[SPOILER WARNING]A little confused with Ciel's True ending.

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

[SPOILER WARNING]A little confused with Ciel's True ending.

Unread postby GuardianHX » October 5th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Recently, I decided to replay Ciel's route since I don't remember much from it (Being it was the first route I took when I played through all the routes a few months ago)...

At the end, Shiki's past self says that if he awakens from the dream, he will die. Yet, Shiki is seemingly able to return to reality where he finds himself lying upon Ciel's lap.

They talk for a bit and all, and then he says, "I'm sorry, but I want to sleep for a little while longer."

Besides the screen turning white as he fades back into his sleep while Ciel blabbers about wanting to know what took place with Arcuied, does this mean he dies later on?

Like, if he was supposed to die when waking up, did he only get to see Ciel for a certain amount of time before going to sleep forever? Would Ciel return home and find that Shiki was no longer breathing? Or did he overcome death and get to carry on with his life?

I think it points to the latter, but otherwise, Shiki dying soon after the end seems like a heavy possibility unless I'm missing something.
GuardianHX
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby that one guy » October 5th, 2008, 9:58 pm

I'm pretty sure he overcame death, once again, for a short period of time.
It's hinted at pretty heavily that he's going to die very soon, no matter what ending you get, because of his powers. It's under Eclipse.
But yeah, I'm pretty sure he lives, and from there he goes through many awkward situations with Kohaku and possibly Akiha and Hisui.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Re: [SPOILER WARNING]A little confused with Ciel's True endi

Unread postby Inverted » October 5th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Shiki dying soon after the end seems like a heavy possibility unless I'm missing something.

Grr .. boo.... hisss.....

GuardianHX wrote: Or did he overcome death and get to carry on with his life?

Yep, like the one guy said he lives. Roa disappeared in his stead as they were melded together.Shiki's desire to live was stronger while Roa had finally attained closure.

Well Eclipse says he'll die somewhat young .So between 35-45 I guess. I hope it's more .
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby GuardianHX » October 5th, 2008, 10:30 pm

Re-reading the Eclipse now as well, I see it was hinted at heavily.

Isn't it sad?

It'd be nice if there was a way for him to use his power on himself to live normally. Such as how [Kara no Kyoukai movie 3 spoiler->]
Ryougi Shiki kills the disease in Fujino's stomach.

Anyways...
Shiki states that the scar disappears from his chest during that scene. Could that be a hint at him dreaming once more before his death since that scar can't physically disappear?

I'm thinking of the worse, but it'd make Ciel's True ending alot deeper.

Inverted wrote:
Yep, like the one guy said he lives. Roa disappeared in his stead as they were melded together.Shiki's desire to live was stronger while Roa had finally attained closure.

Well Eclipse says he'll die somewhat young .So between 35-45 I guess. I hope it's more .

Maybe Aoko would steal something from Touko again and extend Shiki's life. (A puppet body, perhaps?)
Though Shiki might refuse and choose to stay with his body's fate... But otherwise it'd definitely make everything alot happier.
GuardianHX
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Inverted » October 5th, 2008, 10:37 pm

GuardianHX wrote:Anyways...
Shiki states that the scar disappears from his chest during that scene. Could that be a hint at him dreaming once more before his death since that scar can't physically disappear?

It's to symbolically state that ,along with the nanaya saying goodbye, that Shiki is finally free from his past, from Roa etc.
He can now live happily as he wants as Tohno Shiki. Not to mention Roa/SHIKI did play a major part in creating that scar.
It was after that (their respective near death encounters) they were connected and Roa was leeching Shiki.With him gone it finally healed.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby GuardianHX » October 5th, 2008, 10:53 pm

Inverted wrote:
GuardianHX wrote:Anyways...

It's to symbolically state that ,along with the nanaya saying goodbye, that Shiki is finally free from his past, from Roa etc.
He can now live happily as he wants as Tohno Shiki. Not to mention Roa/SHIKI did play a major part in creating that scar.
It was after that (their respective near death encounters) they were connected and Roa was leeching Shiki.With him gone it finally healed.

Ah, that makes sense.
Though would that necessarily make the Nanaya blood dissipate as well?
GuardianHX
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Inverted » October 6th, 2008, 7:38 am

GuardianHX wrote:Ah, that makes sense.
Though would that necessarily make the Nanaya blood dissipate as well?

No,No he still has Nanaya blood . But it's more symbolic ,i.e, he's burying the ghost of his past .I think he'll still flip near a non-human.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Belzera » October 6th, 2008, 4:50 pm

Hmm, I always thought that the Kid was actually SHIKI/ROA lol mainly becuase the two were fused in that route
Belzera
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » October 6th, 2008, 11:06 pm

Nah shiki killed Roa by stabbing the dot for him on his body... Although with Roa destroyed it pretty much hurt shiki horribly as well too

The kid i think was more a long the lines of his childhood.
This was the days before he was stabbed in his chest by SHIKI. When he got stabbed by SHIKI, he almost died. Makihisa changed his memories to removed his previous life. He started regaining his good/bad memories over the events of Tsukihime so the past part of him was starting to come back

When he died, his past self without the mystic eyes wanted to ask if he could sleep and dream forever with him, that way they both could be happy. Shiki would provide memories from his future life to create fun dreams, while the young Shiki would re-enact childhood dreams to keep Shiki entertained.
However since shiki chose to live, he killed that remaining part of him to live on as himself

in my honest opinion of course.. :wink:
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Undream » October 13th, 2008, 10:47 pm

I always though the boy was actually Nanaya Shiki, who 'died' at the times of the prologue. His older 'Persona'
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -Shiki- » November 2nd, 2008, 11:22 pm

well..i think the most logical answer is the boy being his past before he was stabbed by SHIKI.the boy said something like he cant dream much because what he know is limited..

he was hoping to combine his memories(not sure) with shiki so they can dream..and the boy said shiki wouldnt die, juz be in a coma like state, trapped between dream and reality..

as shiki would rather try to return to reality, the boy said farewell to him,thus 'killing' the boy as shiki denied the dream.. :?: :?:

so..he did not die in the end.. :)

*i thinks there are mistakes..please correct me if i am wrong and i am sorry for any wrong information given* :oops:
-Shiki-
Addict

Return to Tsukihime Chat