plus-disc without applocale

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

plus-disc without applocale

Unread postby handey » July 16th, 2008, 3:48 pm

i have a trouble with plus-disc translation. it installs properly, but when i try to run it directly, i get some error (blank error message) and a window with a blue textarea with what seems to be code (java? i'm no programmer..), it only runs properly through applocale. or maybe it's not supposed to work without it at all? if that's true it's weird, considering how both tsukihime and fate work without it properly.. and a shame, since it means i can't run it on wine and have to boot into windows to play it.
either way, thanks in advance for help or answers.
and sorry if i asked an obvious question, i lurked around the forums and couldn't find the answer.
handey
Addict

Re: plus-disc without applocale

Unread postby abscess » July 16th, 2008, 9:29 pm

handey wrote:i have a trouble with plus-disc translation. it installs properly, but when i try to run it directly, i get some error (blank error message) and a window with a blue textarea with what seems to be code (java? i'm no programmer..), it only runs properly through applocale. or maybe it's not supposed to work without it at all? if that's true it's weird, considering how both tsukihime and fate work without it properly.. and a shame, since it means i can't run it on wine and have to boot into windows to play it.
either way, thanks in advance for help or answers.
and sorry if i asked an obvious question, i lurked around the forums and couldn't find the answer.

As far as I know there is no way to run it without applocale WITHOUT changing your regional configuration (in windows at least). If there is something similar to regional configuration in Linux, try changing it to japanese.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 16th, 2008, 10:08 pm

WINE doesn't have regional settings?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » July 17th, 2008, 10:57 am

The reason why both Tsukihime and F/SN work, is because Tsukihime used a different engine than the 'newer' games. (Newer being everything after Tsukihime).
F/SN, however, runs without applocale, because the sheer awesomeness of Message modified the code in a way, that it was unnecessary to use applocale anymore.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » July 17th, 2008, 6:51 pm

Superflonic wrote:F/SN, however, runs without applocale, because the sheer awesomeness of Message modified the code in a way, that it was unnecessary to use applocale anymore.

Actually, credits for that trick go entirely to ArchDemon. We want Plus+Disc v1.1 to have the same cross-locale support, but we've been having some difficulties with the wallpaper feature of the game. And now it turns out the game doesn't run in Korean locale anymore...

Unread postby handey » July 18th, 2008, 9:00 pm

it is possible to run a japanese-locale game under wine, but that would take more time than it's worth just for the plus-disc, especially conisdering i have already read all the stories. ^^
anyway, thanks for all the replies.
handey
Addict

Return to Tsukihime Chat