Tsukihime Arc.Sar?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime Arc.Sar?

Unread postby Minimoto » August 3rd, 2008, 8:48 pm

I am trying to install Tsukihime but it says to specify the location of arc.sar on the Japanese Tsukihime CD. I have no idea how I should continue.
Minimoto
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 3rd, 2008, 9:00 pm

1. Get the game. Buy it.
2. Wait for the package to arrive.
3. Open mail package, retrieve Tsukihime CD, insert into computer.
4. Run the game patch. Point it at the disc.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Minimoto » August 4th, 2008, 10:59 am

I see. Ah, right. I forgot that these are just the translations and I would actually need the pictures and everything else. Do you know where I could buy this game?
Minimoto
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » August 4th, 2008, 11:54 am

Paste:
Ryuusoul wrote:Apart from searching Yahoo Japan Auctions, you're pretty much out of luck. Every time I've searched for Tsukihime (usually Tsukibako) there, I've always found multiple sellers. It's the price that'll get you (starting in the 8,000 yen ranging to 25,000 yen... I've seen some sell for around 13,000 yen though...it's all very relative.

(I spent an embarrassing amount on my copy, I probably could've got it much cheaper.)

Use an auctioning agent such as Akibado to buy something from Yahoo Japan Auctions. Here are YJA searches for Tsukibako (link) and Tsukihime (link).

Unread postby Minimoto » August 4th, 2008, 8:09 pm

This is where I wished I lived in Japan... I don't have yen.
Minimoto
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ILPPendant » August 5th, 2008, 6:29 am

This reminds me of the time id Software released the Quake 3 source code and half the internet downloaded it, thinking they were getting a free game. 8)

I was lucky enough to find a copy on eBay. Assuming you haven't already checked, that should probably be your first port of call. Just for God's sake don't buy the anime. :lol:

As for Yen, don't worry. Your friendly neighbourhood PayPal will offer to convert your Dollars, Sterling or whatever you use to Japan's native currency for a nominal fee. (Nominal compared to what you should expect to pay for an eight year old game!)
ILPPendant
Might just like this board

Return to Tsukihime Chat