Love Tsukihime Music

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Love Tsukihime Music

Unread postby thisoneguy » August 17th, 2008, 2:57 pm

Dont know if anyone else thinks so but i love the Tsukihime music. They really really enhances the mood of the game. Dont know how good they would be if u just listen to them by themselves though, except the ending theme, which i find myself listening to by itself quite often. I was especially impress when credit and ending theme came up after Hisui's true ending, it fitted so god damn well with the mood of that ending.
thisoneguy
Totally hardly posted

Re: Love Tsukihime Music

Unread postby gunwarrior » August 17th, 2008, 7:02 pm

thisoneguy wrote:Dont know if anyone else thinks so but i love the Tsukihime music. They really really enhances the mood of the game. Dont know how good they would be if u just listen to them by themselves though, except the ending theme, which i find myself listening to by itself quite often. I was especially impress when credit and ending theme came up after Hisui's true ending, it fitted so god damn well with the mood of that ending.

Same, I play the game with the original music score and and I love it. Also, the soundtrack adds to the Doujin feel of the game, which is a plus in my book. Audio quality be damned.
gunwarrior
Addict

Re: Love Tsukihime Music

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 17th, 2008, 11:06 pm

gunwarrior wrote:
thisoneguy wrote:Dont know if anyone else thinks so but i love the Tsukihime music. They really really enhances the mood of the game. Dont know how good they would be if u just listen to them by themselves though, except the ending theme, which i find myself listening to by itself quite often. I was especially impress when credit and ending theme came up after Hisui's true ending, it fitted so god damn well with the mood of that ending.

Same, I play the game with the original music score and and I love it. Also, the soundtrack adds to the Doujin feel of the game, which is a plus in my book. Audio quality be damned.

I love this patch because it doesn't have audio at all and that way I can play the songs I want while I play Tsukihime.
Do you recognize this song?

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=QCi7gVN3O70

Well I changed it for this one.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=3W_Ooyqr8 ... re=related

Pretty scary I tell you..
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby DarkRedSky » August 17th, 2008, 11:48 pm

The only track in Tsukihime I really like is track 7. I just really like the piano piece.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby that one guy » August 18th, 2008, 12:20 am

I recently got the music into the patched version, and I'll be damned if I'm not annoyed at it. I mean, my music choices for the game were....interesting to say the least, but when you've got Hallowed be thy Name cranked up as you
kill Nero
and it all ends at just the right moment, the feeling there is just damned incredible.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 18th, 2008, 1:50 am

I'm confused. Did any of you use the "Ever After" soundtrack for the game or what did you use?
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » August 18th, 2008, 1:53 am

I just used the music from the original. Didn't have Ever After at the time, but I did like the music, even if it were simple tunes, but they did go with the mood. For me it's hard to search for ambient music that go with the mood of the moment in the storyline different than the already provided.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 18th, 2008, 2:03 am

I used the Ever After soundtrack. What is the difference between it and the original? Was the original synth-type music or what? Are the tracks arranged the same or different?
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » August 22nd, 2008, 7:28 pm

Sepheriel wrote:I used the Ever After soundtrack. What is the difference between it and the original? Was the original synth-type music or what? Are the tracks arranged the same or different?

The Ever After tunes are redone. It sounds less chip-tune-y than the original, there are also remixes of the originals that use the original "instruments" but with some "twists", but they sound nice enough. I think there are some actual instruments in Ever After, no only synth, but I think it's safe to assume that the majority of the music was made with a synth.

As for the order, it's not the same. If you have Ever After, rip the CD to your PC, compare the songs there with the original sound track from the game and rename the tracks from Ever After that sound like a re-arranged version of another one, with that you can pretty much re-read Tsukihime with re-done music, though I personally think that some songs in some specific parts lose some "edge" in the arranged version.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Message » August 22nd, 2008, 8:08 pm

abscess wrote:As for the order, it's not the same.

Actually they ARE in the same order. It's just that EVER AFTER has more tracks. You'll only need the first ten tracks.

Unread postby abscess » August 22nd, 2008, 8:17 pm

Message wrote:

Actually they ARE in the same order. It's just that EVER AFTER has more tracks. You'll only need the first ten tracks.

Ahh... really? then I'm an idiot! :lol:
abscess

Unread postby Superflonic » August 25th, 2008, 8:46 am

Message wrote:

Well, at least somebody else placed the comment so I wouldn't have to be the idiot asking which files I had to use from Ever After.
Wait.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Return to Tsukihime Chat