Finally, after 6 days, I'm done with tsukihime...

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Finally, after 6 days, I'm done with tsukihime...

Unread postby elite5472 » August 31st, 2008, 2:12 am

finally, its over, I finally finished it!

*is proud of self accomplishment*

I just wanted to say thanks for the translation to the mirror moon team, I really hated tsukihime until I got to play the game, and after this, I gotta say its one of the most elaborated plots I've read, and really, to make me spend about 6 days nonstop reading, it has to be very good.

can't wait until heaven's feel is done, after all, what got me started was fate stay night.

I have a few questions about the plot however, and I was wondering if anyone knows the answers to these...

- Is the SHIKI from the Tonho's Blood routes not possessed by roa? It just seemed in the Hisui & Kohaku's routes that he was just being manipulated... but in akiha's route he was actually threaded as a vampire, so I'm confused. Also, there were no signs of "the dead" in Hisui & Kohaku routes.

- Why did Shiki kill Arc at the begining? I still found no logical explanation...
elite5472
Might just like this board

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 31st, 2008, 2:17 am

SHIKI is dominant in the Far side of the moon routes.
I think the Dead just aren't pertinent to the Hisui/Kohaku routes as they lead onto Nero, who you ignore.
Tohno Shiki's Nanaya blood makes him want to kill inhuman things.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby elite5472 » August 31st, 2008, 2:26 am

what I don't really understand is that in the akiha's route even "The Dead" are present IIRC, pointing out shiki was Roa there and no a tohno demon like it seems in Hisui & Kohaku routes...

but he still acts like the psychopath SHIKI and doesn't looks like roa, but even Ciel hunts for him aswell..

well, thats how I remmember it, there was a 20 day vacation between Arc & Akiha routes, and the others I just finished in the past 3 days, so i could be mistaken
elite5472

Unread postby Rikh » August 31st, 2008, 6:57 am

i personally think the akiha route is the basic transition route from Near side to Far side. It encompasses some Near side elements and slowly pulls you into a different storyline. Just what i think. Akiha has a pretty interesting route too
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Tash » August 31st, 2008, 5:29 pm

AlinSabel wrote:
I think the Dead just aren't pertinent to the Hisui/Kohaku routes as they lead onto Nero, who you ignore.

Why is that, exactly? What's different between the routes that caused the dominate one to change?
Tash
Addict

Unread postby elite5472 » August 31st, 2008, 8:49 pm

who knows, perhaps there are changes even to the way things developed before the routes depending on which girl you choose :?
elite5472

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 31st, 2008, 10:55 pm

Well... perhaps because of the life link.
I'm not sure. @_@
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » September 1st, 2008, 1:01 am

Tash wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:

Why is that, exactly? What's different between the routes that caused the dominate one to change?

In Ciel's route, Roa/SHIKI specifically stated that, "what kills a will is another will". So when you think about it, the reason why the dominant personality switched between near side and far side is because of SHIKI's will. In near side, you don't really go into the Tohno families secrets instead you (as in Shiki) are more involved with Arc and Ciel. Roa has a thing for Arc so his personality would probably be dominant because he has deep connections with her. In Ciel's route SHIKI's personality was dominant for a short period of time because his obsession to kill Shiki was stronger than Roa's will, but when he managed to "kill" Shiki, Roa became the dominant personality. In far side, you go into the secrets of the Tohno family so there are more ties to SHIKI than to Roa (was Roa even mentioned in far side?). In Akiha's route SHIKI had a sister complex and in Hisui/Kohaku routes he was obsessed with killing Shiki for being an "impostor".
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby gunwarrior » September 1st, 2008, 10:37 pm

DarkRedSky wrote:
Tash wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:

In Ciel's route, Roa/SHIKI specifically stated that, "what kills a will is another will". So when you think about it, the reason why the dominant personality switched between near side and far side is because of SHIKI's will. In near side, you don't really go into the Tohno families secrets instead you (as in Shiki) are more involved with Arc and Ciel. Roa has a thing for Arc so his personality would probably be dominant because he has deep connections with her. In Ciel's route SHIKI's personality was dominant for a short period of time because his obsession to kill Shiki was stronger than Roa's will, but when he managed to "kill" Shiki, Roa became the dominant personality. In far side, you go into the secrets of the Tohno family so there are more ties to SHIKI than to Roa (was Roa even mentioned in far side?). In Akiha's route SHIKI had a sister complex and in Hisui/Kohaku routes he was obsessed with killing Shiki for being an "impostor".

In one of the Ciel-sensei corners, they actually cleared this up. They said that Roa needed a mind to take over in order to become dominant. But since Kohaku made SHIKI crazy in the far side routes, there was no mind to take over. I think it was in the Ciel-sensei corner at the end of Kohaku's route? Not sure, maybe Hisui's...
gunwarrior
Addict

Unread postby Shikiller » September 2nd, 2008, 1:05 am

In Akiha's route Ciel says she took care of the dead. So it is safe to assume that in Hisui's and kohaku's route the dead were being killed by Ciel, if SHIKI turned somebody into one.
SHIKI is a vampire, being Roa's host turned him into one.
Roa needs a mind to take over, and in the far side routes SHIKI went crazy and didn't have a mind to take over. Be killed by SHIKI during the final fight in Akiha's route to read the this explanation.
Shiki kills Arcueid compeled by his anti- non human instincts, and because Roa through his conection with him screwed his mind at that moment.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby that one guy » September 2nd, 2008, 2:17 am

So...
What happens to Ciel/Arc in the Far Side routes? Does Ciel turn into a full human after SHIKI dies? Does Arc get her power back? Does Arc kill Nero? Does Arc kill Ciel multiple times?
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 2nd, 2008, 2:43 am

that one guy wrote:So...
What happens to Ciel/Arc in the Far Side routes? Does Ciel turn into a full human after SHIKI dies? Does Arc get her power back? Does Arc kill Nero? Does Arc kill Ciel multiple times?

Insignificant stuff. What's likely though, would be:
Arc kills Nero; Arc kills Nero, but not completely, and the cycle continues. Arc and Ciel don't have much to argue (since Shiki's not there), so they probably won't fight to the death.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » September 2nd, 2008, 4:02 am

Then what happens to Roa? That's the big question.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » September 2nd, 2008, 5:12 am

that one guy wrote:
Then what happens to Roa? That's the big question.

He just got owned by Shiki all the same in the far-routes. He just didn't manifest because SHIKI was the dmominant personality.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby gunwarrior » September 2nd, 2008, 5:49 am

Arc never lost her power in the far side moments because shiki never killed her
gunwarrior
Addict

Unread postby that one guy » September 2nd, 2008, 8:06 pm

gunwarrior wrote:

Yeah she did. She lost the power that Roa stole from her.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 2nd, 2008, 8:47 pm

that one guy wrote:
gunwarrior wrote:

Yeah she did. She lost the power that Roa stole from her.

If you're talking about that, then no. The hunt would continue.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Return to Tsukihime Chat