Are they making remake of Tsukihime anime???

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby AvatarofRage » August 23rd, 2008, 9:19 am

For the sake of those who seem to be out of the know, there is an existing anime of Tsukihime; produced by JC-Staff.

It mostly followed the Arc route, and left out some very crucial details, like how the Nanaya where a family of hunters, or even that Shiki feels bloodlust when he sees an inhuman, and lost of other stuff. If I recall, you never even see the Seventh Holy Chapter, although it does explain Ciel was Roa's last host. Also Satsuki doesn't die.
Mind you, it was some years agho that I saw it, so I might have some specifics wrong.

Still, I think a twofold series for Near and Far routes would work great. Near would probably go for Ciel's Good Ending (with both Arc and Ciel harassing Shiki), but otherwise meld the plots. Far would probably either go for one of the Hisui endings, ending with Shiki confronting Kohaku about manipulating SHIKI, either that or, as was mentioned, an original Satsuki route written by Nasu.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Riverl » August 23rd, 2008, 9:46 am

Most people here already knew that, but the anime is just too painful (not in an emotional meaning) to watch, so most considered it never exist :lol:
Riverl
Might just like this board

Unread postby gunwarrior » August 23rd, 2008, 6:33 pm

I think Hisui has something to say

edit:
Einherjar wrote:
gunwarrior wrote: but I hope they choose Hisui since her route was one of the most popular.)

Ahh..... Not sure half a season about Shiki in bed would be a good idea.....

.....Good point.....
gunwarrior
Addict

Unread postby abscess » August 23rd, 2008, 6:44 pm

@gunwarrior
It is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE to ENFORCE that TRUTH!!!11!!!eleven!!ein!!!uno!!!!11 :P
Anyway... A Sacchin route made into anime sounds promising, but then it couldn't be called Tsukihime because, as you must know, Tsukihime stands for Moon Princess or Lunar Princess or something like that, and as sad it may be for you or other people here, Satsuki ain't that. The best shot would be an animated version of the manga, where we get to know about SHIKI, the Nanayas, Ciel's background, that "infamous scene" with Arc. I do NOT know if there is something about Kohaku and Hisui's past, since I left the manga at around the 5th volume I guess (I do plan on getting on it again), but if there is it would be very, very good if it was adapted into an anime, and it would be VERY good if T-M did get into the project in a more direct manner.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Superflonic » August 25th, 2008, 8:42 am

gunwarrior wrote:I think Hisui has something to say

Blasragahagshgh *drool*.
/Zombie mode

Anyway, we are all in denial like Riverl said. That's because it sucked so much. Not much in artwork, but most in plot line. Oh, and also the fact that Shiki runs like a fork when he's off to school.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby kaerstan01 » August 25th, 2008, 9:09 am

so... it really was an anime adaptation of tsukihime :roll:

i thought it was just some kind of a lame spin-off series :shock: :P
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby Superflonic » August 25th, 2008, 9:11 am

kaerstan01 wrote:so... it really was an anime adaptation of tsukihime :roll:

Nah, the anime actually exists, but it's in the darkest corner of the Tsukihime universe.
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » August 25th, 2008, 7:29 pm

Superflonic wrote:
kaerstan01 wrote:so... it really was an anime adaptation of tsukihime :roll:

Nah, the anime actually exists, but it's in the darkest corner of the Tsukihime universe.

I'm pretty sure no one of the Tsukihime staff was present on the production, at least not Nasu saying what was right and what wasnt, what to adapt and how to do it. It feels so full of holes and dark, as in so little info was told, that it feels incomplete at best, even for the people who didn't know of the original VN's existence.

Hmm... I wonder if there is someone in the MM staff that really liked it and still does the same way? :?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Einherjar » August 25th, 2008, 8:00 pm

Here's a better version:
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby gunwarrior » August 26th, 2008, 12:41 am

Einherjar wrote:

Here's a better version:

I have that one too, I just like using the GIF better
gunwarrior
Addict

Unread postby abscess » August 26th, 2008, 3:10 am

I'm still yet to see the sauce of this rumor....
abscess

Unread postby rubberchicken » August 26th, 2008, 3:58 am

Part of the problem with Tsukihime is that it's an absolute nightmare to adapt into a digestible TV series. There are just too many unrelated elements to introduce in a show - hell, the game barely pulls it off.

Shiki's magical ability to cut things has virtually nothing to do with Arcueid being a vampire who hunts down other vampires, which has little to do with Ciel being unkillable, which has nothing to do with the general weirdness at Chez Tohno. Even in the game, Akiha and the maids don't do much of anything in the Roa routes, while Arc doesn't even appear in the Shiki 2 routes and Ciel has minimal presence. If you're going to flesh the characters out so that they seem like more than just cardboard cutouts, you have to involve them, but the story as-is doesn't really lend itself to that. You'd have to tweak things. A lot. I've tried off and on to think of ways to condense the different routes into a single version, but without a great deal of success.
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Jatts » August 26th, 2008, 4:27 am

One thing that needs to be done is make the anime LONGER. Maybe 25 to 35 episodes? Maybe even longer? The story could follow the near side route again, but with tweaks. They could include some episodes from the far side routes that deal with Akiha, Hisui, and Kohaku.
Minus the part with SHIKI, and minus the part with Kohaku being behind everything that happened.
Last edited by Jatts on August 26th, 2008, 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jatts
Addict

Unread postby Atriel » August 26th, 2008, 4:34 am

Meh, just make an anime of it all, 5 seasons. Each for every character <-< that should do it.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » August 26th, 2008, 6:06 am

Atriel wrote:Meh, just make an anime of it all, 5 seasons. Each for every character <-< that should do it.

It should do the job. Or it would go all Naruto. Lol.
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 26th, 2008, 8:17 am

Superflonic wrote:
Atriel wrote:Meh, just make an anime of it all, 5 seasons. Each for every character <-< that should do it.

It should do the job. Or it would go all Naruto. Lol.

I don't think Tsukihime would have 5 seasons... not even if it is one for each character.
The only kind of anime I have seen to be that long is the "Fighting kind of anime":

Dragon ball
Naruto (never seen but I have heard it is damn long)
Bleach...(freaking long too)
New grappler baki...

So the ones who make this remake should add then stuff like.

"Roa, how much is the princess battle power?"
"...It is more than 2000!!!!!"

or..

Ciel seeting free her black keys. "Pierce currymaru"
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby kaerstan01 » August 27th, 2008, 12:35 am

zweiterversuch wrote:
So the ones who make this remake should add then stuff like.

"Roa, how much is the princess battle power?"
"...It is more than 2000!!!!!"

or..

Ciel seeting free her black keys. "Pierce currymaru"

lol, currymary wtf :P

at least arc's route should have been covered in 24-26 episodes or so rather than a 12(correct me if i'm wrong) episode *coughs* "Anime" adaptation
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby Dtrini » August 27th, 2008, 12:08 pm

these kinds of GAMES with multiple routes dont work well in ANIME. different . when some of u gonna get this. i like tuskihime anime by the way. chances that if u didnt like the tsukihime anime u wouldnt like the rumored new one anyways. either way u be disappointed say its missing this and that. crying wolf.
Dtrini
Addict

Unread postby Einherjar » August 27th, 2008, 3:33 pm

Dtrini wrote:these kinds of GAMES with multiple routes dont work well in ANIME. different . when some of u gonna get this. i like tuskihime anime by the way. chances that if u didnt like the tsukihime anime u wouldnt like the rumored new one anyways. either way u be disappointed say its missing this and that. crying wolf.

Higurashi (different sense, but they did keep starting over and over). Although I agree with you if would be bad.

"chances that if u didnt like the tsukihime anime u wouldnt like the rumored new one anyways."

People hate Shingetsutan Tsukihime for a reason.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » August 27th, 2008, 4:07 pm

Einherjar wrote:People hate Shingetsutan Tsukihime for a reason.

Now now, not so negative. Maybe they'll make something out of it, if they do a remake.
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat