Are they making remake of Tsukihime anime???

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby abscess » August 27th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Einherjar wrote:People hate Shingetsutan Tsukihime for a reason.

I don't really hate Shingetsutan, I still do like it. The first time I saw it (around... 4 or 5 years ago) I thought it had some awesome stuff, but that "awesomeness" wasn't really that great either, since the product in itself felt it lacked something in it's background to support it, but it was still enjoyable (I watched all 12 eps in a single sitting :D). The characters felt exaggerated in some ways that made them look kind of flat, but also believable in some other ways, that's why it didn't suck the first time through. I watched it again for a second time like a year ago after the first time I saw it and it didn't feel that good the second time through, and the things I didn't like seemed more evident and annoying (Shiki's emo-ness is the prime example to me). When reading the VN I watched it again, and the same result, but now multiplied, occurred. Sadly it doesn't seem to be an anime that you can watch time and time again and still enjoy it in varying degrees. The "affection" I have towards the anime is now mildly mixed with the "affection" I now have for the VN, and most likely that's one of the reasons I don't dislike it.

Yes it is true that multi-routed VNs are almost impossible to adapt correctly, or even satisfactory, mainly to the eyes of the fans of the original product, but as it has been said in NUMEROUS occasions, the manga is following a well known route, but is still developing the other heroines enough for them to not feel flat, how? tinkering with the storyline, adding scenes that weren't originally there but that make sense in the story of the manga based in original scenes from the pre-existing VN or new altogether to represent info that was imparted in a different manner in the VN. I think it's a wise choice the guys behind the manga did, as far as I've read it makes sense and it's likable to a wide audience, not only fans.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Einherjar » August 27th, 2008, 10:13 pm

I didn't say everybody hates it. And you certainly don't represent the majority.

The plot doesn't make sense, Shiki is Pussy, as you have said, it felt as if it lacked something in it's background to support it. Of course those who watched it first will like it. But for those of us who read the VN first, we were expecting something much higher (like an anime that actually represents the VN). Oh and don't even get me started on the art.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 27th, 2008, 10:54 pm

Einherjar wrote:I didn't say everybody hates it. And you certainly don't represent the majority.

*gasp* :shock:
[echo]
... And you certainly don't represent the majority...!!
... you.... don't... the majority... !!
... majority... !!
[/echo]
You have utterly detroyed the beautiful bubble I was pleasantly living in... ;_;

:lol: Anyway, back to the off-topic topic:
Einherjar wrote:Of course those who watched it first will like it. But for those of us who read the VN first, we were expecting something much higher (like an anime that actually represents the VN).

Yes, I agree that most of the people who like it to a certain degree is because they watched first Shingetsutan then read the VN or only watched the thing. I doubt this is even a point for discussion.

Einherjar wrote:Oh and don't even get me started on the art.

I actually would like to. Yes, the art was different from what Takeuchi did, even though the designs stayed true to the original most of the time (school's uniform, heroines aesthetics and some other stuff) there were certain thigs that made my stomach flinch (Arihiko.... he just seems way off), but overall I think it's good enough to not consider it plainly mediocre. They have both different styles, but it happens with almost all animated adaptations, for better or for worse. I personally think it wasn't bad, it was good, not GOOD, but good.

At any rate, what I wanted to say is that a Tsukihime ANIME is not a bad idea, just look at the over-mentioned manga. If the theoretical guys that are supposed to be making this fabled anime actually care about doing something good, taking an approach similar to the one taken in the manga adaptation, or just making an animated adaptation of that adaptation (oh my! redundancy!), it may produce a high quality product. It could also end up creating something horrible and even more hedious to torment kids with at night. But in short, it's not a bad idea.

But putting for a moment all the ramblings and dreams aside, where the hell is the source of this rumor? Am I the only one still asking?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Einherjar » August 28th, 2008, 3:49 am

The anime by itself isn't so bad, but for those who understands the story, it's BS. That's the reason why people don't treat it as the Tsukihime anime, since it practically has nothing to do with it other than that the characters have the same names and looks (if you look back, the plot is full of holes).
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby gunwarrior » August 28th, 2008, 7:12 am

Am I the only person who didn't like the art style they used for it? I can't stand still images in the shingetsutan style, in motion, it ok, but even then...
gunwarrior
Addict

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 28th, 2008, 9:57 am

gunwarrior wrote:Am I the only person who didn't like the art style they used for it? I can't stand still images in the shingetsutan style, in motion, it ok, but even then...

You are not alone...

It would be nice to use the art style in the Tsukihime (game) remake for the anime though. Yeah, I know, it's not released yet but the "new" art style for the remake of the game looks a lot more fresher than when Tsukihime was originally released.
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Einherjar » August 28th, 2008, 6:48 pm

gunwarrior wrote:Am I the only person who didn't like the art style they used for it? I can't stand still images in the shingetsutan style, in motion, it ok, but even then...

Einherjar wrote:Oh and don't even get me started on the art.

EDIT: @Cat Megex: I wouldn't really say F/SN anime. It seems a bit... flat.
Last edited by Einherjar on August 28th, 2008, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » August 28th, 2008, 9:03 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:It would be nice to use the art style in the Tsukihime (game) remake for the anime though. Yeah, I know, it's not released yet but the "new" art style for the remake of the game looks a lot more fresher than when Tsukihime was originally released.

So, basically...something more akin to the style of the Fate/stay night anime and the Kara no Kyoukai movies?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Jatts » August 28th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Cat Megex wrote:
nanaya_shinya wrote:It would be nice to use the art style in the Tsukihime (game) remake for the anime though. Yeah, I know, it's not released yet but the "new" art style for the remake of the game looks a lot more fresher than when Tsukihime was originally released.

So, basically...something more akin to the style of the Fate/stay night anime and the Kara no Kyoukai movies?

Yeah pretty much.
Jatts
Addict

Unread postby Superflonic » August 29th, 2008, 6:41 am

Jatts wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:

Yeah pretty much.

Then it would be more awesome to watch. I didn't hate the series, but as Einherjar said, it lacked plot.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sharm » September 1st, 2008, 9:32 am

So no one has a clear idea on whether this is a rumor or not???
Sharm
Might just like this board

Unread postby Message » September 1st, 2008, 10:34 am

I haven't seen any evidence that points in the direction of a possible second anime based on Tsukihime. So yes, as far as I know it's a rumor. Nothing less, nothing more.

Unread postby kaerstan01 » September 1st, 2008, 1:17 pm

its just a rumor spread out by fans themselves and i doubt there would be a remake on this. tsukihime was a good anime, the game itself was one of the best but that's that.
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 1st, 2008, 1:58 pm

kaerstan01 wrote:its just a rumor spread out by fans themselves and i doubt there would be a remake on this. tsukihime was a good anime, the game itself was one of the best but that's that.

I think there shouldn't be a serious Tsukihime anime but a funny Tsuki remake. Fan-service here and there...
Brain washing detective here...
Phantasmoon there...
Lines of Ecchi instead lines of death...
Kohaku's drugs corner...
ahhhh.... I want it...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 1st, 2008, 2:42 pm

If they are going to remake the thing that never existed, at least improve the fight scenes a little bit. Also, for the heck of it show a little bit of Miyako, and maybe Len as well since they are a part of this series, even though they don't play a major role in th estoryline though, but they are there.

Besides the things with that anime that never existed was they did a 60/40 blend and kept Sacchin alive. That's the up side, but the down side is they still made poor little Sacchin cry. Isn't that sad Sacchin, they keep her human but Tohno Shiki still rejects her in the end. Although, I'm not sure how they can turn her into a vampire and do the true ending as well though.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby AvatarofRage » September 5th, 2008, 10:01 am

Well, for Miyako, probably have her saying goodbay when he leaves the Arima's house for the last time. Len they can do what they did in the manga, and have her cat form leave Shiki's room just after her 'gift'

As for Sacchin, perhaps a thing would be have Shiki encounter prior to his fight with Nero, either add in an extra day between making the deal with Arcueid and fighting Nero, or perhaps have Shiki do the choice to run from the hotel, and space out in the park, and have Satsuki find him there, with things playing out more or less in the far-side routes for their encounter, and the loss of a friend/acquaintance giving him the final push to dedicate himself to killing the vampire. Then have him go back to the hotel, Arcueid complain and Nero show up etc all as usual.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » September 5th, 2008, 12:18 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:If they are going to remake the thing that never existed, at least improve the fight scenes a little bit. Also, for the heck of it show a little bit of Miyako, and maybe Len as well since they are a part of this series, even though they don't play a major role in th estoryline though, but they are there.

That would be a Melty Blood anime, then. Both Miyako and Len are never even named in Tsukihime.

Hmmm... That's an interesting idea, actually. A Melty Blood anime. "Nero, what does the scouter say about his power level!?"

Unread postby Phlebas » September 5th, 2008, 1:43 pm

How about a Kagetsu Tohya anime instead? :p Don't tell me it wouldn't work.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby kaerstan01 » September 5th, 2008, 2:02 pm

or they could make an OVA out of the "Talk" story, now that would be cool :twisted:
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby nobaka » September 8th, 2008, 3:05 am

Phlebas wrote:How about a Kagetsu Tohya anime instead? :p Don't tell me it wouldn't work.

That would be GODLY.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat