irreversible deus ex machina total retrograde amnesia. Kohaku just isn't kohaku without medicine and madness :(

At first, with both of Akiha's endings read I was like: WTF OMG OTL. Maybe because of non-relative IMOUTO FEVER, or maybe because of her wicked personality, but I felt that Akiha was most deserving of the Shiki. When both paths had her losing him, I thought: perhaps Nasu was writing Akiha's endings after noticing something smelled funny, checking the oven, and finding the charcoaled corpse of his beloved kitten. Despite the pain, I realized that Akiha's ending tugged on my little black heart the most. It makes sense that Akiha didn't have a good ending. Akiha had no hope of recovery after stealing part of SHIKI. Shiki, the terminal cancer patient that he is, either had to sacrifice himself or to sacrifice Akiha because Akiha would not let Shiki die. The endings reflected his decision and I must admit that I was totally gar for him when he fed Akiha during the normal ending.

Yes...if it is not obvious from the spoiler, my opinion, route-wise :
Ciel
Horoboro
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby gmsephiroth » October 23rd, 2008, 2:14 am

I'd have to go with Akiha's route...followed by Hisui, Kohaku, Ciel, and Arcueid, in that order.
gmsephiroth
Addict

Unread postby Atriel » October 23rd, 2008, 4:49 am

I have to disagree with Arcueid's "duty" to hunt down dead apostles. She's not even killing them, she's just after Roa. And Roa is dead. As to why stay with a punny human, why not?
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Horoboro » October 23rd, 2008, 9:32 pm

I could be wrong, but...
Arcueid'd raison d' art is being the executioner of all Dead Apostles and fallen True Ancestors. As for why she can't be with a puny mortal...I just feel that she won't be able to make that kind of commitment given her personality. There's no solid proof if that's what you're looking for, but in the true ending, Arc leaves Shiki despite her being alive. I believe this implies that although she does love Shiki, her vampiric impulses are stronger. Even in the good ending, I don't think that she would be able to control her need for blood because eventually it will wear on her until she will want need must have Shiki's blood. Supposing she could actually control her impulse indefinitely, she's still going to have a lot of tough fights ahead of her. If she ever gets injured again she'll have to spend more and more of her energy controlling her thirst. I think this will eventually snowball so that she will not be able to control her thirst any longer, and she will give into her instincts and go Dracula on Shiki.

Besides, she seems to be the type to have a harem of puny humans - not just one :D
Horoboro
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Inverted » October 24th, 2008, 8:10 am

Arcuied left in True End because of at that level of energy she was about to invert .So rather than risk feeding on Shiki she rather sleep in Bruenstud castle. Not because of "personality problems".
Arc at first was a terminator .After she met Roa she was a terminator with hatred specializing in Roa.Before she met Shiki she has almost no personality to speak of.
As to why stay with a puny human? Because she wants to? .
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby gexer64 » October 24th, 2008, 2:24 pm

I haven't played the game in forever, so it's hard for me to make a decision. What does stand out in my mind though was Kohaku's route, if only for the fact that it contained Shiki's greatest demonstration of skill.

I need to go reread it but I am thinking about waiting for the remake. Will MM translate the remake?
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » October 24th, 2008, 5:16 pm

I hope you're the patient type. Should MM translate Tsuki2, prepare to wait for a little while. Like 2-3 years :\
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby gexer64 » October 24th, 2008, 6:30 pm

metal_cocoabo wrote:I hope you're the patient type. Should MM translate Tsuki2, prepare to wait for a little while. Like 2-3 years :\

They're releasing #2? NICE! When's the release date? :D
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » October 24th, 2008, 8:17 pm

TheCakeWiki wrote:According to reliable sources, Tsukihime 2 will be released in a game collection alongside eagerly anticipated titles such as Duke Nukem Forever and Chrono Break. Tsukihime 2 is set to be the first TYPE-MOON title to feature live action cutscenes and online multiplayer capabilities. Additional features include the new 'Outside of the Moon' routes -- confirmed heroines include Taiga Fujimura, an English teacher in Shirou's Shiki's school, Mecha Hisui, a cyborg version of Hisui after she saved Shiki from a disastrous cooking accident, and a cat. For more information, click here.

THE CAKE IS A LIE

Not sure about the details, but I assume the remake will be released around 2009.

Wikipedia wrote:A remake of Tsukihime is planned by Type-Moon for a future release in 2009 with updated art and story.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mazyrian » October 25th, 2008, 9:03 pm

It's been a while since I last played the game, but I voted for Arcueid since is the one I remember liking most (although maybe being the first route played, and having seen the inexistant anime before may have had some effect on it). My order was Arcueid>Ciel=Akiha>Hisui=Kohaku. Arcueid's it seemed to me the most realized (although Ciel's and Akiha's are not much behind hers); while Hisui's I found somewhat dull and Kohaku's not as good done (mainly the relationship Shiki-Kohaku, which I found forced). (On my last replay of Far Side I liked more Kohaku's, but my opinion of the relationship stands)
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ethos » October 25th, 2008, 11:21 pm

Personally, I liked Kohaku's route. It struck me as the most powerful, although Arcueid's were good as well.
ethos
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Wiiown » October 25th, 2008, 11:52 pm

While I like all the routes equally for the most part (except Akiha, who I could never like for some reason) I voted Arcueid simply because it was one of the first VN's I read, started off with a bang (or a cut >_>) and never stopped being awesome. My favorite char from tsukihime is like another person said, Ciel is damn awesome but Hisui is so moe.
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby suki-gin » October 29th, 2008, 6:47 am

As you might imagine, Akiha's route is my favourite closely followed by Hisui's. I'd put Ciel as my last one though as I just couldn't link with her character.
suki-gin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 29th, 2008, 7:17 am

Wow... what the hell? 7 percent for Ciel???? Come on! She has a GREAT route! Why do so many people not like Ciel???? I think she is an amazing character with plenty of depth and conflict.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby suki-gin » October 29th, 2008, 7:26 am

Sepheriel wrote:Wow... what the hell? 7 percent for Ciel???? Come on! She has a GREAT route! Why do so many people not like Ciel???? I think she is an amazing character with plenty of depth and conflict.

Ciel does have a good route. Personally, I just prefer Akiha and Hisui's over hers. It has a lot to do with their persona and character design. Ciel's somehow just didn't click for me as much.
suki-gin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » October 29th, 2008, 7:37 am

So little love for Hisui? I actually thought there wouldn't be much of a difference between Arc and Hisui.... Haah... seems I was wrong...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » October 29th, 2008, 4:28 pm

abcess wrote:I actually thought there wouldn't be much of a difference between Arc and Hisui.... Haah... seems I was wrong...

Well, Arc's route is more action-packed than Hisui's. Though Hisui's route has more moe-moments. Ending-wise, I felt that Hisui's had more impact than Arcuied's --
probably because of the last-minute revelations and the fact Akiha and Kohaku died in her True ending.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nerroth » October 29th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Ciel's route

Isn't so great for Kohaku - and some parts aren't exactly stellar for Ciel herself, either.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 29th, 2008, 8:58 pm

abscess wrote:So little love for Hisui? I actually thought there wouldn't be much of a difference between Arc and Hisui.... Haah... seems I was wrong...

I love Hisui too. I wish I could vote all of them.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat