Why does Mikiya Kokutou looks like Tohno Shiki?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Why does Mikiya Kokutou looks like Tohno Shiki?

Unread postby radical_number6 » July 26th, 2008, 2:54 pm

Just why? I mean, its cool if they look alike but they're not twins, so WTF? Maybe they should meet so it'll be like WTF? And maybe Ryouki should come too so then they would like WTF? And then she would say, "Hi, my name is Shiki." WTF?????

I edited the 'to' to 'too'.
radical_number6
Addict

Unread postby Einherjar » July 26th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Well, in a sense you can say they're prototypes, I suppose.
Also, Tohno and Kokutou can never be together. It's just too much.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » July 26th, 2008, 4:40 pm

i wonder if Mikiya is a lost member of the Nanayas...
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shirosaki » July 27th, 2008, 12:38 am

Shikiller wrote:i wonder if Mikiya is a lost member of the Nanayas...

Lol there threw him into a nasuverse rip in the universe because he loved the name Shiki and 18 years later.....
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » July 27th, 2008, 4:42 am

As Mr. Ein said, they were used as prototypes to create the Tsukihime characters, Azaka and Akiha act very much alike too and both have some sort of infatuation with their respective brothers. I'm not too sure if Touko could be considered as the prototype for Aoko, since Aoko, in Tsukihime's case, does not appear that often, and when she does it's because there is something to be done and usually something ends up being blown if I remember correctly :P.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Shirosaki » July 27th, 2008, 5:06 am

abscess wrote:As Mr. Ein said, they were used as prototypes to create the Tsukihime characters, Azaka and Akiha act very much alike too and both have some sort of infatuation with their respective brothers. I'm not too sure if Touko could be considered as the prototype for Aoko, since Aoko, in Tsukihime's case, does not appear that often, and when she does it's because there is something to be done and usually something ends up being blown if I remember correctly :P.

Well in all seriousness he is right but Aoko doesn't blow anything......unless....no get away shiki!!
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 27th, 2008, 5:14 am

Actually, Aoko and Tohko are sisters. (Tohko is the elder.)

Basically, if what I remember is correct, the Aozaki sisters exist in both universes, so there is an Aozaki Tohko and Aozaki Aoko in the Tsukihime-verse, and an Aozaki Tohko and Aozaki Aoko in the KnK-verse.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » July 27th, 2008, 6:58 am

Cat Megex wrote:Actually, Aoko and Tohko are sisters. (Tohko is the elder.)

Basically, if what I remember is correct, the Aozaki sisters exist in both universes, so there is an Aozaki Tohko and Aozaki Aoko in the Tsukihime-verse, and an Aozaki Tohko and Aozaki Aoko in the KnK-verse.

Yeah, but they don't necessarily play the same role in each 'verse they are at. While both of them serve the purpose of plot-dumping the situation to the reader
(i.e. Tohko explains to Mikiya or Shiki whatever is going on; Aoko appears to give Shiki his glasses, mildly explain to him his freaky eyes and later on tell him he is going to die sooner than later)
Tohko is a character that appears more often and not just pops out sporadically as Aoko does.
Shirosaki wrote:Well in all seriousness he is right but Aoko doesn't blow anything......unless....no get away shiki!!

Maybe that's the real reason that Shiki will die sooner than everybody else :lol:
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » July 27th, 2008, 7:44 am

Nanaya Shiki originally didn't need to wear glasses prior to the "car accident" (in reality, he was nearly killed by Tohno SHIKI) sometime in 1991 (assuming Tsukihime was set in October 1999), while Mikiya Kokuto is seen already with glasses in 1995. Well, that really doesn't explain why they look alike but maybe it's because Mikiya and Ryougi are blueprint characters for Nanaya Shiki (Mikiya's appearance + Ryougi Shiki's Chokushi no magan)
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby -Shiki- » November 2nd, 2008, 11:36 pm

hmm..what i know is tohko hates aoko..lol..thats for sure..

what i like is, in battle moon wars, u get to fight aoko who is the main villain..lol..talk about insane..and ryougi do get to meet tohno shiki in bmw..ryougi and tohko are not really reacting "WTF"
when they saw tohno shiki..more like tohno shiki reacts that way when he saw ryougi using the chokushi no magan..lol

oops..4got to answer the topic..lol..i think a read somewhere that KnK is the blueprint for tsukihime..so..that should explain the similarites..
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 3rd, 2008, 7:07 am

Yeah, like someone pointed out, Kokutou is kind of a prototype for Tohno Shiki. I'd also argue that Akiha is derived from Ryogo, but that's a whole different story.
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby shirou12 » November 3rd, 2008, 9:40 am

Well just get to used to it, almost all of them has similarities in tsukihime, even in FSN you can still notice it.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 3rd, 2008, 9:46 am

Ausdoerrt wrote:I'd also argue that Akiha is derived from Ryogo, but that's a whole different story.

No, you got it all wrong! Akiha is derived from Azaka, Kokuto's younger sister.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 3rd, 2008, 3:00 pm

It's easy to tell, because she keeps saying Nii-san over and OVER AND OVER, and talks about how GREAT her brother is. God, I could tell within seconds of the scene.

Fujino is kinda like Kohaku, I think? Meh.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 3rd, 2008, 3:02 pm

Kara no Kyokai is the blueprint for Tsukihime.

nuff said
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 3rd, 2008, 3:05 pm

Yeah, it's even said on the MM site. Although you can see why he changed Shiki's abilities. Shiki from this prototype was insane, and almost without weakness. Nasu must of thought how boring would that be if every enemy was easy :P

So he imposed a penalty for the eyes, a damn hefty one too.

Hmm, I can't wait to watch more and see who the Ciel and Arc prototypes are :P
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 3rd, 2008, 3:14 pm

I'd have to look at Angel Notes for Arc's prototype. Or maybe there are no prototype characters for Arc, who knows?...

as for other character similarities from Rakkyo...
Soren Araya = Nero Chaos

Daisuke Akimi = Emiya Kiritsugu

Tomoe Enjo = Emiya Shirou

and
Lio Shirazumi = a long hair guy with Matou Shinji's attitude, only he's more badass than Shinji
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AlextheLazy » November 3rd, 2008, 5:13 pm

Mkilbride wrote:It's easy to tell, because she keeps saying Nii-san over and OVER AND OVER, and talks about how GREAT her brother is. God, I could tell within seconds of the scene.

Fujino is kinda like Kohaku, I think? Meh.

not surprising considering that she and Hisui are supposed to be part of a branch family of the Fujino clan
AlextheLazy
Might just like this board

Unread postby hoennsquall » November 4th, 2008, 1:25 pm

then, is DDD the prototype of Rakkyo?
hoennsquall
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 4th, 2008, 1:30 pm

If my memory serves me right, Rakkyo came first...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat