Reset Kagetsu Tohya

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Reset Kagetsu Tohya

Unread postby ILPPendant » September 18th, 2008, 11:40 pm

So I completed KT ages ago and now I want to play it again. It's still installed on my computer, saving me the trouble of digging the game disk out of cold storage at home (I'm currently at Uni, making it physically inaccessible anyway). So far so good, but I want to play it again as if it was the first time. Not just removing saves but also clearing out the CG gallery and stopping the game from asking me if I want to skip scenes which I'm seeing "for the first time". Essentially I want the end result to be as if I'd done a clean install.

Is there some practical way of doing this? I can guess I need to delete the save files but I assume that won't be enough. Which file(s) do I need to modify/delete in addition to this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I posted this in the Tsukihime forum since the two games seem to run off the same engine, sorry if I was mistaken.

EDIT: It would seem that deleting "gloval.sav" resets the game but doesn't appear to clear the CG galleries.
ILPPendant
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 33
Joined: June 11th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Re: Reset Kagetsu Tohya

Unread postby Rikh » September 19th, 2008, 5:27 am

ILPPendant wrote:So I completed KT ages ago and now I want to play it again. It's still installed on my computer, saving me the trouble of digging the game disk out of cold storage at home (I'm currently at Uni, making it physically inaccessible anyway). So far so good, but I want to play it again as if it was the first time. Not just removing saves but also clearing out the CG gallery and stopping the game from asking me if I want to skip scenes which I'm seeing "for the first time". Essentially I want the end result to be as if I'd done a clean install.

Is there some practical way of doing this? I can guess I need to delete the save files but I assume that won't be enough. Which file(s) do I need to modify/delete in addition to this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I posted this in the Tsukihime forum since the two games seem to run off the same engine, sorry if I was mistaken.

EDIT: It would seem that deleting "gloval.sav" resets the game but doesn't appear to clear the CG galleries.

im pretty sure Ciel Sensei says that you can delete a file to gain some specific routes. (at least when you are further along in the game.)
User avatar
Rikh
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 649
Joined: July 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Location: Unlimited Taiga Works

Re: Reset Kagetsu Tohya

Unread postby abscess » September 19th, 2008, 5:30 am

Rikh wrote:im pretty sure Ciel Sensei says that you can delete a file to gain some specific routes. (at least when you are further along in the game.)

wasn't it sav21 or something like that?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Re: Reset Kagetsu Tohya

Unread postby Rikh » September 19th, 2008, 9:17 am

abscess wrote:
Rikh wrote:im pretty sure Ciel Sensei says that you can delete a file to gain some specific routes. (at least when you are further along in the game.)

wasn't it sav21 or something like that?

i was thinking sav23.... i cant really remember
User avatar
Rikh
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 649
Joined: July 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Location: Unlimited Taiga Works

Unread postby ILPPendant » September 19th, 2008, 9:47 am

I tried deleting save21.dat but no effect. There's no save23 file in the folder. If all else fails, I can just find out by deleting things through trial and error.
ILPPendant
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 33
Joined: June 11th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 19th, 2008, 10:22 am

Hmmm...
Please tell us Ciel-sensei.





I see, I see.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: February 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Unread postby ILPPendant » September 19th, 2008, 1:08 pm

Deleting save21 doesn't seem to work.

Well, it's not the end of the world. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Hmm, let me revise my original post. Deleting gloval.sav doesn't appear to reset skip detection either.
ILPPendant
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 33
Joined: June 11th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Unread postby Mazyrian » September 19th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Try looking what files were last modified after the game was instaled, and deleting these (making backups first)
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
User avatar
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 259
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Unread postby ILPPendant » September 21st, 2008, 10:36 am

Okay then...

It seems that deleting NScrflog.dat clears out the Grass Moon, Dream and Guest Illustration galleries but not the Contribution Illustration gallery. It does not reset the skip check.
Deleting NScrllog.dat will reset the skip check.
Deleting stderr.txt, stdout.txt or envdata does not appear to have any effect.

Four out of five ain't bad. Thanks for your help.
ILPPendant
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 33
Joined: June 11th, 2008, 5:04 pm


Return to Tsukihime Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest