Interested in a web-based Tsukihime port?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime web port: Interested?

Yes
36%
Maybe
27%
No
36%

Total votes : 11

Interested in a web-based Tsukihime port?

Unread postby replicated » September 28th, 2005, 2:50 pm

I'm thinking about making a web-based Tsukihime port - as in, you can play it over the internet.

I'm still deciding whether to use Flash or PHP/Javascript, however. And I dunno the legality of it, either.
replicated
the one who Taka is jealous of

Unread postby TheXev » September 28th, 2005, 4:59 pm

The legality of it is the question really. With that in mind, I?d say no, don?t make a web version, unless it was based purely on the preview demo in Tsukihime Plus disc.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby zoop » September 28th, 2005, 7:58 pm

A translated version of the demo using Flash/PHP/Javascript would be cool, and would probably be a good way to introduce people to Tsukihime.
Placing the entire game on the internet in such a format probably isn't the best thing to do though, as it could cause a bit of bad blood between Type Moon and Revolve.
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby replicated » September 28th, 2005, 8:50 pm

TheXev wrote:The legality of it is the question really. With that in mind, I?d say no, don?t make a web version, unless it was based purely on the preview demo in Tsukihime Plus disc.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I thought like doing it cause it'll require me to learn Flash/Actionscript which I haven't learnt yet.
replicated
the one who Taka is jealous of

Unread postby Message » September 29th, 2005, 5:17 am

I voted yes because I think it's an interesting idea, not because I'd want to play it. I'm interested in how you'd pull it off, for instance. 8) But you should be sure that you won't be running any risks of upsetting Type-Moon. A downloadable patch is one thing, but full game content - though limited - is something entirely different.

Unread postby cielsempai » October 11th, 2005, 9:29 pm

It sounds like a neat idea to me. I'd say no ordinarily, but seeing as Tsukihime is OOP and crazy hard to find, I vote that you go for it; you can always remove/restrict it when (if?) Type-Moon puts out a rerelease. Besides, I'd be interesting in seeing how you'd make the port :D
cielsempai
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Tsukihime Chat